Phinigel 2.0

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AlmarsGuides, Nov 25, 2015.

1. AlmarsGuides Augur

Every progression server they always say they aren't doing a second

Every progression server they always do a second.

So, I created this thread for 3 different reasons. The first of course is to be flamed and trolled by our delightful community.

The second is to get name ideas for the possible second server, or to see what names people like.

The third is to ask for the new server to be instanced raids without the super annoying, horrible boxing restrictions. The last option isn't just in place for me, a lot of people like the instanced raids idea but dislike the boxing restriction idea. I totally obviously hate the boxing restriction despite still being able to 11 box on Phinny.

Flame on!
  2. your bro joe New Member

I like the restrictions. Flame on!
  3. AlmarsGuides Augur

A server for both of us, we're both happy brother joe!
  4. your bro joe New Member

For sure. The new server could be called "mage rage". Lol. Nah but at first I was like shoot no taxi or buff bots without a 2nd comp but I honestly think I'll have more of the experience I'm looking for rolling 1 account. Also hoping most do the same on phinny so we have to rely on each other more to get the job done. Came back after years when the game became f2p and 3 boxed everything I couldn't do when the game was live but it was like being the last man on earth. Hoping the restrictions will at least make it so every single player doesn't have 2 tools on auto follow ignoring the rest of the world. Really don't care about 1 person raids at all.
  5. AlmarsGuides Augur

Almost every boxer I know plans to play on phinny for the early krono rush and to box instanced raids to sell the raid loot.

That's the primary reason my desire to play there is extremely low. I wouldn't have fun without being able to box the way ive boxed for years so I would only play there for Kronos. At least 90% of the boxers who kill raid bosses on RF/LJ I have spoken to are going to be playing on phinny. With all that competition I think I will pass on the Krono rush.
  6. sugi Lorekeeper

Almars,

Once people find something to complain on phinny (eg krono, faster boss respawn, etc, etc)

DBG will use it to release another new server. Because quick easy instant profit of a new server is far more important than current server.
    It's where all the money is at

They are trying desperately to stay afloat.
    It's somewhat upsetting to see DBG running Everquest run like this.

a visual aid below
    [IMG]
    Just like Sega Genesis

EQ is on life support
    they need gimmick to stay alive
  7. Elkay Augur

I would be highly surprised if they didn't have the instanced raid loot be no-drop versions. Krono farmers could still carry people through their instances, I suppose.
  8. Vaclav Augur

Phin 2.0 if it happens seems destined to be Coirnav. Not many other names evoke an image similar to Phin without flipping to race/location names.
  9. AlmarsGuides Augur

That'd require extra work/coding =P
    Elkay likes this.
  10. Ello-prexus Journeyman

I honestly don't think there's a population base that could support it. but we'll see I guess
  11. Finley Augur

I don't want the boxing restriction but don't particularly care about it either way. A second server should be named Estrella or Master Yael.
  12. Boognishe New Member

the ghoul arch magus..
    Dojii likes this.
  13. Elkay Augur

Stop making sense!
  14. Tris Augur

servername "Captain Rottgrime"
    unofficiallly "the player friendly server, that allows boxing"
  15. Bobbydomino Elder

What do you guys do, buy 20 years worth of Krono? I just returned so I didn't know about them. Seems kind of futile unless you plan on selling them for $ which you aren't supposed to.

Thanks for the guides by the way.
  16. Weverley Augur

Some of the items they farm sells in krono so in 1 day they have enough krono to buy 1 month for each account .On a good day they probably have enough krono for 2 months even if they have like 30 box army. Of course it's gonna be more difficult to set up 30 different computers or laptops so if i were to guess they gonna try first if they can cheat the system by playing more then 1 account from same computer.We gonna know very quickly how full proof daybreak detection system is.If you see a bunch of characters on follow that would mean they either are using that many computers or they found a way of using an automated software to control all of them with a single stroke.If i was daybreak if i see 10 or more pc using same ip address i would raise a red flag right away and investigate it.
  17. Kolani Augur

Considering the attitude of people who just paid $35 for a completely broken expansion toward the quick announcement of Phinny, extra coding needs to be kept at an absolute minimum for Phinny. Jen needs to be told by someone in management to not even work on it off the clock like she did with the Ragefire queue.
    Silv likes this.
  18. AlmarsGuides Augur

I will straight up give you 200 kronos if you tell me what to farm that makes me 60 kronos a day
  19. Finley Augur

Don't farm, that's for chumps. Promise the secret to 60 Krono a day to 10 other people at the price of 200 Krono. Its guaranteed to work (Not a pyramid scheme, its a reverse funnel system). Please parcel the first 200 Krono to Finley on Ragefire.
  20. Marthisdil Augur

They'll add instancing to the merged RF/LJ server right before velious because the pop sucks.