Guild name reserved/still raiding for Phinigel? Bad news from DBG, you can't transfer it.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

First, this isn't a direct attack on any guild or players, this is pointing out what I (and I know numerous others) have experienced first hand trying to inquire about transferring one of my reserved names. Let's keep this one civil, and constructive, boys and girls.

I've been going back and forth with CS about transferring one of my guild names I have reserved, and their stance is they will not be assisting players in any way with the transfer of their guild names. For example, if I wanted to transfer one of my well known original guilds (Citizen/Modest Man), we would have to disband those guilds and wait for the erratic guild naming system to release the name.

Since the launch of Ragefire/Lockjaw, I've seen DBG create guilds for people, along with changing their guild names in real time upon request, but they refuse to do it for select guilds/people?

Why won't DBG transfer unique guild names?
  2. Lonye Augur

Customer Service is not consistent. Plain and simple.
    Simone likes this.
  3. Mwapo Augur

Blah blah blah, customer service issues contact us using the petition system, blah blah blah, locked.
  4. Silv Augur

If the people / guild have ever pissed off CS/a dev in the past you're basically blacklisted.

Example: Back in VOA beta someone in our guild had a lil b*fit at a dev and now we're banned from being invited to beta test raids with devs :)
  5. tcgrxs New Member

I already have both those guild names reserved is why.
  6. Choonk Lorekeeper

<Modest Citizen>
  7. tcgrxs New Member

<Quits Week 2>
    Tseroth likes this.
  8. Vaclav Augur

I take your <Modest Citizen> and raise you a <Citizen Man>
    Shadowslain likes this.
  9. Choonk Lorekeeper

I see whatcha did there :D
  10. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Yeah, this one is a bit odd.

When Ragefire launched, as part of beta testing, I made sure the guild management tool was functioning properly, which required me to make a guild. Daybreak refused to transfer my name to Ragefire - even though the Beta server access was stripped on launch and there was no way for me to manually release the name.

But I never had problems transferring guild names before that point and I know of at least one that was transferred to Ragefire.

As long as the Guild Leader account is the one contacting CS, this shouldn't be an issue.
    Simone likes this.
  11. Sequins New Member

Maybe they don't want to have to assist known customer service nightmares in poisoning a new server? I know Modest Man violating the old rotation caused the entire guild to be suspended at least once and you've really made quite a name for yourself on the boards. Why would they want to help you? Hopefully if you keep pestering them they'll give you an appropriate, well deserved one.
  12. Vaclav Augur

You can, but it'll take forever from my understanding Aneuren. As far as I'm aware though, parking it and then /guilddelete'ing opens it back up almost immediately though.
  13. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

It does not open it up immediately, unlike an actual ingame name. The guild naming system is very erratic and not reliable, as other leaders can I'm sure attest to.
  14. Nolrog Augur

Thank goodness you can't reuse Modest Man. Dima, pick something good this time.
    squidgod and Heartland like this.
  15. Vaclav Augur

Odd when I was playing with it, with my parked name and it seemed to open up pretty consistently about an hour after I deleted it. But only ran the test like three times across a couple days.

Small sample size though.
  16. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

...............Modern Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  17. Vaclav Augur

<Will Nolrog Approve>?
    Simone likes this.
  18. Actonup Elder

It was a issue for us after we reserved our guild on Lockjaw. I received the same response Dima did. And i know for a fact that people had there named taken care of by some one in customer support.
  19. frankie78227 Augur

Wow, DBG should just sell this feature.
  20. James Augur

it DOES work, I have done it several times since I have played the game, it usually takes 48'ish hours to purge from there system and then it frees up.

I Deleted a guild on Zek that I was place holding the name and 2 days later when RF released I reform it.