Ain't no party like a golden efreeti party

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Oct 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nechi-Brell Augur

So clueless.
  2. Jaime Lannister Augur

I really don't think the community is that different, and I'd wager more people went to LJ for 6 months of classic than they did the raid scene. All things considered, Raiders in EQ are in the minority when it comes to TLP's. Though you are 100% correct that a few of those guilds are on LJ 'cause because they fled there for easier competition.

I just don't agree with the mindset I guess. The healthiest thing for that server imo would be for the rotation to end. You deal with a few months of rage and pewwpsocks. Some guilds will dissolve, some guilds will absorb other ones, and you end with 2-4 competing guilds, 80% less drama, and far more room to work with when future expansions increase raid content. Former "rotation" guilds will be able to raid older content, and everything will be more spread out.
    Kunark and Classic simply don't have enough content for a top heavy raid scene that a rotation brings.

Imo the best thing they could do for the servers is make sure Velious keeps it's increase spawn times. I don't think even my guild could hope to hold down all those targets spawning nearly every day. There's plenty to go around by Velious.

Whatever happens though, saying that the servers are going to die because of what's going on right now, is hyperbole. They will be fine until PoP+, just like every TLP.

Pretty sure our rotation thread ended being less than 20 pages long.

Meanwhile, LJ thread was like whatt, 60+ pages of drama?
    Alphont likes this.
  3. Kobra Augur

Free piece of advice for FI members. Take your core members, leave the guild, and reform without Yawg and Darth. Reset relations with the rest of the server.

That is probably your only winning move at this point.
    rekais910 likes this.
  4. Holybeard Journeyman

Good sir again you don't understand.

If they release the "no box" server and this issue is not resolved. LJ will be dead. Now why do i say that?

LJ had a pitiful pop before it was announced that LJ would be unlocking slower than ragefire. EVERYONE was on ragefire. LJ got a huge boost from Ragefire transfers. Ask anyone on LJ, population doubled at least. The overwhelming majority of these players are ones seeking a slower unlock because they have constrained time schedules - casuals.

Now if you know anything about server population statistics you would factor in normal attrition rate for the lockjaw natives vs the people who cared enough to transfer to lockjaw. How many of the transferees are playing still vs the people who didn't give a what server they were on? The people that cared enough to transfer have a lower attrition rate - more of them are playing than lockjaw natives when considered 1:1.

The people who wanted a slower unlock are in general a more casual type of player. These types of players also dislike megabot armies and many would prefer instancing. They worked out a rotation (which I have no part setting up or dealing with, I'm coming into this when it's already been set up by the community) to alleviate the strain of having so many people for the limited amount of content. Look into the rules of the rotation they are actually pretty reasonable as far as how you progress to tougher mobs, there's still a way for a good guild to prove they're the best.

But i digress. This casual type of player loves the idea of a "no box" server, especially if it has raid instancing. It eliminates 90% of the griefing that we've all experienced on LJ. You think this type of player is going to deal with FI's when they could be having a server that is anti-FI in it's core ruleset? 10 Sociopaths with box crews shouldn't be on a server.

Nah, half of LJ will migrate instantly and more will follow. Not to mention the people that just say " this im not leveling again" and quit. This is a money losing situation for DBG left unattended. LJ will still operate but it will need to get merged into Ragefire when DBG realizes it's dead.

To reiterate, I'm not saying if FI keeps being dicks the server will be dead. I'm saying if they keep being dicks and the "no box" server is released, LJ will be dead. I've played on dozens of MMO servers for entirely too long and I can honestly say It's a unique situation due to the extent that bot crews are relied upon for the griefing, and also due to the fact that the population is much heavier casual biased than usual. Guilds that act like this break up under normal circumstances because the ratio of sociopaths to normal people really isnt high at all, 1:25-1:1000 depending on the study. I'm sure Ragefire is lovely.
  5. Nechi-Brell Augur

If you think MM is innocent in all of this, you really have no clue. You keep slinging names around and calling people Sociopaths but you have absolutely no clue what is going on. MM could have gotten a raid together like this one to prove their point about FI supposedly breaking rotation, but instead we know what really happened. They started attempting to take any raid target they wanted and lost horribly at it. Also in that time, their guild leader has been training other raids and their guild is dispelling charm pets and raid bosses.

Lockjaw had a low pop for one big reason and thats because MOST people didn't want to start a character over again. What do you think is going to happen when the no box server comes out. Do you really think that a grand majority of people are going to want to do even more classic again? The only saving grace is if they actually have real instancing of raid bosses, but since that has never been clarified, instancing could only mean that zones will be like how they are now from the start with pick zones of all popular zones.

Republicans would be proud of the revisionist history that is being attempted.
    Simone likes this.
  6. Holybeard Journeyman

First off, lets look up what sociopath means so you understand why I, and others, are using it repeatedly. We are not dumb, it's the appropriate word to use to describe the leadership of FI.

Here, I'll look it up for you:

"sociopathy (/soʊsiˈɒpəθi/), is traditionally defined as a personality disorder characterized by enduring antisocial behavior, diminished empathy and remorse, and disinhibited or bold behavior."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy#Sociopathy

Did at any point I say MM is innocent? No. I'm glad you brought it up, but at this point it's like Clinton's emails.

