Please reconsider raid instancing on Lockjaw or Ragefire

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tinytinker, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Tinytinker Augur

I really wish you would consider doing raid instancing on Lockjaw or Ragefire. You say that it's not even in consideration, because it would cause huge changes to those servers, and yet you have already implemented things (beefed up raid mobs, /pick instances) that have a big impact on game play.

I don't see how raid instancing will be a bad thing. The hardcore guilds will still have a chance to compete, racing for open world spawns, and the casuals will be able to get some raiding in, without being batphoned at 3:00 a.m. in the morning. Some people don't want to move over to the new server, because they are already invested in their characters on LJ and Ragefire, and have made friendships.

As managers, you know how important it is to have good relations with the players.

If you are dead set against instancing on LJ and Ragefire, so be it, but reaching out to subscribers, asking them how they feel about instancing, would show a willingness on management's part to engage with the community. It would also show concern and care, an interest in your valued customers' feedback.

Please consider.
    Kevron, Vonsid and Kegwell like this.
  2. Kegwell Lurker since '99

Instancing RF / LJ will affect the server in ONLY a positive way.
    Simone likes this.
  3. Kevron Journeyman

I'm hoping that the reason they keep saying there are no plans to add instancing to LJ/RF is that they're still working on it and don't want to promise anything too soon. Adding this feature to these servers is common sense and shouldn't be something paying customers have to fight for.
  4. Banai Augur

It was said up front that it wouldn't be on these servers. Hence the reason that thousands bailed on those 2 servers when they saw how bad it was. Now they are doing what they should have done in the first place.

Either chalk up the loss and reroll or deal with the things as they have been. They have said they are not changing RF/LJ so hoping for it to change it wasted breath. I honestly can't wait to reroll and avoid the BS
    Devante likes this.
  5. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Daybreak has no desire to value their consumer's feedback.

We have been asking for this since before Ragefire went into beta. It has no meaningful impact on any guilds that will still want to compete for open world spawns, excepting that competition will be even better because the gear discrepancies will be smaller. There is absolutely no reason to not instance raid content on Lockjaw and Ragefire - they have already done plenty of things on these servers they said they wouldn't do. The difference here is this change wouldn't impact the players who claim to hate the idea and can simply choose not to use it.
    Kegwell likes this.
  6. Kegwell Lurker since '99

The ONLY thing adding instancing to RF / LJ will do is make it so the people that enjoy dominating content, won't have anyone to dominate.
    HOW IS THIS A BAD THING FOR EQ OR ANYONE?
  7. Tinytinker Augur

Their minds may be made up, but I still consider it worth while to speak out. I've PMed Holly about my concerns and I'll probably Tweet her later, too..
  8. Raynard Augur

I agree with all of this, but the anti-instancing crowd won the day when these servers launched, you can't pull the rug out from under them now...

New server, new rules, just come to Phinny when it hits the expansion you want to play.
  9. Makelite Augur

I don't disagree that it won't hurt the servers but so many were so vocal about "competition" and the spirit of EQ, now they get what they want and everyone else will have the options of instances. It will tell who the real dedicated players are I guess.
  10. Mwapo Augur

Honestly, I'm against instancing, but it's likely the only way the servers will survive.

I would be survive if they implemented instancing on ragefire. But they won't because they want people to flock to the new server and spend dgb dollars there. Ragefire and Lockjaw won't survive this mess and a server without any boxing doesn't have the longevity to survive. Clearly a cash grab.

I don't know why I need to buy another computer to play two accounts when I have a perfectly good one that can handle 18+ already.

Honestly I think Ragefire would be the MUCH more successful server if it was given the ruleset of this new server without any of the boxing restrictions. But that'd ruin their new server, so they won't do that.

They basically made the most balanced ruleset they've ever had and then guaranteed that they won't be able to sustain long term due to the lack of boxing. Only have an hour to play? Good luck finding a group? Oh you are a necro and can solo? You and 90% of the server.
  11. Risiko Augur

This is precisely why I play more than one game on a regular basis.

