How about a new Guild Lobby & GGH?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raynrace, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Raynrace Augur

Hear me out, a new guild lobby and guild halls would be great but what I am proposing is a little different.

To create competition and give some really awesome benefits, how about a redo of the guild lobby that has 5 staircases and guildhall fronts with guards for the top 5 guilds per server.

Each year when a new expansion is released, guilds compete for the top 5 positions to have their own grand entrance to their GGH with their guild name and ranking above the door.

I am not a coder but assigning a random door to a specific guildhall with a name on the wall and some nice columns and stairs would be pretty cool. Maybe the top guild where the Magus is and 2 in each side east and west with a slight change and more open lobby.

You could also add a few more merchants and crafting stations in the lobby to spread out the lag pile that has become the plane of knowledge.

I know time is short but a slight design change adding 5 doors isnt too much is it?

Ranking would be simple to keep at 5.

Logs show when raids are completed and the first 5 to complete the new expansion get a grand entrance for a year.

If there arent 5 guilds that complete the explansion on each server the rest of the rankings can fall back to guilds that have completed the previous expansion.

Just a thought that would bring some nastalgia and competition to the servers. Of course some servers might need to be merged.

What do you guys think?
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  2. Elricvonclief Augur

Only if we can enable PvP inside the Guild Lobby.

Imagine the hilarity that would ensue as folks camp rival guild's stairways! :D
    Raynrace likes this.
  3. Motherlee Augur

How about a new server for AB instead?
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah this is a much better use of dev time then actual content..... .not.
  5. Reval Augur

I think this would be a neat concept, but I do tend to agree that AB should get a new server, or get their issues fixed. My personal bias is to fix current issues if they have a large effect, and a whole server being flat out unable to raid is a pretty large effect. I'd put the AB issue over Zek's issues. I'm just one person, not trying to speak for everyone. I think that the real priority should be to get another dev! But I realize that's a hard discussion to have. I wonder how much everyone's price would have to increase by to support another dev.
    crash n'burn and Motherlee like this.
  6. Randragon Augur

We got 99 Problems but a new GL/GGH ain't one.

The concept is great though.

It would be even better if they did a few server merges first and fixed/replaced AB's server as well.

Reval said:

I would pay an increase in subscription price only if they can guarantee that the Dev. they hire is for EQ1 and EQ1 only.

EQ2 and other games have leeched far too many of EQ1's resources in the past. The game needs to be better represented. They make EQ2 a beautiful game but our Game looks like a kid with an Etch-A-Sketch did it. Awesome back in it's day but it's been dated for awhile.

We need a new engine and our characters, if possible, superimposed to that new engine. I know that probably would take time and resources, if it's even possible, but EQ1 is the mainstay and the sooner they get that through their skulls the quicker they can get to work on the problem.

I will continue to Pay and Play though. All awhile muttering to myself as I sweep my front porch just waiting for some nasty kid to kick a ball into my yard. Damn kids!!!
    Motherlee and Geroblue like this.
  7. Maurasi Journeyman

If you talk to any MMO developer, or programmers in general, you will get your answer: No. It would be cheaper to make a new game than to create a new engine and then have to shoehorn legacy assets (i.e. our characters and everything on them) to it. A game this old with its notorious "spaghetti code" would almost demand an entirely new base to start from. It's like trying to play Daggerfall on a modern PC.

It's been requested before and for once, a straight forward answer that makes sense was given (once by SKlug that I recall).
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Coronay Augur

That would be really cool. Good idea !
  9. Raynrace Augur

A new server is different hardware, completely different animal...

Adding 3 or 5 doors in the Guild Lobby wont take all the devs weeks to do.

Its an idea, thats all. You guys sure are touchy these days.

I thought they already had a few new GGH models almost done is why I suggested it might be a cool change.

Too funny, again, just a thought, just an idea.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  10. Crystilla Augur

It's a cool idea, though a lot of servers only have 5 guilds even working on Arx, so that would pretty much be a separate guild hall for each of the raiding guilds on the server, which defeats the purpose of the idea to begin with.

But you'd still have to have entrances for the regular guilds + can't really differentiate the standings well at that point.
  11. Motherlee Augur

We could decide who gets doors based on guild size. Unholy Czars win!
  12. beryon Augur

Would be easier & less time-consuming to create an epeen icon on the forums for the people who feel they need something to set them apart from the filthy casuals. Size of the icon would be based on in-game accomplishments.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Gumlakx like this.
  13. Motherlee Augur

They're called banners.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

While your guild is large roster size motherlee, anyone who hasn't logged in in the past month is likely not worth counting. I'd be more curious about how many members are actually online at any given time.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

No no, you can't use all accomplishments. Only the ones the poster feels are important.
  16. Arwyn-RoV Augur

Upping the item capacity of guild halls would permit more decoration, I'd like that.
    Bleve, Motherlee and Elricvonclief like this.
  17. Motherlee Augur

18. Arwyn-RoV Augur

Having different objects as anchors would be cool too.
  19. Motherlee Augur

Like cats?
  20. Bleve Lorekeeper

/agree. The GH i'm currently working on decorating is at 842 of 2000 for plot items. Having 1,158 available seems like a lot - but it's not. Once you add in a guilds worth of primary and secondary anchors a huge chunk of that will be gone. Most of the rooms aren't decorated at all, and I'd love a few thousand more available so I could decorate without worry.