Ease of Access Maps

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

This came up in the Beta Maps thread. A person with a disability which forces them to use a larger monitor on a high resolution and sit further away has trouble seeing the lines of maps in the map window.

I was thinking that this is something that could be solved by adding a thickness modifier to the lines; ideally in both the map window as well as the maps themselves. Having a thickness modifier added to the line info of the maps themselves would provide map makers a way to further differentiate and highlight places in their maps. While the thickness modifier in the map window itself would increase the thickness of all lines in the map by a set % so that it is visible to the user. Not sure how much work this would entail, but I think at the very least that the change to the map window itself might be worth looking into seeing if it is doable.
    Silv and Krowbar like this.
  2. Krowbar Apprentice

I like this idea. To add to this, the ability to fill in areas would be very helpful for contrast and readability. Maybe something like a fill tool. I understand how maps are made and read by EQ, so maybe instead of points, we could also define shapes like square, circle, etc. This would greatly increase map readability and make them 'pretty'.