Are you trying to use that as an excuse to justify your own repeated violations still? It's a humorously bad attempt at misdirection.
  7. Nechi-Brell Augur

No I just don't think your holy than thou attitude has any merit when you are grouping up with MM to punish people and calling others sociopaths.
    Simone likes this.
  8. Holybeard Journeyman

Justice demands sanctions and retribution. The world isn't black and white, it's many shades of grey.

At any rate, I honestly hope we can come to a reasonable conclusion. This drama is draining for all parties involved. Some revisions and concessions to the rotation can always be made. There are lots of non-explored options. Think up some stuff to bring to the table instead of the repeated "MM is bad too, they must apologize" argument. Lets get done. As a powerful guild FI, MM, LoZ now, should have a greater power pull than smaller guilds that might not be accurately reflected with the rotation. I don't know what you see as the appropriate solution, but stealing beginner raid mobs from casual guilds certainly isn't it.

Edit: and I DO believe we can come to a reasonable conclusion. Most all of us are adults here. We're not the dysfunctional US govt or the UN. We are average people, we can compromise and we can work out a solution that benefits all parties.
  9. Tulgin Augur

The new server won't start with only classic, it will be real raid boss expeditions.

It won't just be casuals moving there, a few of the top guilds on LJ and RF will be going also.
  10. Nechi-Brell Augur

Please post confirmation that this is going to be the case, as far as I have seen there hasn't been any confirmation of expeditions or that it starts higher than classic.
    Simone likes this.
  11. Vaclav Augur

The latter is supposition, but Holly's Twitter and statements during the Livestream made it quite clear she wants Expeditions for it. [Although Tulgin makes it sound 100% absolute which she did SOUND absolute - but things can happen - so I'd put it around 20% chance of it not getting it or it being delayed because of it]
  12. Punchu Augur

Faceless wants desperately to hold on to a dying brand of Everquest. The open world there can be only 2 or 3 guilds and everyone else quits or slums it. Under new management in 2015 it's just not going to happen. These servers will not play out like the last round did under Sony and you guys can't lead your guild like it's the last two servers.
  13. GemstoneIII New Member

Its amazing when people win one DPS race over a guild in a 3 week period and act like they won the super bowl. Its obvious you haven't been here before.

Its amazing that MM members are so mentally handicap that they would post a screenshot saying that they went FFA to force FI to give up the rotation and think that nobody would be able to make sense of that. I mean...people can and did read:

"You told Brier, 'We wanted the FFA...'"

Yes, MM has been trying to destroy the rotation and MM succeeded, but they are actually mentally challenged enough to think that by destroying the rotation they can make it look like anybody else actually destroyed the rotation.

And the continual training raid after raid is funny and all...it is. But when you get ROFL stomped at Vox while training and dispelling and so forth it isn't discouraging anybody. Its more like "so this is what these guys do for fun? Just log in and try to grief people that are able to do content? doh!"

FI would love to have a rotation...but they won't have a rotation where they have to defend other people's mobs and they won't have a rotation with people like Gulfein and Durth. They won't have a rotation of MM puppets guilds infamous for camp stealing and training as well.

If Legacy of Zek wants to have a rotation that's great. If they want to compete, that's great.

If they want to have guildmates like Durth (who incidently runs up to KoS mobs in sky and gets Dtd and then whines claiming he was trained...hello?) then you are going to have the same problems Durth had on prior servers and with just simple understanding of kill on sight and death touch mechanics. If LoZ wants to make their alliance with MM that's dumb...but at least LoZ tries.

Trains, trains, trains...dispels, dispels, dispels...cry, cry, cry...forumquest, forumquest, forumquest. DPS races 1-14 vs FI.

When one guild clear an entire raid zone and gets 4 other raid targets (2 contested) but loses 1 target in a 36 hour window you are going to say that guild is hopeless? This is silly.

When I came back for nostalgia I wondered what sort of players would still be playing a game as brutally easy and poorly designed as early EQ. The game is infinitely different now (for instance, all those SKs would have been useless during the classic period as their HTs would have pretty much all been resisted; etc) However, I just have to laugh when people that are getting beat on 18 year old content by players that were in world first competing guilds at EQ launch, WoW launch and many expansions there after and they talk like they are some big, bad tough guys.

Botters and 18 year old roflstomp easy content means that much to you? yeah...
    Simone likes this.
  14. Demandred Elder

This was an awesome birthday! A thread full of drama and highly entertaining! I want an epic HBO series of these servers! Or before DBG decides to burn the eq servers to the ground out of frustration I really hope they turn TLP in ffa pvp! Please? Its my birthday
  15. rekais910 Augur

Dude... Brier isn't MM.. that log you're talking about is a Faceless member... shut up
  16. DaedorAlive Elder

It's comical that you think we (LoZ) have an alliance with MM when they have DPS raced us on our mobs the last 3 days in a row, including us beating them on our last naggy where YOUR guild members & leader (Yawg, Zaide) were present to watch.

Fact is, your guild leadership UNILATERALLY decided that Efreetie would be FFA. With the current rotation rules, alliances are allowable for FFA mobs. We allied for 1 mob because Faceless is too selfish to share.

My question (which was posted on the other thread that DBG deleted) is why are the former RoI members going along with this? You guys left RF in part because TL was locking you out of content, yet you are comfortable doing the same to others? I'm surprised and disappointed that no one has the integrity to stand up to your leadership about this.

I hope you guys figure it out soon before the server becomes a barren wasteland and you guys can be the king of pixels that nobody cares about.
  17. RadarX Augur

We're going to go ahead and close this as we've seen a number of forum guideline violations in it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.