Why are people so insistent on boxing?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vontod, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Banai Augur

You were complaining about being forced to move because of a dead server. Look in the mirror because you are one of the ones that caused it. I get that people enjoy boxxing but you essentially killed the server and now want to come to the forums and complain that people got another server since you put in so much work (sarcasm).

If you don't want to move, don't. RF won't be dead and there will still be people playing there. Hell if RF dies then maybe it would be worth it for me to continue playing there. The whole issue most of us had was you tools and the 18 box armies perma controlling everything and RMTing the krono to pay for your basement. You want things to last ... don't break em
    frankie78227, Friday and Devante like this.
  2. Banai Augur

Actually I have no issues with boxxers. I 2-3 box as well. But I will never 18 box a mage army and control raid mobs from a guild. I wouldn't even 6 box because you don't even need it. You can 3 man any group content in this game. If you need a raid, join a guild and make one. There is zero reason to have anything bigger than a 3 box (ok maybe 4 on the bazaar opens up)
  3. Vazuvius Augur

I don't think people are insistent on boxing, I think they are insistent on getting any advantage they can. And being able to farm and xp without splitting loot or worrying about people leaving or getting you killed does exactly that.
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Never understood why people come to a "Massively multiplayer online role-playing game"
    Just to solo their way through it in their own little box group.

Why not just load up a single player game and enjoy. Why not instead start a new genre called "Massively boxed online role-playing by myself game"

Boggles the mind.
    nerdvsgeek likes this.
  5. squidgod Augur

Because it's a pay to win mechanic that doesn't get all the hate that traditional P2W does, so people don't feel as bad about doing it.
  6. Nolrog Augur

For many people, you answered your own question.

7. Vontod Augur

True. I guess I was thinking of this server of more of a "place to play one character" instead of a "instanced raid/set unlock time" server. I definitely see the appeal of the latter type.
  8. Skipper Augur

Why do you care?

You aren't even 60?
  9. Ello-prexus Journeyman

currently hour 2 of lfg... the appeal of boxing a warrior is strong atm
  10. Banai Augur

There is a LFG tool, instead of looking why not be the proactive one and put one together? Never understood why people sat there looking instead of making one
  11. Vaclav Augur

Best method in boxing (and my personal method) is to have a box available to get things rolling quick, but then dropping it the minute a human is available.

Especially on raids.
  12. Vontod Augur

Because I wanted to hear other people's rational. Don't need to be at cap for that.
  13. Vontod Augur

I wish more people were like you.
  14. Thegoat Elder

Because I play 2 characters better than you play 1.
    Reht likes this.
  15. Tronk Augur

What boggles the mind is people who think that a massively multiplayer game has a requirement to play with all people online at all times. It's multiplayer, but most people stick to their own little groups. It's exactly the same as saying that mass transit requires that you talk to everyone at all times. The service is there, you pay to use it, but there isn't a requirement to socialize on a massive scale.

Of course, you also have some extreme points of view on everything, such as boxing, so it is no surprise.

How about you go play YOUR game YOUR way, and leave the rest of us alone. You know, good social manners and all, blah blah blah.
  16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I am going to play my game on the new TLP, why don't you stick to RJ / LJ and I'll keep spending krono's to make sure they are on a 6 month track just for kicks. :D
  17. murphys New Member

boxing on one pc would never be an issue if the original company didnt allow people to use a 3rd party program ;/ sure u can load 18 24 72 toons on with no isbox ,but lets see u move them, sit them, and cast/melee around :) alt tab with more then 5 toons is umm brutal :D
    Imdead likes this.
  18. Terethian Elder

Once people start boxing more than 3 characters it begins to hurt the play style and fun factor of the game. This server will have people 6+ boxing using multiple pc's, I love how they show us the picture as if it's such a deterrent, which it is not. The server will make money for a little while and eventually die when people realize how many people are still playing 6+ toons.
  19. murphys New Member

6 pc's for 6 toons is like playing the piano,most cant, few can
  20. Stewgottz Augur

I see the biggest plummet coming when players realize they won't catch up to the speed of the server without contesting mobs and playing large amounts of time like the top guild(s) will be doing. Lets put it at Luclin in six months ?