Clerics and group invis

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Since the int classes get perfected invis undead as well as regular invis you would think clerics would get perfected invis too..

Things that make you go hmmmm.
  2. Laronk Augur

It's because clerics (and warriors /paladins) are not supposed to have a spell/ability invis, they even lost invis off their fade
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Druid group invis should be changed to perfected and just get rid of shared camo now that I think of it.

Poor paladins and clerics sent to bed without supper.
    Motherlee likes this.
  4. Stephen51 Augur

It is sad, especially as Paladins get a perfected group IVU.
  5. Moklianne Augur

Blame the devs for caving to constant requests (must love copy/pasting from others) without keeping the class in mind. Even if you only include the last decade, that's still a decade of slippery slopes to get to where we are now.
  6. Xerxo Journeyman

Perhaps they could help the in-game economy by removing a lot of these invis abilities and instead give crafters something to make that others would be interested in buying.
  7. Motherlee Augur

Like spells?
  8. Xerxo Journeyman

Actually, something less permanent, like potions.
  9. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I cannot imagine a reason for Clerics or Paladins to access to invis through spells or AAs. A blinding light that temporarily blinds all mobs around them to their presence would be pretty cool though.
  10. lancelove Augur

No, you don't get rid of shared camo...its instant and group perfected isn't...
  11. Viper1 Augur

clerics have never had regular invisibility in the history of EQ, only IVU. So I have no clue why anyone would think they'd magically get perfected invis now. Int casters always had both so that's why they get both versions of perfected.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Qbert Gallifreyan

So when did mages have ivu prior to the aa?
    Shadva Del`Shai and Agrippa like this.
  13. Coronay Augur

I play a cleric and am okay with them not getting regular invis. Thats cool that INT casters got IVU.
  14. Zamiam Augur

good point
  15. Tour Augur

Never had a problem with clerics not getting invis. Potions already give my cleric the ability to go invis at will instantly. And with no recast timer it effectively always lasts as long as I need it to provided I have enough of them. Sure, an AA or spell might be more convenient, but in the end it doesn't do anything for me that I can't do already.
  16. Motherlee Augur

If clerics had self invis, they wouldn't need us for anything.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You mean Alchemy?
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Don't play a cleric as anything but a box but think it would be good for them to get invis too. They already have to compete with mercs would be just another thing to make them more desirable then a merc... Just my opinion though doesn't really affect me at all I always have perfected invis on tap :)
  19. Viper1 Augur

Clerics don't really have to compete with mercs. Mercs were added, in part, because so few people play a cleric main, or healer in general (same goes for tank classes). Mercs and boxed healers make up for the dearth of healer mains, not compete with them.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I would disagree. A lot of people wont bother adding a healer to their group and just use a merc. Yes real healers are much better but it is what it is.... at least in my opinion.
    Vetplayer likes this.