Scam Alert: Consolidating the AA's and requiring The Broken Mirror

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Styles, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Styles Journeyman

So they have consolidated a lot of the AA's with recent patches, and well some of the ones that are level 85-100 to train that only required a previous expansion to own, now require The Broken Mirror. This is total bs.

Basically the AA's got ranks added to them either because they consolidated some of the "quickened" cast time AA to the old version and now some of the AA's require The Broken Mirror in order to train them.
  2. Prymal Journeyman

So AA's sold to us as part of previous expansions have been taken so we pay for them again?
    Wouldn't that be akin to purchasing a new car, the dealer taking it back, installing a new radio and then selling it back to us?

That would be against law regardless of any EULA which a court would see as 'contracting out' of established consumer law.

It's probably a bug. Have you tried spending points in the AA regardless of the 'Broken Mirror' text beside it?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Styles Journeyman

Yes I have. I'll give you an example, shaman Languid Bite aa.
  4. Pirlo Augur

5. Derd Augur

If you feel its a bug, vet forum isn't exactly the place to post it. But I cant help but say... breaking the law breaking the law..
  6. Mayfaire Augur

Wouldn't something like that require real money to be spent, rather than pixel game points (aa's)?
    complexication likes this.
  7. Styles Journeyman

People did spend money on buying previous expansions.....over the past 7 years worth of expansions (i'm guessing the statute of limitations is 7 years).
  8. Cicelee Augur

If you take DBG to court over this, please please PLEASE PLEASE record it and upload it to You Tube.

Please. Please. Please.
    Mayfaire, Silv, Pirlo and 1 other person like this.
  9. Nolrog Augur

Certainly couldn't be a bug now could it? And why bother listing the AAs that you think are a problem when you can just complain about them and threaten lawsuits instead of providing them the means to fix them.
  10. beryon Augur

11. Aghinem Augur

Scenario:

Styles & Prymal ( probably the same person ) sue Daybreak.

Daybreak invokes EULA #13:

WE PROVIDE THE DISC, THE SOFTWARE, THE ACCOUNT, THE GAME AND ALL OTHER SERVICES "AS IS." WE AND OUR SUPPLIERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Without limiting the foregoing, we do not ensure continuous, error-free, secure or virus-free operation of the Disc, the Software, the Game, your Account or continued operation or availability of any given server. Some states do not allow limitations as to how long an implied warranty lasts and/or exclusions or limitations of consequential damages, so the above limitations and/or exclusions of liability may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other legal rights which vary from state to state.

We are not liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes beyond our reasonable control. Further, we cannot and do not promise or ensure that you will be able to access your Account whenever you want, and there may be extended periods of time when you cannot access your Account.

Court throws out case.

Styles & Prymal ( probably the same person ) starts a new thread on how courts cater to the rich fat cats and go on about corruption.

Roshen locks thread.
  12. Matari Augur

I would be careful. MMO EULAs have not had the best showing in court and typically not worth the paper it's printed on. I am not here to support the stupidity of this thread. If DayBroke games did this, then shame on them. However, it's not a matter for the courts.
  13. Scila Augur

so i logged my shammy in to see whats up ... lvl 94 nowhere max aa's languid aa 12/21 ... darkened sea... my recommendation /bug your shammy with what you see
  14. Viper1 Augur

Just buy the new expac and be done with it, you cheapskates!
  15. shadowgod Augur

lol some people.

WOW has been doing this for years they revamp classes and remove abilities you had previously no one has sued them over it.

Get over yourself bunch of entitled people in this world. You pay to have access to the game they have the right to change that game as they like.
  16. McDougal Augur

Don't forget that 25% Station Cash discount!
  17. Tobin Augur

As you know - Talking in this forum about suing DBG is against forum rules - if you have a problem with the company email direct and if it is a bug let them know in a /bug report and pm on this forum - NOT in public - it is in bad taste and this thread should be locked
    Scila and Silv like this.
  18. Nolrog Augur

They also nerf the XP in the older zones to force you into the newer zones as fast as possible. Then again, the first zone in the next expansion is typically such a huge gear upgrade from the previous one, it makes no sense to stay there anyway.
  19. Mayfaire Augur

My point was, you did not specifically pay money to buy those aa's. You paid money to buy the expansion (and some ppl don't even do that, they just wait 2 expansions to get it free). When you agree to the Eula, you agree to verbiage that basically states this is their game, they are allowing you to play it, and they can make any changes they want to it.
    Silv likes this.
  20. Silv Augur

This is the bottom line.

Trying to argue you have cause to sue them because they change something is as ridiculous as saying I'm going to sue DBG b/c they fixed a 'sploit that was "beneficial" to playing the game.
    Scila and Mayfaire like this.