Request - Hot Zone Daily Quest Addition

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Maginus, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Maginus Lorekeeper

I don't play allot like the hard core or even the medium core players here but what I do find my self doing most of is constantly starting new characters and playing from scratch. Not sure why, just my thing I guess.
    Mostly I just play for a half hour or so every so often, sometimes more. But I like doing the daily hot zone quests. But there is something I would dearly love to see instead of only 3 rewards ie (Shoulder, Cape, Belt). I would love to see a weapon and shield option on there as well.
    I am constantly running around half naked with very low level weapons cause I either don't have the plat to buy a new one from the bazaar or I just never get enough drops.
    For instance I've been playing a paly on and off, he's got I think 22 hours of total play time and he is already almost 40 and still half naked and would still be using the weapon from glooming deep had I not just gave in and spent 250plat for the cheapest sword I could find. As you may be wondering no I did not earn that 250 plat on that character. I had to use plat from another character. I guess I'm not a good cash cow lol

Anyways if you would consider my request it would be greatly appreciated thank you.
  2. beryon Augur

Check out the Hero's Journey tab in the achievement window. Many of the achievements give out gear rewards, including weapons.
    Maginus and Morningdew like this.
  3. Maginus Lorekeeper

Been looking at those as you suggested, sure is a hell of allot of work for such crappy rewards though...
  4. Brohg Augur

so crappy you want 21 of them per week?
  5. Picaresque Augur

I believe what the OP is requesting would be the appropriate level defiant weapon and shield to go along with the waist/back/shoulders options. Not sure though how much work that would be since new items would have to be generated to apply across all melee classes and another for all caster classes.

As for Heroes Journey, so many of the early ones have as rewards gear that are pretty lousy for the level required to complete the task, not to mention the time involved. I go along with Borek on this one: use a tank merc and just use whatever armor drops along the way until you hit level 60, then take your plat and buy elaborate defiant gear in the bazaar. At least, that's what I recall him writing.
    Maginus likes this.
  6. DrAxe Journeyman

Do you not sell items in bazaar? Some low level tradeskill items and such sell decently, like crude silk, always seem to sell. Also, you really need to get a character up to the 80's or higher, then plat starts to become alot easier to get.

And no, quests do not need more items added to them. This game was meant to get your items from drops, quest items are only meant to help a little along the way. If you are running around half naked, thats because you are not farming enough plat, or nameds for gear.
  7. Lassiter Journeyman

Are you in a guild Maginus? If not, you should consider joining one. Sometimes you can find some decent low level gear that members have put in the guild bank. And a guild is a good place to make friends and group up. I've found most people to be very friendly and willing to help guild mates whenever they can. Don't join a guild just for handouts though.

If you're not into guilds then I'd suggest you work on getting at least one of you're toons to a high enough level that you can farm gear yourself for your lower level toons. I like starting new characters as well, but I've leveled a number of other toons to support them. I have a shaman to make potions and buff, a cleric for temperance, and toons that can farm.
  8. Maginus Lorekeeper

Thank you all for the reply's to this thread I created, I would like to start off by responding to "getting a toon up" suggestion. A solid game plan for sure but I'm just not that kind of player anymore, I am a casual player and since this paly of mine is on a new server so I could start from scratch then this suggestion would more likely say just deal with it till your higher level and then twink your alts. (fyi I do plan on dealing with it cause I doubt DB will be able to get around to it before I am done playing my paly)
    Still not a bad plan but honestly this time around I wanted to get away from twinking alts and just play that character and make him earn his own way. More fun for me. (I was expecting exp to be allot slower, I didn't expect to be out leveling what little gear I do get so quickly)
    Next I would like to respond to the idea of farming and selling for plat. Farming means work, at least for me it does cause once I start farming I stop having fun. It's not like I am asking for a full set of gear here either so not sure why anyone would get bent out of shape about it. The only think I asked for was a weapon so I could keep doing some half way decent damage and a shield to fill the off hand if the people in charge are so inclined. It's not like I was asking for an epic weapon for every 10 levels or something just some appropriate defiant weapon. As for selling in the bazaar I get so few drops I maybe have 6 low level pieces to sell in the 39 levels I have gained and that is it. Also if I do as someone else suggested and use the drops for alts well then I don't have anything to sell so...

Joining a guild would be selfish since I do not play much and I could not contribute to the guild nearly at all and I would be taking WAY more than I would be giving.
    Oh and yes Picaresque I was referring to appropriate defiant weapons be added, I hardly think it would be much work at all though. I could probably get it done in 2 or 3 days I would think. I guess it all depends on how they do their program.