Necro Pet and Gribble HA's

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Whosurdaddy, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Whosurdaddy Journeyman

Is a L 105 Necro pet able to tank the Gribble HA's.

Appreciate your comments.
  2. Leex Pewpewer

3. Zalamyr Augur

With all the pet tanking AAs it can tank trash with one healer merc. On the nameds, pet gear is helpful and you might want to go with two healer mercs (or one real player) to play it safe. It can survive with one a lot of the times, but I've had it explode on me a few times doing the nameds with just one merc.

Edit: This is with bazaar level EM.

Double Edit: To clarify, that's also with the 102 pet, which is the tank pet. I'm sure that's what you meant, but just wanted to make that clear. Never tried it with the rogue pet.
  4. fransisco Augur

Might wanna stay quite about a pet being able to tank something.
    This might get all the tank players who can't tank as well as a druid all excited again.
  5. Yimin Augur

Yes Necro pet can tank the HA , by the way what focus are you using ? even if you only have best group focus you can do it , of course raid focus would be so much better by the way bst pet can also tank this ...

Yi Min
  6. Prymal Journeyman

With Chitin Stud, all defensive AA, Companions Wrath, and only 1 Heal Mer with Gear, Maxed AA Merc AA, Mage armor and Agro Weaps, pet was able to take on 2 Pets at a time or 3 (with another pet suspended just in case) , 2x Swarms and rise of bones to offtank third. Easier on third if you pest paralysys mob away.

Note: used maxed necro aa slow and turned em undead first.
  7. Sheaffer Augur

I thought with the large pet nerf raid focus was made only negligibly better than group?
    Sancus likes this.
  8. Sancus Augur

I don't have a Necro with a raid focus to parse their pets, but this is certainly true for Magician pets (and I'd bet Necros as well).
  9. Leex Pewpewer

That's correct, Yimin has no clue what it's talking about.
  10. Random_Enchanter Augur

11. Yimin Augur

Even a small difference is still a difference , plus don't forget once you add in all the RKIII spells it become a bigger difference ...If you have an EM23 you will more then likely have RKIII spells ...

You do notice I say he or she can do it with group focus right ????

I do have all 3 pet classes My Bst and Mage having EM23 <<< These two I raid with , Necromancer EM20 I could of swore Necro had EM23 also :( time to get one hehe , even though i don't like playing necro any more.

By the way too the OP if you want to molo Degmar castle mission that's doable also for a Mage :)

Yi min
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Iirc you parsed the effect difference on Mage to be ~5% hp and like no ac difference? Betting it's the same for Nec.
  13. Sancus Augur

Yep, exactly that (parses are probably archived somewhere on these forums). I'm guessing Nec pets are pretty similar as well.
  14. Linden Augur

Ill assume that was somewhat directed at me. Look i put up my parse. My spells are listed and number of times of casted. Go tell me what i am doing wrong?
    And when u cant. Stop and consider the possibility that an inbalance is the issue. Or go to my server and ask in general if i have aggro issues. I dont. DH gribble missions i can finsh in 3 pulls with a good wizzy i dont care about the bs attacks on my ability. Just shoot a message across my server in general and ask. Its funny because aggro control is the ladt thing anyone suspected i would have issue with. No one on my server is questioning my ability.
  15. Sancus Augur

Desperate much? The post you quoted was from a week before you posted anything about pet aggro, and it wasn't even about pet aggro.
    Leex likes this.
  16. fransisco Augur

Players of all 3 classes say they have no competition from pets on these boards. If you are having issues, I'd ask a fellow paladin.
    Saying mages should be nerfed again because of lack of knowledge about your own class correctly is is not the way to do things.
    Addler likes this.