May 99 to now

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pazen, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Benzarden Augur

I need a translator to clearly read anything that you write. Jesus, Repthor's English and grammar is better than yours.

All I got out of your rant was that Paladins, SKs, and Warriors are now worthless, when in reality they are ten times more powerful than they were in 1999. Therefore, I have to agree with Klak. Your gameplay ability is most likely on par with your comprehensive writing.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  2. Iila Augur

Dead sexy.
  3. mackal Augur

How do you know I'm not?
  4. Thancra Loladin

Thread to be linked in response to anyone in a post claiming playing since 99 makes you good and knowledgeable about a topic.
  5. Mayfaire Augur

Damn, why didn't anyone tell me? Why didn't I get the memo? Was there a memo? :eek:
  6. Quuq Apprentice

Pretty sure there's an M. Night Shyamallamasdfasdfb movie about this.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  7. Leex Pewpewer

I really can't agree with Warriors don't play because the class is ruined, it's probably the strongest it's been since the creation of the Warrior. They've got a vast multitude of defensive discs and aggro discs to help sustain them in a fight..

I think the issue is what guild you are in and who your Warrior or tanks are. Pazen, we were guilded in Township Rebellion and if your making a judgement off their tanks then I can understand why you made this thread, they are terribad.

As for Knights, I hear more then anything it's the design of the raids that is hurting Knights. Not that you guys can't do anything, but more or less there is nothing for you guys to do on raids.
  8. Ruven_BB Augur

I really wish the 99 May noobs would stop posting. Everyone knows the old school is 99 March. Keep in mind though, I am still clueless playing my class. I just make sure I play with those that do know how to play.

Ruven
    Carel Da Bard and Mayfaire like this.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Assuming it continues to exist, agreed! I <3 the Billy Madison line but amazed it's still here give it's Monday and folks are likely back in the office.
  10. gnomeboss Augur

moar Big Bad Bosses pls.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  11. Vanrau Augur

I've played Everquest since the early 80's so I know more.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Kobra, Brohg, Terminat and 17 others like this.
  12. Viper1 Augur

10 of 10, would read again!
  13. Rafather Augur

Who is the OP and why is he/she so terrible and still playing since '99??? Listening to our knights talk in vent and watching them play; you Pazen are completely wrong.
  14. Leex Pewpewer

Township tanks for ya.
  15. Pazen New Member

I am guessing you... all... didn't read? Worthless...and it was not... for some of your classes!!! I am a disabled veteran WITH one arm and play the Paladin class. I am simply saying what is broken..since 99 I served the Country...while you played EQ!!! Sorry I kept you safe and yes I had to stop playing for 3 years...because of my service ...serving you and the Country came first...but I learned to play again...
    So don't ever be mistaken...(yes that was 2009 when I came home)...so you get it right when you post..
    Half of the posts on this thread doesn't even relate to what I was saying!
  16. Laronk Augur

My main gripe with people who have been "playing since 99" and think they know more than people who are newer to the game is the game is so much different than it used to be.
  17. Rafather Augur

I would gladly shake your hand, thank you for your service in public and believe you should be given far more from this government and country then you currently are. But in terms of EQ classes Pallies and SKs have many great tools that make them amazing.
    Terminat and Mayfaire like this.
  18. Laronk Augur

But you didn't even list anything that is actually broken, your post is mostly non coherent junk. It isn't well structured and for some reason you think you're better than others because you've been playing since 99 when the game was very different from what it was now. Knights are in a pretty good place IMO.

While your disability is terrible and your contribution to your country is admirable what does it have to do with this post or with knights being broken.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  19. Elricvonclief Augur

From one vet to another, thank you for your service and sacrifice.

As for EQ and knights, we're doing just fine at the endgame.
    Silv and Mayfaire like this.
  20. Pazen New Member

Please read the content...I was raging over the abuse (knights receive)...that we need more efficient things to keep us out of harms way OR get us back into the tanking game.
  21. Laronk Augur

As a paladin you have deflection (which works great), the new shield flash aa, 3 defensives and the upgrade to the reprove/repel line via aa's

As I said in my post earlier knights actually get tanking assignments in my guild when we don't have enough warriors. If knights were much better you wouldn't use warriors for anything.