Velious Vote on Lockjaw 3 month mark soon

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zublak, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadguy New Member

Stop trying to push expansions. If you want a faster release go play on Phinny. THIS server is advertised as a 6 month schedule. That should never change. Period.
    gluteous likes this.
  2. Zublak Augur

Thanks Roshen for your response.

I agree with Riley in terms of feeling somewhat second class to Phinny. I think a lot of folks on RF and LJ feel that way with how the voting has went down and how Phinny was released rather than adding instancing to one of the existing servers rather than hemorrhaging the community.

People are so quick to jump to conclusions and get all angsty about decisions or opinions. We have people here telling people to go to Ragefire if they want shorter unlocks (Guess what? Ragefire is also a 6 month server and already had a failed vote) and also Phinny (Phinny is a true box server, many people do no like that). What we would like is an opportunity to unlock Velious early which is an expansion that brings SOOO MUCH content to ALL player types.

People that want to blame FI for their guild failures are also wrong to do so. Being a member of FI and playing against TL on RF, the leadership is completely different. TL would run you over period, end of discussion. Many times FI will back off and also work out things with other guild leaders. Even in Kunark currently our leadership is working with other guilds to help them get more opportunity on raid targets. Another good example is last night we noticed Sev up, we mobilized and found Midnight Phyre there in force getting ready to attempt Sev. We called it off and went on our way wishing them luck. Even if they had wiped we weren't gonna bother them. It'd be ridiculous to ask us just hand over every target, we have members who are in this guild and strive to make it the best guild with their hard work and time invested. Why should we give up everything? It's not the way it works. As we get more gear from raid targets and our members no longer need these we typically quit contesting it. We don't go kill things out of spite, only if we need it, like anyone else should. Not every guild plays as hard as we do, and that's fine, no one expects you too. But don't slander us because our goals differ from yours. If you want everything and you want it now, than I'd suggest push your guild to do it or apply with someone who will.

In ending when it comes to the current situation on both RF and LJ. Personally I'm losing the will to even log in. I enjoy EQ and I've put a lot into this current TLP and I want to continue playing well into the later expansions I never got to experience (OoW+). There's just not a lot to do in Kunark. 3 months in Classic and 3 months in Kunark is more than plenty of time for a lot of people. I can't speak for all guilds, but I can tell you our guild has lost a good portion of members in Classic 3 months or so and now in Kunark we've lost a lot. You can try and turn this into blasting us, but regardless if people aren't logging in because they're bored than you're losing playerbase. I think Ragefire being in Kunark longer are feeling it worse than LJ.

So Roshen, I understand you're situation and being busy with TBM and Phinny instance bugs, but let me ask you this... How hard is it to actually open a vote? Also, how long or time consuming is it to tally the vote? I'm not trying to nag, but I'd imagine this should be a simple process that shouldn't take much time or resource to do. I am not a programmer and obviously not a dev, but I really don't see how this would cut into you guy's time. The vote would last for 1-2 weeks and then IF it passed it'd take another 2 weeks to unlock (which this isn't your first rodeo so I'm sure there's some code in place for expansion to unlock). So I just can't understand how this would take any time from start to end.
    Kobra likes this.
  3. Zublak Augur

It's also people like this who hurt the community. This guy has done nothing but and complain about every single thing in each TLP server since they launched. His soul purpose seems to bring down this game and it's community. The sad thing is there are others like this. It's pretty sad you have nothing better to do with your time.
  4. Lifebane Augur

Except, it is true.

I did not say a majority. I understand most of the people came for instancing and avoiding mage armies. But I will repeat what I said initially by saying a good portion of people (myself included) came to phinny for 3 month unlocks. And I know for a fact that a portion of the server would leave phinny (myself included) to go back to to their characters on RF/LJ if they were turned into 3 month servers. And no, I am not super hardcore. I'm in a semi-casual raiding guild. I simply want to progress faster.

Again, these servers have a leaching affect on one another, and Phinny needs to maintain a higher population of active players to be successful, due to no boxing.

DBG has set a good precedent by cementing the unlock timers on Phinny and not allowing votes. Everyone will always disagree. Nobody truly knows what the vocal minority really is, and nobody truly knows what the "majority" of a server wants because there will never be a fair poll. (Well, there could be, but it would take more effort than DBG is willing to put in.) Simply state what the timer is once and for all on RF/LJ, and force people to accept it or move on. Voting has done way more harm than good.
  5. Kobra Augur

A lot of people predicted this would happen. Kunark + classic is just not enough content. If they had released Kunark + classic on the 6 month time frame it would have been alright, probably still too long. I agree with you in that Phinegal is not the answer. I don't like the short lockout. I want to spend 6 months in expansions I like (luclin and beyond). If I want to 2 box a I should also be allowed to 2 box a on my regular PC.

