How many Kronos have you made off of TLP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Vaclav Augur

Ducreux betrayed <The Box> and ran to greener pastures quickly!
  2. Ducreux Augur

<The Barrel> is simply spreading more lies, do not believe the slander fellow Boxians.

Yeah I don't have any raid gear to sell and if I was caught selling any of the droppables I've been awarded such as White dragonscale cloak / Tobrins Eyepatch I'd promptly find myself without a guild.
    Liquid likes this.
  3. Frenzic Augur

I don't recall anyone ever claiming that TL was the best guild ever. I'm on record and still think that TL is the best progression guild ever, assuming the best players of TL at the same time. The only real competition in my mind would have been primetime roi but we will never know. I'm not overly familiar with the vulak guilds, but honestly no guild on the lesser server should ever be in consideration vs the top guild on the prime server. Then you mention FI... They ran from competition on vulak then ran from TL on ragefire. They aren't even top 5 imo.
  4. Gumby Augur

I don't know why people like to claim anyone as a Top guild in EQ for a progression server until the server begins to get into later expansions.

Everything right now is a complete faceroll with enough people regardless of the raid mobs being buffed or not. Whomever has the biggest guild will be the "best". Take 54 of the best and go beat the latest expansion if you want to see who actually has enough skill to be considered at the top.

Otherwise the accomplishments at this point in the game don't really mean much unless guilds get smaller.
    frankie78227 likes this.
  5. Detheb Augur

You realize that A. TL has beaten guilds with 20+ More people than us in a dps race? and B. A good portion of TL is made up of EoE/Citizen members from later stage Fippy. Aka two of 8 guilds to ever beat Underfoot in-era, and in Citizen's case, the fastest guild to ever clear HoT.

We also have plenty of members in guilds like RoI/TR/Former Triality, etc. I would put the "Best TL roster" up against RoI on a Combine style progression server any day. We might not beat them, but it would be damn entertaining to be a part of.
  6. IwubTL New Member

Duc can I just say it warms my heart to see the sig I made for you on the forums here. #MSPaint
  7. Silentchaos Augur

Seasonal challenge lets ride.
  8. frankie78227 Augur

LoL! You all are arguing about who is the best at beating old content in an ancient video game. Does it even matter? What ever happened to just enjoying the game? Classic EQ is just a zerg-fest and the only hard thing about it is beating others to the spawns, with numbers. So one guild has more people dedicated enough to wake up and raid at all hours. Big deal, EQ is still an ancient game and no one should even care at this point..
    Jaxarale01 and oldkracow like this.
  9. Sagnid Augur

This is such a worn down argument. We all play Everquest because we enjoy it. The current gaming structure requires you to compete for content. Of course people are going to draw narratives of accomplishment.

I enjoy Everquest by beating everyone in content. You enjoy Everquest by trolling the forums. We both enjoy Everquest.
    Pikallo likes this.
  10. Zublak Augur

We all know Apok is the best guild to ever bless the game of Everquest, c'mon now.
  11. frankie78227 Augur

LoL! FEED ME MORE!

Just because you don't agree with my opinion doesn't make it trolling. I get a kick out of grown men bragging about how big their 16 year old video game appendages are . Although, it is actually quite sad. :D
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  12. lalaloup Augur

Yeah, but that's all they are. Narratives. Stories.

It's just a new version of the types of roleplaying that have existed in this game.
  13. Pinto_Bean Augur

I have to be honest, claiming that you are the best guild to date is pretty pointless purely because the servers now are SO much different than they were in 1999 and even these TLPs compared to the previous TLPs are drastically different.

There is no real way to compare Fires of Heaven to Twisted Legacy but I bet if push came to shove, Fires of Heaven with the leadership they had in Kunark on would not be a force you would want to tangle with. That kind of scenario would never happen though so currently TL is doing best on ragefire and FI is doing best on Lockjaw and you have to take that at face value really.
    frankie78227 likes this.
  14. Pikallo Augur

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, which is fine. But who the hell are you to tell someone else(who you don't even know) what they can, and can't care about? Are you saying no one should care about chess because its an ancient game?

I find it equally sad and pathetic that you have to shove your condescending opinion down other people's throat every time this topic comes up. You obviously DO care about it or you wouldn't be posting about it so frequently trying to put others down for playing a game they way they enjoy.
  15. frankie78227 Augur

FEED ME MORE!

I truly couldn't care less anymore. Hell I left the TLPs in disgust, ages ago. I cancelled my All Access because EQ is insignificant to me now. I just read the boards out of boredom, mostly. Once my last All Access account expires I wont bother posting anymore but for now, I paid so I post. If you don't like it, oh well, couldn't really care less about that either.

I don't think I put others down for playing the way they want, unless you mean the m-Questers who box massive bot armies. I will always have a special place in my heart for those scum, Hah!
  16. lalaloup Augur

Emotional reactions aside, you actually bring up some valid points.

Unfortunately none of which addresses the common factor of competitive types railing against any other form of gaming.

Playstyles don't really matter, it's the team mentality bs (regardless of the team) that's so pathetic.
  17. Tomtee Lorekeeper

I don't multibox, just sell jewelry & pottery.

Let's just say I could pay for my account(s) for the next 14 years.
  18. Pikallo Augur

Lol you care enough to post about it, so yes, you could absolutely care less. If you truly didn't care, you wouldn't post about it regardless of whether you are bored or not.

Secondly, by calling a generalized group of people "sad" for playing a game a certain way, that would be considered putting others down. I know its a hard concept and they probably didn't teach it in GED classes, but that's exactly what you are doing.
  19. frankie78227 Augur

LoL! Keep Feeding, Still hungry!

First: I post because I have nothing better to do and it aggravates peeps like you, so I enjoy it.

Second: I characterized the situation as being sad because grown men were arguing over who is better in 16 year old game content. It had nothing to do with how they play or enjoy the game. Maybe you need a GED refresher.
  20. Detheb Augur

Notice i didn't say that we would beat them, i said I would happily go with a "Best of" TL roster versus any guild, and it would be interesting. Most of the people in TL are not "first timers" or people looking to do content we never got to do. Any "Best of TL" roster is basically made up of people that did all these raids on live before TLPs.

Who knows who would win, It would be amazing though. I'd also like to note that this version of TL, is pretty poor compared to Fippy, and we still ran FI off the server ;D