Phinigel transfers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Indore, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Indore Journeyman

Sorry if this has been asked in another thread (of the many that exist about Phinigel) but is there any speculation on when (or if) transfers will become available from LJ/RF to Phinigel?

Would it potentially be as early as March when Kunark unlocks for Phinny?
  2. derpinscotch Elder

Not an option right now, stated in the FAQ.
  3. Zhama Elder

There wont be. The servers economies are to different, and the earliest a theoretical merge would be would be in pop.
  4. Indore Journeyman

Well it specifically says "at this time" which I get obviously we are all starting at lvl 1. I just figured once the expansions matched then they would consider it.

But no eh?
  5. Celara New Member

match isn't sufficient, Phinny would have to be ahead of the other servers in order for transfers to occur
  6. Weverley Augur

I wouldn't expect any transfer to phinny before a very long time personally. I would just reroll character on Phinny if you feel more interested in it.
  7. Indore Journeyman

Gotcha...thanks all.

I planned to play on Phinny anyways I was just thinking/hoping I could bring my LJ toons over as soon as they were on the same content...which would be Kunark in March. As such my plan was to play different classes until then and then transfers my LJ toons over.
  8. Zublak Augur

The best case scenario is once Phinny gets 1 expansion ahead of LJ or RF is when they may allow it to happen. Sort of how RF and LJ work now. Phinny has to be ahead for this to happen, so keep that in mind.
  9. Indore Journeyman

Thanks Zublak
  10. Udun New Member

I'd bet they offer transfers when Phinny hits PoP or near the end of Phinny's Luclin time.
  11. Marthisdil Augur

technically, you're wrong. earliest a theoretical merge would be during kunark.

Remember, RF has Kunark until March. LJ has it until June. Phinny will get Kunark at the beginning of March.

So, technically, if they wanted to allow to phinny, it could be anytime after Kunark lands on it. They wouldn't allow it right away anyways...likely a month or so in to Kunark on Phinny, which would likely push it past RF getting Velious. So, ultimately, they would have to do it come Velious where RF and LJ would both be in expansion.

Who knows what they will do down the road.
  12. Dexar Elder

My guess is some time after Aug. 17, 2016 for Ragefire transfers. This assumes 6 month unlocks continue on RF. According to my math that's the date that Phinny gets Luclin. At that time RF should still be in Velious. Twelve weeks looks to me to come out as:

Classic 12/09/15
    Kunark 03/02/16
    Velious 05/25/16
    Luclin 08/17/16
    PoP 11/09/16
  13. Udun New Member

Hah, they could do a RF to Phinny transfer only, to make the LJ people pay for a move to RF and then pay for a move to Phinny :)
  14. Machail Journeyman

In PR terms "at this time" typically means it's not a consideration for the foreseeable future. "At this time" is often a disclaimer to imply that the statement may not always hold true, but is typically best viewed as a "no" until there is a major outcry or other notable variable for the service/option. And those variables--if existent at all--are almost always months to years away.
    Grish likes this.
  15. Zublak Augur

Considering it was said "no" multiple times to being able to instance the classic content among many other things we've seen change since these TLP's were released, that theory has no bearing.

Most likely it may happen, it's just a matter of when. And that won't be until Phinny surpasses the current TLP's in expansions. It's to early right now. And even if they knew and plan on opening up transfers at some point, they won't even hint at it until way later. It makes sense. If people knew for a fact it would happen, most would wait it out.
  16. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

And we need xfers why, exactly? If you want to play on phinny roll there. If not don't.
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  17. Nickatropolis Augur

A lot of people play this game for the social interaction and not for the gameplay itself... many are not interested in "starting over" or something.
  18. Zublak Augur

Here here. Another 3 months of Classic? No thanks. Another 3 months of Kunark and doing more Epics and VP keying etc..? No thanks again. The instancing would be pretty cool, but that's about it. Also, the true boxing is kinda meh these days. If transfers were to open one day and I found myself interested I may move a toon, but starting all over even only a few expansions in, no thanks.
  19. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

I don't see how one has anything to do with the other.

I was gone from the game, live at least, for a few years before rage/lockjaw, but did I miss a memo where it was established that once a player has levelled a toon on a server they are somehow entitled to take that toon to any other server?

There are few things more disruptive to server community than mass server xfers. Look at Lockjaw. I cancelled my accounts so fast after that debacle my desk got mouse burn.
  20. Zublak Augur

Sounds like a personal problem.