Key Ring suggestion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tobin, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Tobin Augur

Add a gather all button to look through the inventory and bank space to find all the mounts and illusions to add to the Key Rings.
    Fanra likes this.
  2. Nolrog Augur

That is not a bad idea at all.

There are also lots of other things they could create a keyring for, to help better manage those items.
    Tobin likes this.
  3. Tobin Augur

Thank you. I would like to see a familiar ring next. This way I could get the stats of the best one I own and have personal freedom to switch out different ones as my mood in game changes or display none if I want to lessen lag for a raid or such.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Savager Augur

Familiar key ring and Nimbus keyring
    Iila likes this.
  5. Lonye Augur

While I'd like a familiar and nimbus keyring, I don't want them touted as expansion or campaign features.
    Eanelder likes this.
  6. Repthor Augur

can we re organize the key rings to make the illusion tab the first one rather then mount ring. tried to mod it myself but the tabs are localy restricted and if you move them in a diffrent order the window bugs out. can you plz allow us to mod the ui peice so we can make it less bloated TY
    Khoza likes this.
  7. Nissassa Elder

A manikin for sets of armor ornaments, possibly placable in your house and the set can be placed in it like a box and display the armor you collected.
    Warpeace likes this.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Pretty sure we will end up seeing more keyrings... they have the process locked down so its an easy feature to add now.
  9. Eanelder Augur

Along the lines of key ring improvements ...

we currently have /keyring to open the key ring window, please extend this to allow for opening the window to a specific tab:
    • /keyring <tab identifier> .. ie nimbus, familar etc
    • /keyring mount
    • /keyring illusion
    extending that idea, please allow us to trigger these key ringed items from socials. for example
    • /keyring <tab identifier> <item identifier>
    • /keyring mount 1 (where an identifying column is added to the listing)
    • /keyring illusion 34 (where an identifying column is added to the listing)
    • /keyring nimbus 23 (where an a nimbus keyring and identifying column is added to the listing)
    • /keyring illusion Visage of Awesome
    • /keyring mount Fast Horse
    • /keyring familiar Ugly Dog
  10. Eanelder Augur

I like the idea, but you probably would have been better off posting a new topic since this seems unrelated to the original topic of key rings and will probably go unnoticed or derail this thread.
  11. Hiladdar Augur

On beta we were allowed to add illusions which did not have a buff associated with it on to the key ring. Those illusions can not be added to the key ring. Also, those mounts which do not have a buff associated with them can no longer be added to the key ring.

A great start would be to return that ability to the game. Gee, that might even tip a few avatars over the 10 illusion threshold and encourage them to spend some station cash.
  12. Brudal Augur

I'm still not having this issue, picked up a new non stat illusion last night and added it to my illusion key ring (the big box with the list of all your illusions above the buff illusion).
  13. Eanelder Augur

Make sure you drop the illusion to the LIST OF ITEMS, not the STAT ILLUSION box.

[IMG]
    Iila and Brudal like this.
  14. Tobin Augur

If DGB gives us a nimbus key ring I would like to see a check box next to each nimbus to cause that effect to auto cast on the toon. A command "/nimbus refresh" could then cast all the effects on the toon that were checked.
  15. Geri_Petrovna Augur

Stop suggesting ways that DB can waste their time, when they need to be fixing things that are broken first."

Or, the next patch will be "We added weird new keyring options, but type 5, and 9 augs still don't work in fingers, earrings, charm, range."
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Personally, I would like to see this added for the mounts and illusions as well. There are mount/illusion buffs which stack with other mount/illusion buffs (i.e. mount buff with mount buff/illusion buff with illusion buff). Now if the buffs don't stack then only the best one should stay as it currently would.
  17. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I'd like to see a setting for, "Do not show any nimbuses", because I find them very annoying when someone has them on.
  18. Kravitz Augur

I'd rather see an augmentation ring/tab that scans your inventory, bank, and housing, to keep better tabs on augments.
  19. Makavien Augur

You are doing it wrong do like Eanelder said. The only ones we can't add to the keyring are the ones that cycle through multiple illusions.

Look at how many I have added .

Maybe they need to add a label to the right of the top box that says drop non stat mounts and illusions up here .

[IMG]
  20. Tobin Augur

I guess you don't know how to manage a programming project.
    Some programmers work on different parts of the code - The idea that only one thing can be worked on at a time is wrong.
    The team does have bug coders and the team works on new things also it's not one person does all the work.

So, to all you out there who say don't suggest new things for the game - chill out - they are working to fix bugs but also improve the game at the same time.