idea: Revamped plane of time raids with tbm tier 4 loot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by zipzap, Jan 20, 2016.

1. zipzap New Member

Was thinking that adding a "tier 4" type deal to tbm based upon the old but awesome plane of time raids would be fun. All of those encounters can be beefed up, the mechanics tweaked some, the symbolism is all there, but maybe have the instance start at the first set of gods to bypass all that useless clearing at the start. Wouldn't even be opposed to having it be keyed old school style, where each key was quested similar to the old vex thal keys but nowhere near as grueling.
  2. zipzap New Member

If we had the equivalent of a "raid studio" where players make and submit their own raids and or new monster models I am sure it could be done for free. heck goodurden would be all up on that like white on rice.
  3. Yimin Augur

I am 100 percent behind this idea :D

Yi Min
  4. zipzap New Member

sebilis raid zone with minis that dropped powersources would be cool too. Trakanon could drop tier 2 tbm loot, or this boss could be turned into the new hardcore heritage raid. I know we all loved sebilis and it was THE exp zone back in the day. I have very fond memories of that place.
  5. XanaronPovar New Member

I think I may be one of the new people who has seen enough of plane of time..
  6. Axxius Augur

There are 16 years worth of old content in EQ. Revamping some of it for the current level could be awesome. But the devs just don't have time for that.
    Silv likes this.
  7. zipzap New Member

Just gotta find a way for profit to be made from it and it will get done.
  8. Silv Augur

I'd be okay with a lore-free/lore-light expansion or at least a zone where you go back and tackle major enemies of old (much more in depth than the DDD event etc.). I know we've had this type of content rehashed a few times but killing gods and dragons will always be some of the most fun in EQ IMO.

A perfect way to throw a completely random mashup of raid mobs in one zone: Plane of Mischief. Have encounters in the different areas. Oh, Trakanon is here? Xegony? Mischief!
  9. Random_Enchanter Augur

Why not just re-release the entire POP expansion but upgraded to higher levels? you can call it HiPoP (Higher POP) :rolleyes:

Then half the people can complain about how it is broken and horrible and doesn't make any sense while others can just accept it and ignore it?
    Silv likes this.
  10. Silv Augur

What's your paypal? My money is OTW.