My biggest problem with 6 months of Kunark is there is no interesting itemization for my class (necro) and the PTSD of being a necro main when Kunark released. There is no affliction focus to be found in Kunark so my class gets gimped by the poor itemization. Why is there no affliction haste/efficiency 3 in Kunark? Who knows. There is no spell haste 3 either that I know of.

Itemization for my class doesn't start to get interesting until Luclin, which is around the time the game starts to become more fun for high playtime players like myself because there is AA to work on also.

I don't know what the hell people do in 6 months of classic, Kunark has even less to do. There isn't even new armor sets for int casters in Kunark. Due to the itemization I have to wear Green Silken drape until Velious, its ridiculous.

At least melee get to look forward to new weapons and armor in Kunark.

All I can suggest is take short break from the game or go back to live for now. I will return to TLP when the game is fun again.

In summary, PRESS THE SPEED UP BUTTON!
  6. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

How many times can people lose a vote before they stop coming to the forums to ask for a re-vote?

3 ? 5 ? never ?

I don't think DBG wants to keep wasting time on re-votes when their data shows no issues.
  7. Zublak Augur

Yeah, I can see how this also hurts some people and causes them to be bored as well. As a Monk, we don't get really any armor upgrades like most classes. We get a lot of weapons, but at high end you don't use them because epic+fist prevail. So it's mainly all for twinks. We have a 2hb weapon out of VP that's nice ratio, but still less DPS than fist against MotM bosses. Aside from that we have 41% haste shoes (unless you have Posky belt).

It's pretty dull.

My thing is on Live my highest lvl toon is around 80. I never played the later expacs. So if I do anything I'd go back to WoW and prepare for Legion expac. And I know my gaming habits. If I even open WoW again I'll get sucked in and won't look back. I went to WoW in 2009 and didn't come back to EQ until May of this year if that tells you anything.
  8. Zublak Augur

I would wonder why you come back to these forums. Obviously you hate every single TLP, you hate Krono, you hate boxers, you envy others, you may as well uninstall this game and quit coming to the forums. Your presence will not be missed at all.
  9. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Take a chill pill, Don't worry if LJ or RJ gets a re-vote sure as heck I'll be voting on the longer unlocks.
    But let's face it that re-vote isn't going to happen for at least 3 months + ;)
  10. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

TL had rotations for Trakanon and Veeshan's Peak before it left to Phinigel server. Anyone with a brain can see right through your anecdote of feeding table scraps to one of the last guilds left behind. Unless you start sharing prime cut, you really just come off looking like a disingenuous wannabe guild that got bounced off two servers now.
    Agrippa and Raejin like this.
  11. Kordy_LJ New Member

Thanks for the resses last night. That Sev kill was a first for us. Exciting stuff; progressing as a guild is what makes the game fun.
  12. Zublak Augur

I'll leave the guild drama out of this thread. I made my point.

As far as me personally, I have not been bounced off 2 servers. I left with my guildmates in RoI. I haven't played EQ since the first round of TLP's up until 2009. So you don't know me.
  13. Zublak Augur

Says the guy who always talks about cancelling his account.

And I am very chill. I could give 0 to be honest. If for some crazy reason LJ vote fails for Velious when it comes time, most likely I'll retire from EQ and cancel the 10 accounts I have active and head back to WoW. It's not a threat.
  14. Batbener Augur

Voting on a time line was a dumb idea when they first came up with it, and it's an even dumber idea now, with 3 viable servers. Of the two "box" servers, make one server the 3 month, one the 6 month and open transfers. Sometimes it really is that simple.

I remember just how many people on LJ voted for 6 months, and how after a month many of those same people were like, "WTF DID WE DO?"
    Zublak likes this.
  15. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I did cancel 6 accounts, left 3 as those are my traders on phinny.
    My friends are too casual for the server and I can't bring myself around to make an alt at a certain level to help them.

Don't worry there isn't going to be any vote according to DBG, and if there is and it fails I'm sure we'll see more folks come to ask for a re-vote because they can't read.

Good luck on whatever you do.
  16. Jarith Lorekeeper

So at the current rate (assuming 6 months for the first 2):

Ragefire will get Vel vote in March?
    LockJaw will get a vote in May?
    Phinny will open June (or late May with 84 day unlocks)?

Is that accurate or did I get my dates mixed up?
  17. Zublak Augur

Think that's pretty accurate currently yes. Lockjaw will be in Velious around the same time as Phinny dependent upon a skewed vote. Ragefire is the same way. I am sure they have a lot ready for Velious there, but judging by what I've noticed on forums, they'll have several people from Phinny pop over to vote to extend Kunark out of spite (most of the former TL members have hinted at it as well who frequent these forums).
    Jarith likes this.
  18. Risiko Augur

Except, it is not true.
  19. Hasty Blades Journeyman

I think many votes will be out of spite. You know the old saying, "Revenge is a dish best served cold". Just don't expect the chill to be from Velious Ice.
  20. Ducreux Augur

Can I have my name back yet, guy in this thread who has it?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.