If The New TLP Server begins at Vanilla/Classic...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Berret, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Berret Journeyman

...how many of you would want to join it? Granted, I know the term vanilla and classic, with all of the various changes over the last 16 years, are not true vanilla/classic, but you know what I mean. If the new server launches just as Ragefire and Lockjaw did, and there are no transfers available(characters, but also Krono), how many would want to take the time to level your characters again? I know there are some people who enjoy the challenge of starting naked on a new server, day one, and beginning the adventure of leveling your characters again, but not everyone would. Some of you have several maxed out characters, and may not want to "lose" them. I think especially those who have now gotten to experience Kunark on Ragefire, and would then be back in classic for a set number of months, may not want to lose the Kunark experience.

Personally, I play on Lockjaw, and my highest character is a 47 druid, and the next highest are a 27 mage and 25 monk. I have seven characters, who I've worked on gearing in different ways as best I can. I've never boxed or botted, in all the time I've played EverQuest, so while it doesn't affect me that I no longer "can" on the new server, I think it's great that others cannot, at least not so overtly. I would be willing to give it a try and level my characters anew. Perhaps this time I can not get alt-itis, and concentrate on one character to 50. We'll see. Anyway, I'm curious to hear others' thoughts on this. I really have few details I've learned about the new server, other than what I've gleaned from the forums. Thank you very much.
  2. Zephyroth Elder

I for one, really hope it starts Classic for 2-3 months max. I would love to have a real sence of progression with instanced raids. How fun would it be to gear your guild with weekly Planes are god on a schedule ? I know i would like it. And i plan on having 3 pcs, so 3 box, so i would love to take the time to gear them and prep their epic. But that is me. I know a lot of people will want kunark release
  3. Zanarnar Augur

I too hope they start in classic but for a shorter period; all of us (most of us?) will have just done 3/6 months of classic. However after that I hope it reverts to a longer unlock schedule. Regardless I do see myself moving here ;)
  4. Zephyroth Elder

All i really care about is a super long POP era :p
    MBear likes this.
  5. Vlorg Augur

quite fun until you realize 90% of Inny loot table is class/race specific and unuseable by nearly all your raid... aka erudite paladin only shield

it dosen't get better in Veeshan peaks: 75% of loot table are weapons and half of them will rot on your very first kill... in case people don't want to use their epics in kunark?
    Ducreux likes this.
  6. Zephyroth Elder

Im starting an Eru SK for 1 of his wep haha
  7. Pseudofate Augur

New roll for sure. Have no qualms about it.
  8. Vaclav Augur

Wife might choose a different class. Otherwise unchanged.
  9. Thegoat Elder

Classic blows. There is so little content. Starting in Kunark would be optimal. Velious is too far.
  10. Kegwell Lurker since '99

Make the new server require the latest expansion to unlock, you will eliminate 90% of the TLP problems with one simple change that enhances your revenue.
  11. Pseudofate Augur

How would that alleviate any problems whatsoever? I for one am not going to shell out for an expansion that I won't even utilize while paying a sub.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  12. Kegwell Lurker since '99

Perfect :)
    You are the type of player that pollutes the TLP...
    Too cheap to support the game you supposedly love..
  13. Jaxarale01 Augur

Um... isnt paying the all access sub that is required for TLPs supporting it?

/boggle
  14. Kegwell Lurker since '99

Umm no, it supports the entire portfolio of games.
    All access? (means all )
  15. toddv New Member

yep, why buy an expansion if its not even going to be used
    especially when im paying a subscription
  16. Kegwell Lurker since '99

Because the TLP uses Developers time.. It literally takes things away from each expansion.
  17. toddv New Member

but if we only want to play on TPL we don't really care about expansions 15+ years from "classic"
  18. Jaxarale01 Augur

Because live takes developers time... it literally takes things away from each TLP

See what I did there?
    MBear likes this.
  19. Ducreux Augur

We pay for subs, we buy exp pots / petamorphs / race changes / bags etc off the marketplace, some of us even shelled out the $35 (expansion price) for just a 40 slot bag on multiple accounts.

I've bought 21 expansions for everquest over the last 15 years. I don't need to buy a 22nd that I likely won't ever see on TLP due to attrition over the 4-5 years it would take to reach that point.

This whole "buy the expansion to play on TLP" is probably the worst proposed requirement I've seen on these boards. Are you also proposing that players are required to buy the NEXT expansion in a year to continue playing or is that one a free pass? Get over yourselves Live servers, sorry your new content is bland and uninspired but complain to the people making decisions instead of trying to rain on the TLP parade.
    Zublak likes this.
  20. Kegwell Lurker since '99

pay baby pay!
    The issue is this, the griefers, toxic players and RMT'rs won't be able to pay for the expansion, thus, making TLP a much more enjoyable experience.
    IF they happen to get money from Mommy, at least the devs won't be talking about resources when they need to fix something or write code.