When I only have an hour to play, I load up something like WoW, Diablo 3, SC2 or Sim City.

When I have more than an hour to play, I load up Everquest.

Options. It's what makes life fun.
  12. Mwapo Augur

But why not have the option to play EQ during that hour too? Seems like it would be beneficial to them to give me that option as well. *shrug*

Doesn't really matter, we won't see it happen on Ragefire until long after the server has died and it's too late to salvage.
  13. Kevron Journeyman

Rerolling is not an option for some of us due to the boxing ruleset of the new server. Others would say that the 90-day unlock cycle would be a dealbreaker since they want slower pacing.

We have relationships with our characters and guildmates. These shouldn't have to be thrown away just to experience the new normal of raid instancing on TLP.
    Lanadorm likes this.
  14. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Common sense, something some people never learn.
    Good post.
  15. Jaime Lannister Augur

They are making an entire server for the people who want instancing. How is that not enough? You even have a sweet 90 day unlock no vote expansion process.

Some of us like no instancing, let us have our server please.
  16. Tinytinker Augur

I guess we should all cram Misty Thicket picnics into our faces and stuff it?

It's funny how some of the people who are going to be playing on Phinny are acting so outraged that players are asking if they can get instancing, too. A few months ago, I recall you were the ones asking for a no boxing server etc.

Well, I plan on playing on all THREE servers and I'm hoping for quality of life enhancements for people across the board.
  17. Tinytinker Augur

I'd love to know how instancing will impact your game play, Jaime. You'll still have open zone raid mobs to race after, server firsts to get, and keys to camp. Plenty of competition. I imagine TL will be the first to wake the Sleeper on Ragefire will be way ahead of everyone else in getting into Vex Thal, because your guild is so competitive.

And as hardcore raiders burn out, won't you want an active server so you can constantly recruit?
  18. Finchy Augur

you realize this just will not happen, right? Let me explain why.

First, they said from the beginning they had no plans to do this. After they spent some time seeing just how many people wanted instanced raiding they began to work on it. While they were working on it, someone opened their mouth to calm the customers down and mentioned a new NO BOX/NO BOT server will come without thinking about what that really meant. Shortly afterwards, DBG realized they could in fact put in instanced raiding, and since someone already told their customers they would open a new server, they decided to added instanced raiding to it.

Now that they committed the time and effort to make the new server with "classic boxing" instead of no box/no bot, they needed something else to spice it up, how about raid instancing?!? So now that they have given this new server the latest and greatest, if they were to implement this into RF and LJ a lot of people wouldn't move to the new server since RF and LJ would be a lot better off and people wouldn't have to start over. The time and effort and money spent on the new server would be wasted.

This is why RF and LJ won't see instanced raiding. By the time the "newness" of the new server wore off it would be pointless to spend the time adding raid instancing to RF and LJ.
    Devante likes this.
  19. Tinytinker Augur

Never hurts to ask for something, even if the outcome ends up being no? /shrugs People got / pick instances, more efficient log ins, etc. by asking for quality of life enhancements. So, I guess I don't see any harm in asking them to consider instancing.
  20. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I will remain hopeful. There is simply no better way of resolving in-game disputes over contested content than offering side-by-side instanced content with open-world content. Nobody has ever been able to dispute that people who want competition can still go after open-world targets if simultaneous instanced content were offered on these servers. Or are you telling me that on two servers with massively large 1st place guilds with members that "crave competition," there aren't enough people that would compete because they wish to do so?

Instancing - if you don't like it, don't use it. I will also assume you have never pick-zoned to find an open camp or farm more than one named spawn. If all you want is competition, go for it - instances do not have the capability to stop you.

But for those of us that, since before beta, have explained the importance at being able to raid at set times and to avoid being subjected to certain styles of game play, instancing is a no-brainer. 6.5 days is a bit too long, should really adjust to 5.5 days - shouldn't really cause the sky to fall if this were done.