Rogue Raid DPS

Discussion in 'Melee' started by EqEqEq, Nov 6, 2015.

1. EqEqEq Elder

I would greatly appreciate if someone tell me where they stand in current content and predictions for the new exp. If fear of flame please PM me. I'm thinking about lvling my rogue, but if my dps is not even close to caster for raids I rather not even bother.

Thank you in advance.
  2. Dropfast Augur

I'd say a properly played Rogue are the best melee dps atm. I don't see that changing either really considering they just stole yet another disc from monks (Speed). I know monks are getting the shaft yet again on any substantial upgrades while rogues get something nice every expansion. I'm not sure on Zerkers. But this is just one man's opinion, I'm sure I'll get flamed for it ;) But that's how I see it.
  3. Brohg Augur

Somethingsomething staffblock/mend… positioning… I dunno.
  4. ~Mills~ Augur

I am pretty sure Dzarn fixed some bug related to seized opp. that was preventing it from working properly in regards to double and triple bs rates from the front. TBD if this negates positioning being a factor at all for rogues now. Not sure if this fix makes bs from the front work exactly like from the back or if it just gets it so much closer that the difference is negligible except for min/max concerns like 95% the damage from front or 100% from the back.

Rogues and Wizards appear to be gaining the most from TBM so far.
  5. Brohg Augur

It doesn't negate that factor. Rogues are unique among melee not having full Strikethrough from AA+gear. Rogue cap out at 86%, so 14% of mob parry/block/etc will still work

Pet classes will remain the most effected by mob positioning. Pets cap at 35% strikethrough (just the worn from their focus cloak), so mob parry/dodge reduces their dps quite a bit. Main pets can be Companion's Relocated. Swarm pets not so much.
    menown and Sancus like this.
  6. Zarakii Augur

there also getting a version of speed now? 8 min reuse decent disc wasnt enough for there sustained? smh

found out its on the same timer as rogues TC with 8 min reuse but wow talk about a big F you monks right there since the one new aa we would have gotten in tbm was so broken instead of fixing it they completely removed it so we dont get any new aa
  7. dwish Augur

Rogues are easily the best melee DPS at the moment, and its really not even close (on both burn and sustained). That said, my guild tends to never have any exceptional zerkers, so I can't really say how close they are to rogues.
  8. Zarakii Augur

zerks can still beat out the same play style rogue on burn events but its a lot more tricky and hard to pull off thats what turns people off from the zerk class. i would say rogues are the most well rounded but remember without a mobs back end at all times any melee dps class can beat you so that could be a hassle
  9. Jazya Elder

Wow I guess you don't know about the 15-year-old Rogue HHE disc: Blinding Speed Discipline

Plus there's Rogue's Fury for an AA version that's req 75 (also not new)

Not to mention Etherium Blades which functions like your Fists of Steel. We got that in VoA.
  10. Zarakii Augur

speed isnt simply HH regardless i talked to a rogue in my guild and he told me it will never be used being on the same timer of TC with an 8 min reuse and that new disc being 20 min reuse

sorry i didnt mean to get this off topic just caught me off guard knowing how shaft monks get in tbm it wasnt my intention to derail it and from my last post i posted something constructive
  11. EqEqEq Elder

Thank you for the input. How are they compared to Wizards dps?
  12. Zarakii Augur

perfect adps and timing compared to wizards is hard to say i could see close but wizards take the cake on all content still both sustained and burst

my best advice... just say no to wiz =P
  13. ~Mills~ Augur

Have to play what you like but between a rogue and wizard a wizard is better in any situation except ae friendly stuff that can be burned. Wizard > then everyone except necromancers on longer fights and the gap seems to be growing based on beta.
  14. Gumby Augur

As long as you don't have some kind of epiphany that you want to be a Monk, then you should be just fine in the DPS department.

Rogue will be just fine and parses very well. The only Monks left standing are people that have played them for a long time and too attached.

So just avoid that... and you'll be golden.
  15. Zarakii Augur

I disagree by a long shot but this isnt about my class =P played zerk for 7 years doing great on the monk just needed a change of pace i just refuse to ever go caster haha
  16. Kaliko Augur

Rogues are in a great spot right now, however if you can't have a mobs back it's a huge loss in DPS. They have some of the shortest reuse burns for melee and sustained and also some of the best. Along with great aggro control/decreasing abilities.
    Nissassa likes this.