Kunark Completed on Lockjaw - Fastest Ever

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gucci, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Gucci New Member

As of tonight <Faceless Insanity> has completed the Ruins of Kunark raid progression and unlocked the Velious launch timer for Lockjaw.

This was done in an unprecedented 5 Days, 9 Hours, 20 Minutes and 32 Seconds making it the fastest Kunark completion ever. Here's a recap of the server first systemwide messages.

[Mon Nov 02 14:38:56 2015] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:The barrier to the Ruins of Kunark has been breached. Make haste, many new and exciting adventures await you in these foreign lands!

[Mon Nov 02 14:51:01 2015] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>: Severilous has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Seomen along with everyone else who participated in this achievement!

[Mon Nov 02 18:07:23 2015] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>: Venril Sathir has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Zaide along with everyone else who participated in this achievement!

[Mon Nov 02 21:11:07 2015] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>: Trakanon has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Nazz along with everyone else who participated in this achievement!

[Wed Nov 04 20:44:21 2015] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>: Talendor has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Band along with everyone else who participated in this achievement!

[Wed Nov 04 21:17:11 2015] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>: Gorenaire has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Band along with everyone else who participated in this achievement!

[Sat Nov 07 23:59:28 2015] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>: Phara Dar has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Zaide along with everyone else who participated in this achievement!

[Sat Nov 07 23:59:50 2015] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:The barrier to new lands is weakening. New adventures await you when the barrier to the Scars of Velious finally falls.

Congratulations to you crazy folks. Hope it was fun, now enjoy having nothing new for another six months!
  2. Silinius Augur

Must....get.....sleep...
  3. Elor Elder

no hate?

no flaming?

oh wait its Sunday morning everyone watching football. GO broncos!!
  4. Asheran Augur

Congratulations Faceless. Good work :)
  5. Abracadabra Augur

Congrats guys.
  6. frankie78227 Augur

LoL! Grats on your most marvelous life achievement. :)
  7. Makelite Augur

[IMG]
  8. Progress Augur

The real test will be waking the Sleeper before anyone else has a chance to get a gnome mask!
  9. FurySoul Augur

Congrats on the big win. I would caution the use of "Fastest Ever." You can really only compare to Ragefire since both servers are granted pick zones, faster spawn rates, more trak teeth and faster seb keying. You cannot compare at all to other servers in the past.

Otherwise, Really good job. Beating TL by a day!
  10. Seraphim Augur

Congrats guys! Now, I can't wait to see you guys in a month begging for Velious!
    Xanadas and View like this.
  11. Esper Augur

If they had zones capping at 85 people like we did it would have been weeks. ;-)

Grats FI!
  12. Steampunk Augur

Now there is something to put on their resume!

Congrats!
  13. Jaime Lannister Augur

Grats FI.

Now farm up and Transfer on over :)
    Agrippa likes this.
  14. Elor Elder

we also didn't get a day of double exps, and have a pet debuff no one else has had to deal with so its a wash really.
  15. Fireblaster01 New Member

Im very impressed. This is the sort of thing that people have engraved on their tombstones.

That the sort of thing you're looking for?
  16. Ducreux Augur

Congrats, my prediction was wrong! How many did you guys manage to key for the raid, 30-40ish? How was competition for the medallion camps such as AJ with the other guilds on the server?
  17. Marthisdil Augur

not really - they didn't have to deal with the main zone limits ;)
  18. Ducreux Augur

I don't think the main pick limiter really affected the speed in which Ragefire finished VP. It no doubt allowed Lockjaw to kill Trakanon faster/easier due to not needing to split up the raid between multiple TT instances for key farming (a coordination headache) and let them bring as many people as they wanted to kill the first Trak. But when TL got our first VP clear we had gotten probably 60-70 teeth but only finished 45ish keys due to some camps like AJ/Rotting/Pained not spawning for 24+ hours in some picks limiting the number of medallion keys we could actually get in the timeframe.

I think comparing clear times between Ragefire/Lockjaw and previous TLPs such as Fippy/Vulak/Combine is kind of a wash due to the changes in pickzones and mob buffs. On one hand we are able to get keys MUCH faster due to not being limited to a single instance in which to farm potentially very long camps such as AJ / VKR in addition to having more keys drop per trak and a faster overall respawn. But we also can't kill every dragon with 25 SKs in 0.5 seconds.
  19. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

Congratz Faceless! I see you were able to over come Silverwing's pet this go round.
    Protocol and Gucci like this.
  20. Jezzie Augur

I bet they don't kill their first Velious raid target faster than EoE though! ;)
    Syrup likes this.