The State of Casual Guilds across all Live Servers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Dec 1, 2015.

1. icreepin New Member

exactly everquest was meant to be what the MMO was named to forever be on a question for knowledge for experience and to always be in the never ending quest for advancement. when EQ was first released a raid was meant to be where the whole server got together and made an accomplishment then when the MMO moved forward and then the instance zones came about that way several groups could kill the same mob at the same time and everyone would get the rewards which is what raiding turned out to be not kill a mob to gain the knowledge it has but to kill a mob to get the loot it protects.
  2. Gundolin Augur

That's one of the advantages to how late I play. I log in usually some time after 9:00 P.M. Pacific Time, well after most of the raiding guilds have called it a night. I have a few friends that moved on from my casual guild(s) and into bigger raiding guilds that I still regularly group with. Makes it nice when your running group content and suddenly have top geared raiders to get through it.
  3. Quest4ever New Member

Emarr has slowly declined since TLP servers, and the few main raiding guilds continue to try and recruit / open raid to get the numbers required to run raids. My casual guild went from high 30s, low 40s at our raids, to 20'ish peeps on, not even close enough to raid anymore, and we were still in cotf, and couldnt get past DH1 even with 40+. Typical number on day to day is maybe in 20s.
    I've since quit the game, didnt buy the expansion, knowing what would get delivered.
  4. Wayylon Augur

I think the reduced xp in previous expansions hurt casual guilds the most. For example if I'm a level 105 group geared toon I should be able to go back in previous expansions and play with new or returning lower levels and at least get some AA... It just obsoletes so much of the game world.
  5. wthHappened Journeyman

just a sign of the times are you prepared?