Time to clean up Ragefire?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by levster, Oct 26, 2015.

1. lockjaws Augur

GMs have better things to do than sit in-game and monitor chat, such as moderate the forums and move office space.
    Motherlee and Xanumbik like this.
  2. Risiko Augur

Hey now.. it takes a lot of work to make 2 new zones, copy/paste them, give them new names and change the lighting and monsters to be able to say you made 4 new zones... and then sell the 4 zones as a new expansion for $40 minimum. That doesn't just happen on its own you know ;)
    lockjaws likes this.
  3. Urshulgi Augur

Some of you are too sensitive.

I cant believe you want to stop people from spreading truth.
  4. lalaloup Augur

The name no one is willing to mention is Ginesh. I only say this because if it were an alteration of something from an abrahamic religion he would at least have had his name forcibly changed by this point, but he's only hindu. :(

At this point, it honestly looks like he's a paid troll.

Sounds ludicrous I know, but there are places on the internet that employ people to stir the drama pot to keep viewing numbers up.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The Nahasapeemapetilons, with the assistance of the Fabled Thrillhouse, had the right approach to dealing with these false idols!

[IMG]
    lalaloup and Zaviere like this.
  6. Zaviere Augur

Are you one of those, "Jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams!" kinda people? Cause it sounds like it.

Anyways, as several have already said, this is the internet more or less, and you will never be able to completely filter the internet. You just have to ignore it or block it, simple as that.
  7. Urshulgi Augur

No, I just have an appreciation for a good troll.
  8. lalaloup Augur

Most here wont believe this, but there really are places on the internet that successfully squelch this sort of thing with minimal effort.

But it's pretty rare these days to find it in a public video game server. Too bad, it was one of the bigger draws for EQ back in the day.
  9. Zaviere Augur

Fair enough.

Another point I just thought of...

What happened to the Guide support on these servers? I would think that would be a very easy way to have such behavior reported and dealt with, if it is gonna happen at all. Is the Guide program dropping the ball, maybe?
  10. dreama121 Journeyman

Ginesh is far from the only guy. Most of the time general chat looks like a Fox News Channel blog. Nothing but racist, sexist and homophobic trolls looking to get their rocks off on saying offensive things.
    Motherlee likes this.
  11. Warpeace Augur

Why do you have to run to a guide or GM??? This is completely controllable and reportable to Daybreak from every single player and is a very easy way to deal with bad behavior.

Just /report the offending person and the 20 lines of text showing the violation and then petition it and include the reference to the report. Example in your petition reference /report of playerxyz's conduct in tells or chat channel.

Its not hard if it actually violates community standards. If not put them on ignore.
  12. Silentchaos Augur

Someone tell a story.
  13. Zaviere Augur

I actually completely agree with you.

My comment about the Guide program was a half personal prod at them for reasons I won't bother bringing up here, since it will just get me censored, banned or something.

I guess the other half of my point was that Guides are supposed to be helping to moderate the TLP servers, that was the whole point of having them there at all. What part of helping monitor and report inappropriate content in general chat doesn't fall under the context of moderation? What else do they even do on these servers? If anything, the word of a Guide could at least serve to back up player-submitted reports about this kind of thing.

But I digress. For the record, I no longer choose to play on Ragefire (or Lockjaw for that matter) though I did for a time when it was new. I'm just one who has played many MMOs and seen this kind of behavior a lot, and know that it's not usually a priority for moderation, especially with companies that have just downsized.

Also, in before this thread gets locked because of forum guideline violation! :rolleyes:
    Motherlee likes this.
  14. Skipper Augur

In opposition to what? To a left-wing, msnbc, Huffington Post, New York Times, Salon, insert any Network here, nut job site?

[IMG]
    Krek likes this.
  15. Skipper Augur

Krek likes this.
  16. Vaclav Augur

The problem with FoxNEWS is that they're super fringe like those above liberal OPTIONS - but whereas there's a range of liberal OPTIONS, there's really only one mass media outlet for conservatives.

When you're lumping in Sarah Palin in with Ronald Reagan and Eisenhower - you're creating a trail mix with some bad nuggets in it.
    Xanumbik likes this.
  17. Batbener Augur

Now does this apply to IRL stuff only, or to in game stuff? I am a gnome mage, and every time someone talks about punting me, I get all :(. And then I get :mad:. And then I roll more gnome mages, and KS EVERYBODY. And then I am back to :)
    Xanumbik likes this.
  18. Greyowl Augur

Untrigger "Join general channels" in options.

Did that like the 2nd day after Ragefire went live.
    Motherlee and Krek like this.
  19. Krek Elder

Thanks, didn't realize that was there. I personally enjoy the conversations in general, although most in general are not that informed. The people that are complained about are usually the best informed. And it seems to me that people on the left are simply not tolerant of comments & opinions that differ from their own, so they try to discredit them as being racist.

And general chat does include all topics. But it keeps me from getting anything done in game, so I'll use this option. I have been trying to figure out how to un-autojoin channels. This will do it!
  20. Pikallo Augur

I know this is a silly and minor point but it just struck me as funny. Have you really "been trying to figure out how to un-autojoin channels"? What exactly were you trying? Seems as though going in to the general options would be the only logical place to go and look.