Rathe: Is anyone still playing?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Adcap, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Adcap New Member

This is a big shout out for all you that played back '99 on the Rathe!

How this game has changed, just wow, wow and more wow. Let me narrow it down to 'How EQ is played now' to how we played it back then, kinda wow *smiles*. TPS cant even come close, but back to the topic at hand.

Looking for Chrysalis, Dravin, Mills(think we lost him many moons ago), Aludar etc. and so on. Brotherhood of the Spider gang (remember that lovely evening when she was forced a guild name change...Memories indeed), League of Levity, damn just so many folks.

We were all close and worked together just to get 2 bubbles of exp over 6 hours, so much of my life spent in Burning Woods pulling chards *face palm*.. Someone pull, kill...med, rinse and repeat while we all just sat there and talked, nice little shout out in general "Ad! you guys got a spot!, damn straight!" good times indeed.

Hello to everyone by the way, especially all the 'next' gen players. I'm sure you've heard our horror stories over and over again, walking five miles up hill in the dah snow yadda yadda *laughs*

Anyway, hello again to everyone...Mana Management is key!
  2. Gundolin Augur

Hello Adcap, sorry just missed Rathe in 99. Started Rathe in 2000 with the launch of Kunark and then switched to Zebuxurok on the first split. But my main is back on the Rathe now.

Hope you enjoy playing again.
  3. YellowBelly Augur

Not to derail your thread but a whole lot of people asked for a real classic server and they gave us the TLP monstrosity you see. Derail off/
  4. code-zero Augur

I remember playing in '99 .....just barely. I see threads like this and I always wonder about the OP.

Do they think that everyone that started back then all quit at the same time that they did?

What have they been playing in the meantime?

What exactly is a "next" gen player anyway?

TLP had just enough nostalgic value to remind me how dreadful the game really was back then but like the Dana Carvey skit on SNL "AND WE LIKED IT!" but that was mainly because we didn't know any better
  5. matou New Member

bobino here , I was with league of levity and later with BOTS .

my son played with BOTS as well ( MAJDAR -------->> wizard ) he finished 1st on a all server PVP contest. he was 14 years old at that time. ) , he stopped to play when level 60 was max or 65 I forgot..

our 1st plane of fear raid with league of levity , we wiped at zone in and it took us 16 hours to get our corpses back , with the help from another guild .

lots of memories hehe,..............
  6. Belkar_OotS Augur

Chrysalis is in FK, along with a bunch of LoL folks that you probably know. Many of the bots crew shifted to other servers when it folded a few years ago. Still a pretty good following of old schoolers on the server...... log in around raid time (US evenings) and say hello, the biggest time sink is redownloading the game, but you can get back into things for free with the Free to Play system in place.