New instance (pick) threshold is a bit high

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Risiko Augur

[IMG]

60, 50, 37 and 37 in 4 instances. There should be at least 5 picks available.
  2. Poydras Augur

They could certainly make it operate smarter in a lot of ways. If they are cool with near-empty instances sticking around for example, as it currently works, then why not just always give of a few of popular zones with the number adjusted over time.
  3. Risiko Augur

Been a great day...

1. One hour to get a group for sebelis
    2. Found a pick that just opened
    3. Moved to it and 20 others followed
    4. Nobody at Crypt camp
    5. We clear down to it
    6. Someone picked over to it just before we got in the room and claimed they had been there
    7. We go to another camp near by
    8. Spend an hour plus killing crap that barely moved the exp bar
    9. The jerk at the Crypt camp leaves so we head back over to get our camp
    10. Some other jerk box picks in and claims he's been there... No he hasn't
    11. The tank in our group AGAIN bows down to this group just like she did the first group and let's them have the camp
    12. I disagree with the decision because that's twice now we have gotten screwed out of that camp by another group picking in and lying about being there
    13. No more then ten minutes later the groups tank and healer decides it's time to call the group for dinner. (Reality is they didn't like that I didn't agree with their decision to get screwed twice in a row)

Yeah great day. ~3 hours wasted while lying cheating boxers get what they want at the expense of real groups. Sick of it.

Do I like dps racing for camps? No. I also don't like getting screwed over for playing nice.
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

the /pick feature from the get go should have moved you to zone in when in a dungeon.
    Would have solved some of those issues real quick.
    Protocol, lockjaws, Baka and 6 others like this.
  5. Hendar2 Augur

Zone-in on /pick would be fine with me.
    Mamas likes this.
  6. Batbener Augur

You got screwed out of loot/xp by people that appealed to your sense of community and fair play? Welcome to classic. They should have left all raid type stuff in pick one(good job) and then stopped /pick at will. Want to form a group, do so outside of the zone. Need to join a group already in zone? Cool, /pick on entering, and a 15 minute lock out. The /pick at will is just more of the krono pinata that these progression server are.
  7. Volka New Member

Actually, judging by the numbers in your screenshot there should only be 3 instances running. But sometimes people remain in one and it ends up staying open.
  8. Decrepid Journeyman

I've found that this can be really problematic in some dungeons. There are dungeons where there are really only enough stuff to support 12 to 18 people and just never get that second pick...I actually use to leave my necro in certain dungeons FD overnight just to keep an additional pick open if I was thinking I might want to hit it up again the next night. 8(
  9. Ducreux Augur

At least we get instances this time around.
  10. Frenzic Augur

Your tale is a sad one for sure. However, I don't see any evidence that there was cheating going on. Why do you specifically mention "lying cheating boxers" when all your story shows is perhaps lying boxers?
  11. Vlerg Augur

atleast you have instances.

back in the old day the camp would just never be open!
  12. Tris Augur

A few pointers
    your tactics on how to get a camp kinda sucks. Its more constructive to move to safe spot and start doing the pickle dance untill you find an open pick. Just because you think you can reserve a camp while clearing to it, dosnt mean that the ones holding it when you finally reach your destination are lying or cheating.
    On patch days or just after when picks are reset there is allways to few.
  13. Mamas New Member

make pickzone to zonein only +1
  14. Agrippa Augur

Make pick zones available upon request, but limit the command to 15 minutes. The command should also put players at zone in.
  15. Tris Augur

Why. there are allready enough campchecks as it is. It is much more constructive to move up and then find a pick than clearing up only to find someone was missing a camp check. Also all the fake checks where ppl are calling camps they hope to be able to get a group for eventually is gone.
  16. Risiko Augur

CC was irrelevant. It was a NEW instance. There was nobody in the instance before 3 groups picked in at the entrance. One went to bugs, one to King and us to crypt. Therefore, the group sitting at the crypt when we got there had simply /picked in to the camp. They claimed they had been there all along which is complete BS because it was a NEW instance.
  17. Frenzic Augur

How are they cheaters though?
  18. Tris Augur

They were there first though, so it should be their camp. Imo your group members did right in backing out. If you had gotten it your way you would probably have gotten into camp war and then come here and whine even louder when you had your handed to you. I especially dont like how you call your group a real group while the ones who was there before you are being called cheaters.
    Frenzic likes this.
  19. Drexll Augur

I agree, the threshold for Sebilis and HS is way too high now.
  20. Risiko Augur

Grrr... ok not cheaters.. but liars yes.