Type 5 Augs Vendor

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nindienx, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Nindienx New Member

Cant remember his name, he is in the Plane of Tranduility there. How do you get him to sell you augs? when i click on him i get no options to buy anything.

Group armor guy will sell me items, and the weapons vendor will as well.

I have plenty of currency, level 105, and i believe i have Merc and Parts done for the 1st 2 zones, and some group missions.

I am wondering if its a faction thing or what?

Thanks.
  2. Kiillz Augur

check out Health as well there is a type 5 aug vendor there as well......
    Silv likes this.
  3. bbanz Elder

Also, I found that one of my chars is able to buy items from the PoT aug vendor but another cannot. Only diference I know of is raid achievements.
  4. Riou EQResource

I believe you need the first 3 tasks of the expansion to see the items
    Silv likes this.
  5. Jaerlyn Augur

Wilcher Rifunuse, the slot 5 aug vendor in PoTranq, requires at least more than the first 3 tasks to see the augs. Even with all quests and missions done, up to but not including CoSul (darn you, devourer of souls!) nothing is avail for purchase.
    Nindienx likes this.
  6. bbanz Elder

yeah, only on my character with raid kills does Rifunuse sell to me. Maybe he's the raid aug vendor?
  7. Nindienx New Member

The guy in Health wont offer anything either.

Could it be that you need a Raid kill for him, or either guy to sell you things? Man that would be wild, for group gear...

My freinds can see stuff on these guys, will ask what he has done, versus what i have done.

Thanks, 9.
  8. Axxius Augur

It's not the raids. My alts were able to see the augs on the vendor after a few quests in the Demiplanes, not sure how many.

But I couldn't see any of the [total garbage] offered by the Group Armor vendor in PoHealth, he kept saying that I'm not accomplished enough or w/e, until I got the Damsel of Decay mission done.

So that one requires either Hero or Savior achievements. And whoever called that broken mission a bottleneck was right after all: it blocks access to the [useless crap] sold on that vendor.
  9. segap Augur

But the armor drops so frequently, by the time you do all the merc and partisan (x6 for lesser spirit + named within), you'll have gotten all the drops anyhow. Your only issue will be having enough currency for all the type 5 and 9 augs to fit in all those drops.
  10. Axxius Augur

The dropped class armor is a lot better than what the group armor vendor sells too.
  11. Silv Augur

The armor vendor in PoHealth sells class specific armor (similar stats to the dropped stuff) that has a name based on the original class-specific armor from POHeate/Fear. Ex: Sells an Enchanter Inisidious Manacles (bracer). So far I only have 3 or 4 slots unlocked.

I'm not sure if some of the new Plane kills affect it or what. That would make sense given the name of the armor.

Edit:
    Character with all but 1 PoHate hunter, all group content, and Conqueror of Hate has boot/hand/bracer available from PoHealth armor vendor.

Character with all but 1 PoHate hunter, only merc/part for all zones, and conqueror of Hate has hand/bracer available.

Character with no hate hunter, only merc/part for all zones, and no conqueror of Hate has nothing available.

Edit2: And for comparison, the PoHealth vendor armor is almost identical to the dropped Crypt armor except it's missing the +1 heroic to some stats. It has higher base stats though (useless) and slightly different HP / Mana values.
  12. Axxius Augur

Except that it has a type 3 aug slot instead of type 9 on the dropped class armor. Which makes it a complete and utter garbage.
    Silv likes this.
  13. Silv Augur

Oh! Missed that part.

I guess this gem from the patch notes should have been extended to vendor armor:

All items that drop from scaling content in TBM zones should now have type 9 aug slots so they can be used by higher level players.

Guess Aristo completely forgot he even made these pieces :rolleyes:
  14. Axxius Augur

I don't understand why he spent time on making multiple separate sets of the base lv 75 items. The difference between them matters only at that lv 75. For the higher levels you aug them with the same type 5/9 augs, and the stats on those completely dwarf the base item's stats. The base items could have no stats at all, nobody cares about them.

And then there is this major design flaw with this whole type 9 aug concept: using the same aug to add stats to different armor slots makes all items virtually the same. For all intents and purposes, you are wearing 20 copies of the same aug with only minor lv 75 variances between them. They have some median value, resulting in the previously-major slots (like bp and legs) being too weak while the previously-minor slots (like wrists) are OP. But it kills variety and immersion.

To fix this flaw, they would need to split the existing type 9 augs into at least 3-4 different variations restricted by the slot (bp/legs, medium gear, small gear, jewerly). For each level range. Which is way too much work.

The type 9 concept looks like a failed design.
    Silv likes this.
  15. segap Augur

We complained the template system was boring. The new system has 5+ rings dropping all with essentially the same stats (hp/mana/en/ac might differ by 5). The only difference is the name and graphic. There is absolutely no reason to target any specific piece of loot in the group game other than type 3 augs. It's even more boring than before and much more complicated.

Not sure what design goal they had, but the effort really seems to have been wasted on creating something that is worse than before in the eyes of players. Guess it allows them to never create new base items and just add one set of type 5 and 9 augs going forward. No need to ever worry about itemization ever again. That's the only thing that makes any sense of this.
  16. Nindienx New Member

Whats these quests etc for the Plane of Hate? I dont see anything about them on EQ resource.

Thanks, 9.
  17. Riou EQResource

Plane of Hate and Plane of Fear are only a Quest in that they use your group quest slot to be able to zone in to. They have Named only no real Quests.
  18. Bareldi New Member

I have the opposite problem from the OP. My several toons can see the augments, but none can see the base armor itself.

My mage happily made a hat and gloves from dropped bits which each gave her about a 1200 mana boost over the highwater she was wearing, with a small loss of HP.

But then noticed that she lost Faerune on the hat, so I guess she will not use that. Could not immediately see how to fix that.

The highwater gloves had no focus to lose, so that's ok I guess.

When we first entered the expansion, (perhaps after doing the initial mirror tasks, I don't remember) we could all see the armor and augments in both PoT and PoH.

Then PoH stopped working, but could still see in PoT.

Now only augs in both places.

This is messed up.
  19. Qbert Gallifreyan

I can't keep all this straight, it's such a pain in the keister. Whatever slot the weapon damage augments are (6?): - I found the 1h knight damage augment but can't seem to find a 2h knight damage augment. Is there one just locked away somewhere that I can't see?
  20. Silv Augur

The 2h Knight damage aug was on the same vendor as all the others for me in PoHealth. I checked it on a character with only the first 3 progression tasks done and Health merc-part. I'd check again...