Rangers cover tracks nerf ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by lancelove, Oct 6, 2015.

1. lancelove Augur

Can anyone help me find where I saw the percentages of the nerfs, downwards and in the rangers case upwards of fails? I swore I read rangers actually had an increase in less fails...but im finding cover tracks is failing about 25% of the time as opposed to what used to be about 10% of the time.
    Hiladdar and Motherlee like this.
  2. Raynrace Augur

Mine is failing a lot. It was my understanding that before this change the fades were 100%. It might "seem" like a lot more if it never failed before.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  3. Randragon Augur

Covered Tracks does seem to be failing more. Need to bug that on the other post.
  4. Motherlee Augur

Two dead rangers just now because it failed on both.
  5. Blankslate Elder

Welcome to the club!
  6. Famka Elder

Yes, you got nerfed.
    Cover Tracks was bugged, the chance to Fade (lose all aggro) was set to 85% but worked 100%.
    They increased the chance to Fade to 90%, but removed the bug, so you are now failing more.
    Just like necros, who got their Death's Effigy chance to Fade changed from 100% and working 100% of the time to 90% and ofcourse failing A LOT more for me since RNG really doesn't like me.
    Boo for nerfs! :mad:
    Hiladdar, Vrinda and Motherlee like this.
  7. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

The level of mobs you're trying to fade off makes a difference too. If it's a red con, it's too high level for your fade to work at all.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Motherlee Augur

I was fading greens.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  9. Vrinda Augur

No you weren't. You were trying to fade greens and failing miserably. ;)
    Leex, Sheex, Hiladdar and 1 other person like this.
  10. Rouan Augur

Uhhh, that 85% fail chance was from when cover tracks worked on THE WHOLE GROUP. It got changed when it was made single.
  11. Kolani Augur

Probably mob proximity too. You can't fade mobs close to you anymore.
  12. ~Mills~ Augur

Two changes. First your no longer 100% fade that was a bug, Its working at 90% success now instead of the intended 85% it used to be but only on level 110 or under mobs. You get the message you failed to escape combat if this part fails.

The other change was they nerfed any invis landing on you if mobs are close to you. If you fade off mobs and they are within 30 ft of you they just reaggro you as if you walked up to them and were standing there uninvis. So you need to be farther away from them before using the ability. Treat all mobs as if they are see invis and open up as big a gap between them and you before using.
  13. Hiladdar Augur

Prior to the patch, specifically it worked 100% of the time and only affected the ranger. It was suppose to work something like 85% of the time, and affect the entire group.

Post patch, it now works only on the ranger, 90% of the time, with a level constraint between the ranger and the mob, and a distance constraint. More-so it now replaces an invisible camo buff, with a camp buff in the song window.

The feed back from the testers was, "do not change cover tracks", yet it was changed. In this case, feed back from the testers was completely ignored, which is what I am more concerned, and why it was changed, was not adequately communicated to the player community.

More important question is, why were resources allocated to break something that worked fine, and chanted in a way that is despised by the player community?
    Raynrace and Motherlee like this.
  14. lancelove Augur

Yeah I am kind of pissed off about it. There was no reason for it at all. Its hard enough being a ranger puller when Bards have there stuff, SK's, Monks and Necros have Feign death....Now its Cover Tracks, fail, WS if its up and you can face the mobs fast enough, pray you don't get a heal that wipes your group .. splat! This fade nerf was supposed to make pulling harder for pulling classes but hell, it was already hard for rangers compared to real pulling classes. CMON MAN!
    Motherlee likes this.
  15. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

It is explained sufficiently here < https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/september-patch-preview.226581/ >. People just continue to disagree with the explanation. Feedback consisted of "do not change this because I will cry and I do not know how to adapt." That hardly feedback worth considering. If I were a betting man I would bet that little to no resources were allotted to fix this. What probably happened was they stumbled on to the fix of this long standing issue while messing with something completely different.

I really do not have much problem pulling anything unless it is in an enclosed space. Our fluster and blusters allow us to deal with most run speed immune. You may consider getting some Planar Overdose which is a 79% chance to successfully FD. It has saved me a couple of times, even against raid mobs.
    AB-Muvien and Sheex like this.
  16. mackal Augur

Incorrect. If you are within 30 units it won't apply the base2 buff on you. You can still fade, you can still drop aggro, you can't go invis or w/e though.
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

^^^^^

Pretty much any change that isn't overwhelmingly positive gets complained about by the community here, and most of that feedback can be summed up as "Wuah, undo it or kiss my 27 gold acts since 1987 goodbye!!". As Tarvas points out, that's not useful feedback at all.

Also, hopefully they fix the jacked up mob immunities. A bunch of tight quarters with mez/movement immune mobs isn't good for anyone.
  18. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The excuses the Devs gave involving these changes making pulling matter again was a complete farce. Pulling was dead long before the introduction of flings or the farming out of Fade to everyone. Neither of these changes should have been made. If the Devs wanted to make pulling matter again then they should have been working on changing how mob AIs work. As it is now these changes have hurt the classes most associated with pulling while in no way making pulling matter at all.
  19. Thraine Augur

The cover tracks change has changed the way i pull for sure, but i still pull just fine. i cant be in the mobs faces anymore while pulling .. just give your self some breathing room when pulling and you should be ok. My biggest issue is fading raid mob agro during a burn, there is no way to drop that agro anymore so you pretty much have to rely on your tanks. so cross you're fingers lol
  20. lancelove Augur

Pulling mobs from a distance, cover tracks still fails...and with 3 mobs coming, the one you want snared of course sucks. Im not talking about pulling mobs in your face....why would you pull mobs in your face ?
    Motherlee likes this.