Boxing, Why?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by DreamTheory, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Roxas Journeyman

Would love to take a hammer to the PCs of boxers. :)
  2. Silv Augur

Would love to see Roshen take the ban hammer to your forum account.
  3. Grish Augur

Well the reason is pretty simple, Phinigel has the ruleset many people have been asking about for years. It has fairly quick progression and instanced content. It's got something for almost everyone. It just isn't a no box server. If the want that, they can keep asking for it.
  4. Tronk Augur

See, here is your dilemma. You want people to play with, you claim boxing is the devil that stops that. I don't want to play with people who think it's ok to threaten physical destruction of my property.

I don't need you to help me enjoy my play time, but you need me enough to want to destroy 5 of out of 6 of my computers. And, you do this in the name of being more social, I assume?

Please, I box to avoid people like you. It works really well, and destroying my personal belongings doesn't suddenly make us friends.

We used to call people with this issue Short Bus Stupid.
    Grish likes this.
  5. ID_EGO_SUPEREGO Augur

DBG, please institute a "Bot Bounty" program. For every bot account I turn in that is proven a bot, credit my account 1 Krono. For every bot account I report that isn't a bot, please suspend my account the same duration of time it took to investigate my claim.

Let the public help police their own with rewards and repercussions.
  6. Seraphim Augur

How can you catch bots when they will be in their own instance?
  7. Balaine New Member

i box so on those days where family issues means i will be going afk at a moments notice for X amounts of minutes i won't be disrupting a grp
  8. Bashiok Crownguard Augur

people disrupt groups literally all the time, and its not just Everquest but all modern mmo's (the top 3 anyway)

My main reason I started boxing was 2 mercs > 1 merc and low level combat compared to other RPG's is more immersive controlling two characters than cast level 1 agro spell and let tank merc kill while semi afk.
  9. Tinytinker Augur

I assume, Roxas, you are just trying to stir up trouble, because you go from hating on boxers in this to gloating about how you are going to be boxing six mages in other threads. You obviously are trying to pit boxers against anti-boxers and it makes me really dislike you.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/lockjaw-classes.222779/page-2#post-3248744
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/lockjaw-classes.222779/page-2#post-3249062

10. Roxas Journeyman

The day I start caring about what you think of me, I'll be sure to let you know. It sure isn't today. :D
  11. Vrael Lorekeeper

Someone ban this guys forum account please. People are still stupid enough to believe they dont leave a fingerprint.
    Tinytinker likes this.
  12. Zansobar Augur

I would say my favorite facet of the server is the instanced raiding, but second favorite is the limited boxing. I do wish they would go the P99 route and eliminate boxing altogether, it makes the server much more healthy. As for the unlocks, I wish they were longer, but at least I know how long I will be playing on this server and by the time I quit, due to reaching expansions that kill the gameplay for me, DBG will probably have launched another progression server for me to join.
  13. Tinytinker Augur

Please enlighten me how no boxing makes Project 1999 much more healthy. I played on P99, for awhile, and didn't find no boxing made people more social. Instead, I ran into players who turned me down for groups, because of hybrid xp penalties, or who would rather pay for a bard PL to get max level than group up.
    code-zero likes this.
  14. Grish Augur

Obviously that is your opinion and you have the right to think that but in reality, P99 does not have a healthy population and it's FREE. If DBG made these progression servers free, they would always have a healthy population regardless of the ruleset. The only issue I have with what you said is that eliminating boxing makes for a healthier server. I think that may be the case early on and you might be right. Unfortunately, each new expansion that opens, more and more people stop playing for one reason or another and once many of your friends and much of the community goes away, people start depending on their boxes to make well rounded groups. The server definitely stays healthier when people are allowed to 2 box and 3 box.

I'm not a big fan of 30 box crews and 18 box crews myself. But eliminating boxing altogether to solve the problems caused by some of the big box crews will actually harm the server's population over time, in my opinion.
  15. Roxas Journeyman

All the cry babies who get upset when you say some thing bad about boxing. Lol!
  16. Works Elder

So I have to ask: Do you actually have anything to contribute here or have you simply never gotten past that "Internet Troll" stage most of us left behind in our teens and early twenties? I suppose it's possible you are still just a kid, but I somehow doubt it.

Also, if you're actively trying to troll you really need to work on your technique. You're much more confusing than inciting at this point.
    Nolrog likes this.
  17. Jet-Li Lorekeeper

Not very inciting. Just bad. You should throw out some provocative words, like "Obamacare," and "school prayer" to drag everyone off topic, make some far fetched claims, and start arguing semantics. Threaten to train anyone who boxes, say you'll falsely report people for boxing, launch a few personal attacks, and there you go. You'll be on your way to raising that F to a D in the Art of Trolling 101.
  18. Vrael Lorekeeper

Nah, i dont care for boxing personally, its just clear your an idiot is all. Next time be a little bit more thorough before you say dumb while contradicting yourself.

Thanks.
    Grish likes this.
  19. Seaza New Member

ASL and r u hawt?
  20. Excuses New Member

Another whinging post about boxers.