TLP 4.0 AKA Phinny Needs A Raid Instanced Version of PoSky

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nostra, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Nostra Lorekeeper

Or Things will go to Sh*T Real Fast
  2. Jaime Lannister Augur

I agree with this. If you are going to instance, do it for all raid content. Sky has the best items in classic.
  3. Vaclav Augur

Eh, Sky spawns quick enough I'm sure arrangements could be made between guilds. Instancing would be better of course, but its the only thing in Classic that should even be a consideration for skipping.
  4. Banai Augur

Arrangements could be made. But as shown on prior servers, they will not get stuck to. Especially if some of the top end poop sockers (you know who you are) do in fact plan to roll there. As I said in another post, some people just enjoy blocking the rest of the server which is why they bounce from server to server.
  5. TrinculoDarkblood Journeyman

Sky with lockouts would be great. It's mostly a boring zone because of the farm mechanics for it. It would mean less loot, but it would be a lot less soul-crushing if you couldn't farm it as much.
  6. Nolrog Augur

This wasn't something that could have been discussed in the existing thread?
  7. Nostra Lorekeeper

It probably was but I wanted to bring this to the forefront especially after the way TL/FI Dominated Efreeti Cycle Spawns its very big deal
  8. Lejaun Augur

Of course arrangements could be made between guilds. Perhaps a council to focus on non-enforced by DBG raids? That's worked well in the past...
  9. Roshen Brand Manager

We have a plan for Plane of Sky, and there will be raid instanced content for this on Phinigel.

No need to create another thread for each boss/raid zone. As I called out in the big thread, we'll be working on an FAQ for raid instancing on Phinigel. It's unlikely this FAQ will be done before the Thanksgiving holiday, but it's on my 'to do' list!

Feel free to keep the questions coming though!
    Dojii and Elkay like this.
  10. Finley Augur

Thanks for the response Roshen!
  11. Ducreux Augur

[IMG]

Edit: I DO think this is a good idea, even though Sky has a very quick repop. My only issue is that now the precedent has been set that an entire raid "zone" is viable for instancing so if DBG fails to follow through on this going forward in other xpacs there could be some rioting.
    Kragin likes this.
  12. Lejaun Augur

Fishing grubs are cheaper.
  13. Machen New Member

What will the raid dz's be capped at? 54 man or 72? Something else?

Looking to start doing some recruiting and it would be helpful to know what to target.

Also, once we hit PoP and already existing instances, will the lockouts be the same as what they are currently on other servers, or will they be changed to 6.5 days also?
  14. Elkay Augur

By the time PoP hits, they'll need a solution for raid encounters in "normal" zones anyway since most of the encounters in this expansion reside in group XP zones.
  15. Dojii Augur

PEACE FORMOSA MY FRIENDS FROM ASIA!!! Will be grinding SKY!
    Zargonza likes this.
  16. Silv Augur

They will riot in the streets regardless :rolleyes:. *Someone* will find a way to have a B*fit about everything and anything.
    Tronk likes this.
  17. Heartland Augur

There will be plenty of raid targets for everyone at this stage, so there is no need to instance anything more in PoP since potime is already instanced.
  18. Elkay Augur

Still too easy for guilds to "male-rooster"-block other guilds until you can hit PoTime. The reason we are where we are with needing instanced raid zones is because people have proven they won't share without being required to. With a 90 day release schedule and having so many key requirements dependent on each other will mean missing a key kill for even a week becomes an exponential domino effect of awfulness for progression through the PoP expansion.
  19. Banai Augur

Unless you plan to constantly key new people every week then there really shouldn't be an issue. IIRC PoP targets flag everyone involved for the kill which is all you need to progress the keyline. So if you have the same raid group each week it would take you like 1-2 weeks to get time keyed depending on how much and how often you raid.

The worse keys would be VT imo
  20. Elkay Augur

The flag is raid-wide, yes, and on my old server we used to have agreements between guilds to allow members to cross over for certain encounters to get a missing back-flag. I'm skeptical that we'd reach the same agreements now.

Also, as I stated, with raid content being the majority of this expansion, and with only 90 days to complete it, a lot of people are just going to be "standing around" waiting for flag kills to be up. Tier 1 is going to be incredibly congested for the first month or more. Don't forget, the flag kills also (mostly) drop gear which will be necessary for Tier 4 kills, so they'll be insta-killed more than just for flagging. With one batphone guild having the ability to completely block the rest of the server from progressing at all, we're back to square one.

Avoiding blocked content is one of the major draws for this server. I'm just expressing my concern now. The writing is on the wall. DBG has time to think about it and implement something before then.