As many of us know

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Shebstaro-Swiftpaw, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Shebstaro-Swiftpaw New Member

People that Box kept this game going for years but with the last couple of expansions the price tag does not match the content of the expansions.

I as a player who has 5 accounts am sick to death of paying £30 for a expansion with very little new zones ect yes that's £30 x5 so I put forth this idea why not have a bit on the website where boxers can link there additional accounts onto there main account and have a Discounted price for the people that kept this game alive for years instead of punishing us with the prices we have to pay today. Even the broken mirror was supposed to be a Campain addon that was supposed to cost less than an expansion but it seemed to gain the expansion tag soon later so daybreak could charge double for it.

And now what do we have progression servers being opened that punish boxers yet again unless you have 6 comp setup.

So much for listening to your customers Daybreak just remember it was us Boxers that paid your wages for long enough.
  2. anvil Elder

first the new expansion is cheaper than in the past. only by $5 but still cheaper.

second with all the servers available to people to box on, why is letting the ones that dont like boxers have one server a bad thing?
    Elricvonclief and rune00 like this.
  3. Goranothos Augur

OP has a good idea. It would be nice for multiple account holders to get a discount.

As for boxing on TLP servers....I don't really understand that. I would think that if you play on a TLP server, especially one that is just starting out, you do so because you want to group with other players and experience that classic content like it was back then. If you just want to box classic/kunark/velious EQ, you can do that on any live server, for free.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

One server out of all of them is a no-box server. How this is "punishing" boxers is an amazing leap of logic.

Just like me saying the FV server is punishing all us raiders because they can trade no drop raid gear there. The answer is don't play on FV if you don't like it.

My answer to you is don't play on Phinigel if you want to box.
    Elricvonclief, Pirlo and Tarvas like this.
  5. Blankslate Elder

Phinigel is NOT a no box server. You can have as many accounts running that you want as long as they are on separate computers. Of course, illegal software is still illegal.
  6. Aghinem Augur

Yeah - its not going to take very long for the new server to get exploited and ruined as RF & LJ did. In fact, when Modest Man on the TLP forums stated they were retiring from LJ to move to the new server - that right there was a signal to me where I shouldn't go, given the many times I ran into major 6-12 mage bot crews with that guild tag.
  7. Battleaxe Augur

As many of us, who actually understand things know, Massively Multiplayer/3D 1st person PoV/D&D-like created the initial interest in this game.

As many of us know that while we might have all initially been able to play (a single character) all by our lonesomes killing Moss Snakes, Bats, and Rats just outside of our home cities, most classes have deficiencies that make them dependent on others for experience and better loot drops.

(AMOUK) Raids "made" EQ - not soloing Moss Snakes and not even taking on Orc1 in a well constructed group.)

AMOUK boxers evade much of the group content multi-player aspect of the game in effect paying to win so as not to have to deal with single account player disadvantage.

Had the original design team wanted Massively MultiToon rather than Massively MultiPlayer we would all be able to group multiple toons from a single account. EQ would be like Final Fantasy and we'd all be leading multitoon armies. But, they didn't do that. They created and we bought a multiplayer game.

"Punish boxers"....."Punish boxers" "Make boxing less attractive so that those who pay to win are less common on it." Fixed that for you.

However, Mr. EQ is a Boxing Game now/Single Account Owners Should just quit" has a point despite being blind to it:

1. Why would someone who boxes in order to enjoy Boxer's Advantage choose to play on this server? They wouldn't.

2. Why would a single account user who can enjoy single account user disadvantage on any server go there? Misery loves company? A deluded belief that groups will be common there? That they'll be more inclined to camp the item or do the quest I want with 5 others perhaps wanting to do something else? The problems of single account ownership that encouraged people to box will still be there.

I'm afraid that it takes more than is being done to make such a server popular. IMO it takes:
    1. Sufficient moloable content/genuine single player quests so you always have something to do when you log in even if you can't find a group.

2. The better group content drops always in instanced content with mercs not permitted. (Less extreme/probably more work - allow only 1 merc per group). Treat such content like mini-raids. Want the good stuff, play with others.
    Stewgottz likes this.
  8. strongbus Augur

If daybreak was listen to us there would have not been any new progression servers to begin with. They may be a quick short burst of cash income but they are a waste of time in the long run. The money spent on them could have been use better on making the new exp better or other areas of live servers.

I mean name one thing you can do on the progression servers you can't do on live......Oh ya there is nothing.

Ever progression server gets to a point where people get mad they are to far pass their fun exp and dies out.

As someone who has played this game sense just after kunark came out. There is nothing that was in the game then that is better then what is in it now.

Those who want the progression servers are those who want to play a easy mode game of eq(yes the game was much easy back then, then what it is now). If you want easy mode eq go play WOW or rift.
  9. Andronicus Elder

Are you just pretending to be dumb?

That new server is being opened up so that you can enjoy the thrills and excitement of old school boxing, where you need a computer for each account that you box! What joy!

Actually it's really being opened up for another reason, but I'm not going to tell you what it is.
  10. Aghinem Augur

[IMG]
  11. Roxxanna Augur

A lot of people simply don't want to group with others. I will group with people in my own guild, but I haven't the patience anymore to deal with random peoples bull-. One too many times I've been burnt by afkrs, loot wh@res, or my personal favorite, people who just throw their box alt in with you so you can drag them along while they play on their main toon somewhere else. On top of that, I have certain goals while in game, currently, I'm camping augs for my wizards. Anyone who's camped Murderers Heart or Splinter of Potency knows the pain I'm going through, and I'm doing it for 2 wizards. Who would really want to group with me for that horror.

I didn't like paying for the expansion for 3 accounts either, especially knowing that I'm really just getting a few useless AAs, and 1 useful spell.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Thash like this.
  12. icreepin New Member

i for one started playing EQ in 1999 and the only reason i didnt start on the day the game was released is because i had the flu so i waited a week.

after a while being a computer nerd with a network set up in my home i became a boxer my idea was if i box then i can level up and gear my main to the point that when i do raid i will really be effective.

and honestly boxers is what kept the game alive and kept the game going i for one remember exping for hours and days just to get 1 level and then the quest for spells and omg when the epic quest was started thats all someone did when they logged on to play.

honestly EQ has went way down i understand the developers goal to make money but when you look at when EQ was first released it took days and months of hard work and time to level up a toon and the best weapons in the game were epic weapons.

i remember when the first dragon was killed the look at the gear on the dragon after it fell was jaw dropping.

my honest thought is for the boxers there should be a discount in the 5 account ranger as in a discount for every 5 accounts that a person has. really when a person boxes normally its boxing a cleric a tank a slower to give your main toon a chance to do something.

while i cant speak for everyone but when i boxed i boxed my warr my sk a cleric and a shammie and with the exception of my epics and raids i didn't group with anyone but people in my guild. oh and when i raided i only raided with my sk or my war the shammie and cleric sat for the most part unless i was gonna help a guild member group and kill what ever for there epic.