Ultravision racial innate?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bareldi, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Bareldi New Member

One of my characters is a 105 Dark Elf magician.

When she switches to a TBM group helm from her Highwater cap from TDS, the world gets much darker. She can hardly see in some of the zones, even with gamma cranked up.

As a dark elf, I thought she had ultravision as a racial innate, and so losing Faerune should not matter to her. But in game it seems to matter a lot.

Am I missing something? Is there a way for her to turn Ultravision off and on? Is this something I should petition about? Is the heightened vision granted from Faerune something different from Ultravision?

Anyone know?
  2. Bareldi New Member

Update: I tried buying an ultravision potion with DB cash.

Clicking it gives her an Ultravision buff for 4 hours, but does not change her vision. things are still dark.

The only way to make things look normal is to switch back to the TDS helm.

Something seems to be really broken here.
  3. Bareldi New Member

Further update: It seems that this has nothing to do with ultravision. It is about having a light source.

The TDS helms are light sources. The TBM helms are not? Putting a TDS helm in an upper inventory slot brightens the screen. It does not need to be equipped.

So I've been focused on the wrong aspect of the mess.

Perhaps I should post a different thread to bring this bypass to other's attention, until the item itself gets fixed.
  4. Brudal Augur

Most recent helms include a light source in addition to faerune:

Darkwater Warmonger Coif

MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE PRESTIGE INFUSIBLE
    Slot: HEAD
    Purity: 75
    AC: 281
    STR: +33+21 DEX: +32+20 STA: +27+17 CHA: +27+17 WIS: +24 INT: +24 AGI: +30+19 HP: +4076 ENDUR: +4036
    SV FIRE: +60 SV DISEASE: +60 SV COLD: +60 SV MAGIC: +60 SV POISON: +60
    Combat Effects: +6 Shielding: +3% Spell Shield: +3% Avoidance: +7 Accuracy: +9 Stun Resist: +3% Strikethrough: +3% DoT Shielding: +3% Attack: +37 HP Regen +4 Damage Shield: +3 Damage Shield Mitigation: +3
    Required level of 100.
    Effect: Faerune (Worn, Casting Time: Instant)
    WT: 2.5 Size: MEDIUM
    Class: BER
    Race: BAR DWF TRL OGR VAH
    Slot 1, Type 8 (General: Raid)
    Slot 2, Type 14 (Energeiac: Raid)
    Slot 3, Type 21 (Special Ornamentation)
    Item Lore: Revel in the glory of war.
    Item Type: Armor
    Appearance: Velious Chain 1
    Tint:

Color (RGB): 222, 222, 40
    Light:
    Lightstone
  5. lancelove Augur

Im glad you touched on this. I actually asked in general chat the other day if anyone else was having these issues. I play a human ranger max aa and since upgrading to all the new gear etc... noticed something was terribly wrong with vision. My other toons that i box all have great vision and they are all in new gear as well but for some reason my ranger (who has a killer self sight buff) can barely see in Plane of Decay and in CoD. Something is definately wrong.
  6. Brudal Augur

old sources seem to disagree:

Race Innate Racial Abilities
    Dark Elf Ultravision, Hide (50 cap)
    Dwarf Infravision
    Iila likes this.
  7. Brudal Augur

Source
  8. Silv Augur

Dark Elves most certainly do have innate UV. If you make a newbie DE, go to a zone at night, look around. Roll a Wood Elf and do the same. You will see the huge difference between UV and IV. Try it with a human too if you like feeling blind.

People probably stopped noticing because everyone and their brother has a million light sources on and lots of current zones don't seem to have visual day/night cycles.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.