If you want Phinny to be a success, increase the number of picks and limit once per zone in.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Iyvy, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Iyvy Augur

So, people will box less on Phinny. At least a bit less, there will still be some big boxers, but less. If you want to get the boxers who do play out of everyone's face, which you do if you want the casual and solo player to find camps and groups, you should reduce the number of people needed to spawn a pick, also when the server is restarted automatically open at least 50% of the picks which were open when it went down.

So if guk has 6 picks, server goes down, it comes up with at least 3. With more picks the boxers will be off in pick 9 out of our face...

Except they'll pick over. But we need to pick over I don't wanna walk my boxes through the whole zone because you didn't answer a CC. Okay fine. You can go to your camp, check who's there, and pick once. Then in order to pick again you have to zone out of the zone and back in. This stops boxers from camp hoping.

The main problem is one person can control multiple entire areas of multiple picks. Clear it super fast because it has a 30 minute spawn timer and you can clear it in 8. Then hop over and take another zone. Leave one toon in each camp to shout out it's camped and voila you get 3 Frenzy camps, or whatever.

So once you've picked in Lower guk, you have to zone out again to pick again. Now you can't hop into someone else's camp and steal their spawn. Boxers stay out of the way, everyone who needs a camp can get a camp. Those who don't want to box don't need to, we can group together, raid our own raids, and everyone is happy.

This is the single biggest quality of life improvement Phinny could receive to please every player. Instead of boxers and soloer/groupers constantly bickering and each other over, just go our separate ways. Camp our own zones.

If Daybreak wants to keep krono, keep subs, keep hardcores and casuals, this is the last step. Because the rest of the server rules are perfect.
  2. Korillo Augur

*camps out of game*, *logs back in*, *picks over*
  3. Iyvy Augur

You can store checks, that doesn't reset the pick timer any more does it?
  4. Korillo Augur

No but it would be the same as "zoning out and zoning back in"
  5. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

2 easy ways they can make the /pick function drama free:

1- Make you spawn at zone line after you /pick. You might have to run down the dungeon a couple of times to find your camp but eh. Doesn't take that long anyway.

2-Make you spawn out of mana and stamina with some kind of debuff similar to rez effects and poof pets after using /pick

Pretty simple fixes and I can't think of a way to go around them to farm multiple instances. I don't think this should be a priority though as the group content drama was not as present as people make it out to be in my experience.
    Crystilla likes this.
  6. Iyvy Augur

You have to zone into a zone that isn't the zone you /picked in.
  7. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

Bind in pick 1. Kill named there. /pick 2 Kill named there. Origin. Gate /pick 3 Kill named there.

Merely making people zone is not going to fix anything.
  8. Dersk Elder

That's not always an option.
  9. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

I understand that. There are other ways. Drown yourself and get rezzed for exemple.
  10. Krysanth Elder

No, nope.
  11. Haeldar New Member

Could also disable /follow on this one server. ;)
    Ltldogg likes this.
  12. Iyvy Augur

That would be a work around, you can't bind everywhere though, and this would only work once every 30 minutes. A good point though. Perhaps don't allow picking from zones you gated into.

Bugger all that though:

You get one "charge" of /pick when you zone into a zone through a zoneline (not gate or origin). Simple as that.
  13. Senen Journeyman

Why is this even a thing being a old school Hard Core player from day 1... played all the way through to GoD with Fires of Heaven. Why not just have it like it should be one version period, that's how we did it back in the day this easy mode multi-pull zone stuff doesn't belong in classic EQ. That's just my thoughts coming back to play after a 10+ year break now there has never been a need to dumb down EQ like this. What made it special was having to deal with limited resources in game. It's not like Guk is the only place for pre-kunark loot. It's bad enough that you don't have to worry about corpse retrieval the risk of dieing is pretty much gone why worry if your gear is never at risk exp can be remade easily that's just a time commitment. So much is going to be wrong with this, but all my Hardcore Friends have talked me into coming back for one more hoorah.. I just hope this doesn't put a stain on the great memories of old. Pulling most of the notable world first, playing 12 hours + a day, blocking other guilds from content for years... those were memories that I don't want to ruin because. The new improved classic EQ is sounding like its a dumbed down Classic Light version of what made this game great.
  14. Iyvy Augur

Because in classic most people never got to the king or the ghoul lord in guk. Getting that deep took a powerful succesful skilled dedicated group. Now I can get there alone and kill it alone as one enchanter. As such there needs to be multiple camps because everyone can easily get to the best camps.
  15. Tyraxor Augur

That would piss so many people off, it would be totally awesome.
  16. Ltldogg Augur

^This is why we need instancing. I have no problem with any guild being the first guild to do everything, but blocking content at all, let alone for years, is interfering with my game play experience and not fair.
  17. Senen Journeyman

I guess it depends on how many people will end up on the server back in the day we had something like 2k+. If we get close to that I will be amazed even then I expect most people with how easy the game has become will get to see the majority of the content. Even leveling is going to be a lot faster with hybrid/racial exp penalties removed. The loot carrot was always a big part of retaining players back then removing that makes me worry that if people just get in and get out. That the player base on the server will dwindle a lot faster ever since WoW there has been this theme once people get there loot they move on or stop playing.
  18. Senen Journeyman

I agree that it sucks Ltldogg I don't really care about instanced Raid content. I've seen it all obviously like a lot of people signing up for this journey. I always thought it was crappy back then for the people that weren't lucky enough to be in the top 2 guilds. I remember going all the way through to PoTime content and still having friends that were lucky if they could clear Kunark/Luclin raid content. We spent 6 days a week raiding back then and pretty much had every encounter on lock down. For several months I solo killed every over land dragon in Kunark/Luclin on my time geared Paladin. One night 4 am or so in the morning I hopped on to check on Talendor if I recall the dragon outside of Veeshans Peak. There was late night Asian guild back then prepping up 30 or so people to kill it and I ran by full buffed and soloed it as part of my rounds. Though I did give them some of the loot, the one thing I have missed since moving onto other Mmo's throughout the years is having your character become so powerfull. Every game pretty much resets your power every expansion, or levels you down when you go into old content. I also missed how you could have old items from early EQ still be viable in later expansions which helped make all that work not seem pointless.
  19. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Server will easily break 2k players without issue.
    If you are worried about your own memories, just don't play it's not the same EQ and good it's not most people who played are 30+ and have lives and just want to enjoy the good memories not the bad ones.
  20. Tronk Augur

Well, if key broadcasting isn't permitted, then the boxers have a harder time moving about between picks. But even if they still do, simply putting a person at the zone succor point after a /pick would be fine with me. A bit irritating, but the alternative we have today is more irritating.