Hmm.. Server downtime.. Double XP Weekend!?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by sigalph760, Jan 14, 2016.

1. sigalph760 Journeyman

Lets do it!
  2. drew0987654 Augur

I vote no, anyone else want to cast a vote?
  3. Canofpepsi Lorekeeper

i vote yes

why say no and ruin it for everyone else

oh i get it, your obviously the grinch
  4. Dranix Augur

I dont think it works like that.
  5. Krisiun Lorekeeper

Nah, I need a 2x rare spawn weekend.
  6. vardune Augur

Yes. I can actually play this weekend unlike the Holiday Double XP weeks.
  7. Srslynotimpressed Journeyman

But it could. Things are quite arbitrary these days.
  8. 1018_01 Elder

Server Rollback To Last DDOS Attack !!! After Hidden Worm Detected !!!

Im just kidding, relax
  9. Sturmx Lorekeeper

Server down for a few? Waaaah double xp please!
    shik and Darkening like this.
  10. Rolento Augur

Since i just got back to playing, I feel since its MLK weekend, they should certainly give double exp
  11. Srslynotimpressed Journeyman

Also a good excuse. This being said, I have no horse in the race. I'm 50 and geared. But it would appease the masses.
  12. Pseudofate Augur

No. Oath of the Gatewatch pre-release is this weekend.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  13. Nolrog Augur

I could go for a double XP weekend. Also fine without one.
    Batbener likes this.
  14. Bignheavy Lorekeeper

A double exp weekend would be awesome, a permanent exp boost would awesome in general. Would be worth playing again!
  15. Bumbler New Member

I say that level 1 to 6 should be doubled permanently (because there is absolutely no fun at all to be had by bashing rats) and the other exp left alone except for special events.

Special events should be all federal holidays, all holidays which are observed in a majority of states (MLK day as an example), EQ anniversary and whenever DBG does something annoying and needs to make amends.

EDIT: My apologies for leaving out our Canadian brothers and sisters. Canadian holidays should also count.
  16. Numiko Augur

Why limit to States and Canada! I'm sure we have people playing from just about every country in the world, lets include all their holidays too! (that should cover most of the year!) :D
  17. Gruffish Elder

Other countries? Are you saying that other continents have countries on them too? What sorcery is this?
    Numiko likes this.
  18. yerm Augur

Double xp weekends should not be given out this way. Double xp gives incentive for people to log in who might have been taking a break and for people to level up alts and grind experience and powerlevel etc. Doing this arbitrarily and spontaneously means that people who happen to be able to join in are rewarded but others miss out and sometimes even get bitter and even less likely to log in and participate afterwards.

Schedule regular bouts of double xp, such as holidays and maybe a weekend in months with none, and tell people well in advance. This can hopefully get people to come try the server out when xp is good, to log back in, to log into alts and group, etc. Good for almost all.

For things like server downtime, there are better solutions. My idea is to hand out a temporary (maybe 1 week duration) double xp potion. You only have whatever time to use it, but it also is useable on your own terms and a fixed duration of it. Or throw around some of these cool events like that double faction and increased rare named one which was actually different and interesting. Anything but yet another spur-of-the-moment double xp.
  19. Tudadar Augur

On progression double xp really just gives people a push to make more characters / increase army size. Especially the 4 day ones. For phin it gives them a little push/incentive to buy $150-200 new laptop(s) or a lot cheaper used ones since levelling is so easy and if they dont level its kinda wasted time/opportunity.

From the start of lockjaw and ragefire double xp has caused a huge problem for many people I believe that dont like the mass boxes/armies. They like the time it saves them and helps them out but also causes a bigger problem down the road that many complain about. Id say high hundreds to low thousands of boxes were created because of double xp from the start of LJ/RF. Thats good for dbg and a lot of money but probably bad for the casual player that doesnt like mass boxing / armies / runs around reporting everyone boxing for breaking what they think are the rules.
  20. Semah Augur

Double-faction was a nice bonus.