FAQ: What Things Are Not Allowed on Phinigel?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Nuttmeg Augur

To bad so sad. One account, ONE COMPUTER! Yes,that means monitor, mouse, keyboard, and power supply. ALL OF IT.

...but how did they detect I was using only one power supply, sniff,sniff?

Who cares. You were caught and you are gone. Bye.
  2. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

It does not mean 1 keyboard, monitor and mouse per computer. All of those can be done via a KVM, KVM's have not (yet) been deemed to be in violation of the terms of service associated with the new server. If KVM's are in future deemed to be in violation, then that is far more restrictive than was stated in the FAQ and more restrictive than was possible in 99/2000. I boxed several accounts from several computers in 2000 using a KVM.
  3. MBear Augur

Nuttmeg, your a spicy one!
  4. Vrar New Member

So if you wrote the software to emulate automation, would that be ok? Since it would technically not be 3rd party software.
    Superbilly likes this.
  5. code-zero Augur

No
  6. Superbilly Journeyman

I gotta admit that is some f***** up logic haha that made my brain hurt.
  7. Myrnyyk Journeyman

That's the definition of 3rd party software....
  8. Vrar New Member

From which perspective? If a developer writes something, that is not 3rd party software.
  9. Brumski Augur

Maybe 4th or 5th party software is acceptable. Imma be safe and skip right to 12th party software.
  10. Steampunk Augur

So, a lot of people spent money to accomplish an end purpose that they knew was at least against the spirit of the server, if not the letter. They intended to use a means to that end that they assumed was acceptable. Their only reason for this assumption was because nobody had specifically said that it wasn't acceptable. Now they are unhappy to discover that their assumptions proved incorrect. It's not like DGC ever said "THIS" is acceptable and later changed their mind. Failure to deny permission is not the same thing as granting permission.
    Son of a... and kraggnar like this.
  11. Steampunk Augur

Run, Forrest, run!
  12. frankie78227 Augur

Simple rule: If you feel you have to ask or should ask, don't do it.
    Nolrog, Steampunk and kraggnar like this.
  13. derpderp New Member

well thats why we need clarity about it. what used to be NOT against the rules is being changed to against the rules after launch and people are getting suspended.
  14. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Don't box problem solved. If you do box make sure 1 key stroke = 1 commend per character.
    Everyone who I know that is boxing on Phinny = not getting banned used those guidelines.
  15. AlmarsGuides Augur

I can't believe anyone would ever be so ignorant to follow that rule. Being inquisitive is how you learn. Asking questions about things you don't understand is arguably the best way to learn about them.
  16. Nuttmeg Augur

Wrong, wrong, and wrong. Pushing the absolute letter of the law, pretending "inquisitiveness" is no excuse to break the spirit of a server.
    "But they didn't specifically mention key broadcasting" (too bad)
    "But this" " But that" ...

We, the players, want one person playing one toon. I know you guys (Almar etc) want to RMT as many characters as possible... Go play somewhere else.
    andross77 likes this.
  17. AlmarsGuides Augur

I wasn't talking about phinny I was talking about life. But hey, you hit #1 on my chief complaint hierarchy congratulations you proved just how arrogant you are!
  18. Nuttmeg Augur

I disagree with number 4. You're guides are fine.
  19. Lucy Elder

Yea, and back in the day you only had 84 days before the next xpac released and had to level up, raid and get ready for the next release in 12 weeks, all up hill in the snow?

Tired of this insane comparison. It doesn't even compare.
  20. Steampunk Augur

Does the world end if you don't level up before the next release, regardless of the amount of snow or the direction of the hill? You are correct that there is no comparison, but the insanity is people like you who act like this is something life-shattering, instead of just a game! Of course, for some of you it may actually be life-shattering. You might have to crawl out of your parents basement and get a real job instead of ripping off other gamers.
    andross77 likes this.