Why ruin LJ/RF servers and abandon that community?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tuiv, Dec 4, 2015.

1. MightyUnclean Elder

If you want evidence that LJ and RF are going to take a huge population hit 12/9, just look at the plummeting item prices and the skyrocketing Krono prices over the last couple of weeks. People are dumping their gear for plat on these now-undesirable servers and investing in Krono for the transfer to Phini. Krono have doubled in sales price in the last few days.
  2. Works Elder

The fun part has been watching people bid themselves up with multiple accounts in /auction in a concerted effort to raise the price of Krono. I assume that's always been a thing but starting about a month ago (?) it became really apparent some nights while Krono started moving from 8-10k to 12-14k. Didn't help that I had someone reply to me about a buy from an account that had been trying to outbid another account. I had sent my tell to the other guy. Dummy would have had to type my name to even reply, the whole thing was kind of comical.
  3. Weverley Augur

I think lockjaw and ragefire won't do as bad as people think personally.Some gonna start on phinny and very fast gonna be disappointed and gonna go back to their old server.Those who claim doom for RF/LJ i would say give it a week or two before you judge.That's why daybreak are not saying ok we gonna merge .I think even with instancing many gonna find 12 weeks way too fast and won't be able to keep up.It's easy to say but u can raid at your pace but if you are so far behind in expansion even the group gear is better then what you raid you gonna say what's the point of raiding if i can get gear in normal dungeon that got better stats.
    Simone likes this.
  4. Kragin Augur

"That's why daybreak are not saying ok we gonna merge " - that's not why
    Simone likes this.
  5. Geroblue Augur

I think the drop will be due to people who want new new new and get tired of trying to recapture the first time they gamed in EQ. So , they yell for a new server, maybe that will brnig back the first experience they had playing EQ.

Only problem is, its impossible to get that first time EQ experience as it can happen only once.
    Simone likes this.
  6. Drexll Augur

You're in the minority. Deal with it.
  7. Drexll Augur

Well said. A lot of the folks (maybe the majority) who are crying about Phinny are the Magey McNeckbeards we have now who know theyre not gonna have a captive economy to exploit any longer because their customer base is moving to Phinny.

Boo hoo hoo
  8. Lawyer Augur

Hey, come over to Phinny! Now we will actually let you kick the football!
    Grish and Drexll like this.
  9. Drexll Augur

10. Trevalon Augur

Come play on Phinny! Oh wait, I bet you don't have 6 computers for those 6 boxes...so sorry, guess your stuck on LJ.
  11. Imdead Augur

Next summer Lockjaw will be in Velious for 6 months with plenty of raid targets for everyone. I think the server will be just fine.

I'll personally be rolling a character for fun and easy Krono farming on Phinny to take back to Lockjaw.

Also, I predict that all GEB/FBSS/SMR/BAM camps will be perma locked down by mass boxers just like they were on Ragefire and Lockjaw. You will see a lot less of the 3 to 6 boxers but typically they weren't the issues and the mass boxers have been setting up their box pc "servers" for months.
    Zublak and Son of a... like this.
  12. Son of a... Augur

I know I won't be wasting my money. Glad to know after quitting for the same reasons Friday and Xhieron , as well as so many others wrote. Phinny is Nothing worth coming back for.
    Good job.
  13. code-zero Augur

You know, I don't get the "Krono farming" thing. You farm assorted gear and plat that you hope that you can trade for Krono. There's not a single mob in the game that drops Krono.

I'm thinking that the real economy is as follows, RMT wannabe sells phat lewts for Krono, keeps a bunch and then sells some to 3rd party sites, an unknown percentage of the RMT customers then buy those Krono back and then trade them for phat lewt.

Over time the Krono are consumed and if they aren't replaced by people who purchase legitimate Krono from Daybreak then the supply dwindles and starts drying up.

Bottom line, the people bragging about "farming Krono" are in fact hooked on Krono. They've become Krono-heads. without the Krono rolling in they can't keep their accounts running.

I'm wondering when the first of them will be going in for Krono rehab?
    Grish likes this.
  14. Angered Augur

New Water Ahead?
  15. Zublak Augur

Honestly if you actually enjoyed the game you'd continue to play. To not play because you don't agree with someone else's play style or to have a few bad experiences, than that means you don't have things well. Every single MMO you play you're going to deal with something you don't like. But if you love the game, or enjoy it enough, you continue to play it.

You need to grow some thicker skin that's for sure. It's the internet. I've been annoyed 100 times over since this TLP came out, but I still enjoy playing EQ and until I lose interest I'll continue to enjoy it and avoid what I can when it comes to people that try and ruin the experience.
  16. Son of a... Augur

IT is not the play style. There are two new TLP servers (and a dozen other servers) for people to enjoy whatever play style they love. People kept clamoring about the ***** ***** boxers that DB decided to create a 3rd TLP and ****bags can't be happy unless the infiltrate the new server. Those people in the community are sickening, not the game.

"a few bad experiences"?? I like to get my own gear, problem is... wash, repeat forum posts ad nauseam... This is not a new MMO. No one is here dealing with ***** because they are trying to beat some fresh unknown mmo, they are here trying to relive the fun of the original game.

Like I said, reading the forums has sealed my decision to step away and not worry about sinking another dollar into this game.
  17. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Every time I think of RJ / LJ now....

[IMG]

Good luck folks.
  18. Avoid New Member

I really don't understand how people can be ok with 6 month unlocks. You really want to wait 10 friggin years to get to current content? I'm sorry but by then the game will be what 25+ years old? While I do agree some expansions should have longer unlocks than others, classic and kunark do not have the content to sustain 6 months of play. Most of the people I played with on RF have already stopped playing due to the anticipated date of March for velious. Rightly so, I will probably join them.

Here is the issue with that. Once you lose players, they find new games to hold their attention. Once you have them you shouldn't let them go because what exactly are you going to do to get them back to a 15 yr. old game again? Another TLP ? No thx. Not with what I've seen since RF first opened. It has nothing to do with the people or the boxers. It's how DBG is handling this whole situation.

DBG needs to be clear with everything going forward. There is no need for LJ/RF to be the exact same servers with expansions a couple months apart. Pick one of them to be 3 month unlock the other can stay 6 month. Let us xfer one more time and be done with it. Clearly some people want faster and others slower.

As far as phinny goes its just a cash grab server as said before. If you think there isn't multiple people that have 30 computers setup and ready to go you are in denial. It will be the same as RF/LJ. Enjoy your classic box/no box server.

If you want to stay in classic/kunark/velious forever go play P99. Stop trying to bring that to the current TLP's
    Tuiv likes this.
  19. Tachyon Augur

I think most of us are actually playing on multiple servers, so this is really a non argument.
  20. jordune Augur

Personaly I'm glad the lot of ya are gone. So sick of hearing the anti boxer crap.. hope u have a wonderful time and please, don't come back.. we changed the locks.
    As for people driving the price for Kronos up, I freely admit I helped do that. I wanted them to get to 50k, and laughed my butt off when they got to 30k
    Serves ya right !!
    As for instance raids well, every server will have it soon. You're the 1st but won't be the last. Enjoy and remember... you get what you paid for