TBM helm problem isn't Faerune, it is losing a light source

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bareldi, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Bareldi New Member

The group TBM helms do not have Faerune, which has raised a heated outcry as people discover that upgrading to TBM makes it hard to see.

But the problem does not seem to be losing the Ultravision component of Faerune. Casting Ultravision on you does not help your vision.

It seems that the older helms also work as a light source. The new ones do not. So you can put an older helm in a top-level inventory slot to provide the light, and equip the TBM helm for upgraded mana/hp etc, and you can see again.

I think we have been looking at the wrong aspect of the problem?
    Faana likes this.
  2. Espiritun Augur

is the saying "they couldn't care less" or is it "they could care less"? I've heard both version and I know one of the two apply, but I cant quite put my finger on it.
    Faana likes this.
  3. Axxius Augur

See if they care. ;)
    Faana likes this.
  4. Bareldi New Member

While I do hope that they add light to the new helms, for the moment I am just happy to have found a workaround for the problem.
  5. Triconix Augur

Coincidentally they were just talking about this topic on Elvis Duran earlier in the morning.
  6. Neuromancer New Member

The saying is "I couldn't care less." I only answer because I always have to bite my tongue and sit on my hands because it drives me crazy and people accuse you of being rude things if you politely correct them. If you "could" care less, then you would, and you would just go on about your day. ;)
  7. Silv Augur

Faerune still provides EB, which I will admit is probably a minor ability for most, but it is still helpful to have. The title of the post is misleading in making it seem like just adding light sources fixes the whole issue.
    Geri_Petrovna likes this.
  8. Iila Augur

For me, it was 100% the missing Ultravision. I didn't even notice a difference until I died or my UV granting self buff was dispelled.

Don't we all have innate EB from AAs?
    Faana likes this.
  9. Taiqwon Augur

[IMG]
  10. Triconix Augur

Colloquially the saying is "I could care less" because it implies sarcasm or comparsion according to etymologists. It's like the saying "Oh I should be so lucky!" in a sarcastic way. Another way to convey it would be saying it like "Oh, if there was only something in the world I could care less about!"

From a comparsion standpoint, it would be something like "I could care less...than you" with the than you being implied. This just means that you care about the topic even less so than that person you're referring to.

So, they both could work, but from a completely serious tone of voice, the correct usage is "I couldn't care less." But what it boils down to most is that idioms don't always have to make sense. It doesn't make any sense when a person says "You can't have your cake and it it too." It technically should be "you can't eat your cake and have it too."

There's a little fun food for thought on midday of midweek!

P.S. Silly random things English majors talk about in college :)
    Geri_Petrovna and Faana like this.
  11. Axxius Augur

I didn't notice the lack of light source either. Many weapons are more powerful light sources than helms.
  12. Darkark Augur

Haha, welcome to the US Meat Grinder of all things English - mincin' yo words since Webster threw down in 1828 :)

P.S. It's obviously "I couldn't care less", though if you could care less you can make an argument for both.
  13. Triconix Augur

Ah I remember getting my Epics and feeling like the world was suddenly lit up by a commercial grade spotlight.
    Elricvonclief, Silv and Axxius like this.
  14. lancelove Augur

Fix the damn vision issues please
    Faana likes this.
  15. Faana Augur

Weapons have light sources?

I don't play blind races unless there's no other option.
  16. beryon Augur

17. Geri_Petrovna Augur

/edit Add Faerune, and a light source to the helm from TBM of ALL classes please :D
  18. svann Augur

I suppose that depends on whether the caring scale goes into negative numbers.