Do GMs ever enforce rules?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Inebaff, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Inebaff New Member

In Runnyeye today and mage named Harfoot with the guild name "King of Runnyeye" is clearly automating killing all PHs for Lord Picklaw and the named themselves. Reported it multiple times and of course nothing is done. I mean I don't know how you could possible have your pet come and KS every named and PH in the zone even when you are nowhere near it without some automation and hes been literally doing it all day. In the Bar and hes on the opposite side of the zone? Its ok as soon as the defender pops his pet is coming in for the KS. Seriously what does someone have to do before the GMs actually respond?
  2. Rcalielie Elder

GMs dont really exist anymore these days... there are devs and guides.
  3. code-zero Augur

He's using standard mage pet mechanics to send his pet out to kill PH's and named. He doesn't have to target a mob, just tell the pet to kill it and if it's up the pet goes after it
  4. Vanrau Augur

Most likely using a programmable keyboard and a in game macro. /target npcname /pet attack and has it on a timer on the keyboard to press that button so many times a minute.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

You can try taking a video of it and attaching it to your petition I have heard of people having more success doing that. Keep on petitioning and get others to do it too It does take far more work then it should to get rid of cheaters but that's life in eq now. Either live with it or prepare to do a lot of work.

CS is very overworked and if you can do as much of their job for them as you can they are more likely to take action. They aren't being lazy they are just pressured to resolve petitions as fast as they can.
    complexication likes this.
  6. Zabal Journeyman

I am unsure on how effective the video recordings actually were. Nor do I know if any actual punishments were levied. What I do know is that my guild had enough members tenacious (no pun intended) enough to keep seeking out the hacker, giving me more opportunities to record his actions. Him and his bot army of 15 haven't been on since Christmas Eve.

The point is, don't stop pushing. There's many video recording programs out there anymore and uploading to youtube or other video hosting sites is easy. A picture tells a 1000 words but a video can tell a story. It's true that CS is overworked, so sometimes it's up to the player community to gather as much evidence up as possible to show them the pattern of behavior. Good luck in your efforts.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

GO GO GOOD GUYS!
  8. starfox1106 New Member

I was in Runnyeye today and had same problem. Every time Lord Picklaw popped a necro had his pet attack, no matter where it popped he was on it as soon as it popped. If it was out of range he jumped up and ran to mob. I know he doesn't have track so, yeah. He also targeted the names and Slayspells and was on them instantly. For over 8 hours! I'm not much of a complainer , but this is ridiculous. I am very patient, but why can't we get some sort of leash on these plat farmer types. Every day he is down there. Why is this allowed? Many people came to Phinegel because they wanted to get away from plat/kroNo farmers and this kind of behavior.

Maybe the pet leash should be shorter. There is another real world rule. You abuse it, you lose it.
  9. Carel Da Bard Journeyman

Team good guy tactics might work. Now where are our allies the giants?
  10. Zabal Journeyman

The issue is that a GM has to witness the infractions themselves. I know that automatically closes when it spots a GM which is why they started ghosting. And hacking is definitely an issue, not only for the group content but there's guilds using hacks or at least allowing hackers to remain on their rosters.

What you can do is show them the pattern of behavior. /petition, take screenshots, take logs, take videos, and tell anyone else who witnessed the events to do so as well. Posting here really won't help much in getting results without some evidence
  11. mackal Augur

/pet attack mob_name works.