Wizard PVP broken

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Vonveederveld, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Vonveederveld New Member

After the release of TBM the upgraded Mana Burn will no longer land in PVP. I think it is unfair to take any weapon away from a class is already at a huge disadvantage in PVP due to the 40% cap on spell damage done to players and the length of time between casts (Most any Melee class can hit you 2-5 times with no imposed mitigation and run while doing it). Wizards are also at the disadvantage that spell resists are at an all time high and our lure spell line is completely ineffective at this level of play (if they where ever useful).

Please address these issues our lives depend on it.
  2. Drayze Elder

Careful what you wish for....the current way to fix something is to break everything else around it.
    Vonveederveld likes this.
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It would be an instant kill on anyone if they let it work. They don't do that. Plus no one cares about PvP.
    Andarriel and Axxius like this.
  4. Savil Lorekeeper

And because beimeith doesn't care, nobody else does. /nod

Savil
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  5. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Lol. PvP has never been remotely even close to being balanced... why would they start caring now?
  6. Benzarden Augur

No, because 98% of the EQ population doesn't care. He stated the obvious. PvP in EQ has always been unbalanced, unregulated, and most importantly unrewarded outside of some random "best of the best" events. PvP was never really featured in EQ. Therefore, 16 years later, it's essentially dead. And no one cares.
    Andarriel and Brohg like this.
  7. Brohg Augur

Benzarden being VERY generous when estimating 2% care, imo
  8. Axxius Augur

It would be too much work adapting the new MB to PvP. Even if they would scale down the initial hit from 2.4m (to what?), the target would still die in a matter of seconds from the incoming damage debuff. Then everybody else would cry the devs a river and get it disabled in PvP. Dzarn saved himself some time and did that already. :cool:
    Silentchaos and Beimeith like this.
  9. Phrovo1 Augur

Wait, people used Mana Burn in PvP before TBM? On a side note, people PvP? I'm pretty sure that the direct damage cap is what, 40k anyway?
  10. Jaybizzer Lorekeeper

I haven't seen a wizard cast manaburn in pvp in a long time. You are doing it wrong if you're using manaburn
  11. Navin Novellus Journeyman

2% of the game cares about PVP? Nice stat conveniently pulled from your . I can't say about its accuracy one way or another, but I know 100% of my guild cares about PVP. You guys need to stop being so negative the second someone posts anything about PVP.

Yes, I understand we're in the minority, but that's no reason to get so negative every time someone makes a PVP post. Zek is a server. PVP happens there. There is no forum specific to PVP. Expect our vile disgusting posts to show up among all the special blue server snowflakes.

Regarding mana burn, Jay is right, I haven't seen anyone cast it in awhile, but I'm no wizard so I'm not completely sure if it was used before or not. Regardless, no special tuning was needed. ALL DD spell dmg is already capped at 40% of the player's max health for PVP. Take a look at HT. It works in PVP, but is capped as all spells are, else SK's would already be able to 100-0 someone with a single spell, they need to use multiple to achieve this, so no real concerns over insta-death from mana burn. The additional damage to spells I believe would not be a deal breaker either, especially since it doesn't affect DOT's.
  12. Jaybizzer Lorekeeper

Get em Navin!
    Vonveederveld and Navin Novellus like this.
  13. Benzarden Augur

#PvPLivesMatter
  14. Linden Augur

I care about PVP. I think 98 percent is a little high. The problem with PVP is thats its a time sink that players prefer advancement or reward over getting pwned by that one ranger or rogue that will perma camp an arena because they can.
  15. good post maker Journeyman

PVP? Surely you are playing the wrong game.
  16. Reval Augur

I've got this man figured out.
  17. Benzarden Augur

You're fired.
  18. Reval Augur

You're throwing generalizations out like crazy, and stating guesses that favor what you want as if they were truths. Your last statement is an outright lie. Anyone that reads this thread has to realize that a person that cared about pvp made the thread. Everything about your post bleeds bad character. If a person cares about pvp enough to make a post about it, let them speak their mind.

If you had a well thought out opinion on the subject and you're from a blue server but have some real interest in pvp that's fine, but you don't go to a knicks game to tell everyone there how irrelevant basketball is. If your concern is that no one cares about pvp, don't force it by constantly insulting people that care about pvp to the point that they don't post. Let reality speak for itself.

There was even a thread involving making instances on zek non pvp that got some support from people on blue servers and spanned several pages, and nothing happened. None of your precious dev time was lost. If people support something, let them support it. If your whole point of posting is to marginalize people, then don't post.

With this strategy you have, when a berserker complains about issues, you might as well post about how "no one cares about berserkers", "it's a dead class", etc... There aren't that many of them right? On average each class should be just over 6% of the total game's population, right? Oh but you don't do that because you personally know a berserker.. People outside of your sphere of influence still exist, and you should still respect them.
  19. Benzarden Augur

My last statement was, "You're fired." My statement previous to that was, "#PvPLivesMatter." But I'm glad you're passionate about PvP in a game with no PvP structure. Good luck on your crusade.
  20. Reval Augur

These guys...

You see what he's doing? You can't hold any interest in pvp or at this point even in human decency at all without him passive aggressively blowing it into "a crusade". He's trying to push anyone that talks about pvp out of the way, but for what reason? Who's really on a crusade here? If people want to post about pvp then let them post about pvp. Imagine if people did what you're doing here to you in literally any other subject. Would it be morally okay? Name any other subject where you think the sort of attitude and intention that you're pushing around would be acceptable.