What next?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lee81, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Lee81 Augur

My guild and others are contemplating what to do since the rotation has been broken... some are out of the raid game... time for player population to dwindle? I'm very disappointed, but I have other games to play in the meantime. Oh well.
  2. Edrixx Lorekeeper

I responded to your other post but will respond here as well.

Yes the dynamic of the server has changed and you need to adapt to the change if you want to continue to raid. Yes, you actually have to put a little effort into it outside of the prior system of showing up at X time on Y day.

Look into merging with other guilds in the same position and join the rotation with a larger force.

Your rotation spot will be respected by all but one guild and to be perfectly honest, it doesn't take many to kill a dragon. Nearly everyone has at least two characters so it'd require about 20 people (each bringing two) to kill nearly everything. This isn't exactly something that should be out of reach for any guild.

Setting up a bat phone is easy as well. A good portion of the EQ community can easily login for 30 minutes or less to kill something if they got notified. The problem is not having a bat phone and relying on people to just be online when X spawns.
  3. Lee81 Augur

Um... no. I have a daytime career and a life. I don't have a surgeon's hours to dedicate to a game. I'm not a college student with nothing better to do. I am not paying for a game just to watch other's progress. This is the reason for the huge departure within 2004. I'm pretty sure much of the gains in population will be lost with this in-fighting and drama. A lot of players have been feeling this sentiment since classic eq in 1998 until 2004. It's the same old wheel of failure.
  4. Edrixx Lorekeeper

Surely you have 20 minutes to login when you get a bat phone right? I probably spend LESS time in the game than you do and I'm able to raid consistently because of the bat phone.
  5. Lee81 Augur

Nope, I will not live for and dedicate any time in that fashion. I won't wake up and can't dedicate any time to raid targets that spawn within morning or daytime hours. With this FFA schedule, I am effectively done because there are other guilds to contest. There is no way that my guild can contest the top 2 on this server.
  6. Jaime Lannister Augur

Sounds like you're playing the wrong game. You should probably quit.
    You could have read about the 2 previous TLP servers to find out exactly what to expect and save yourself a bunch of time.

I hear there's a new instanced no box server being made just for you. Why not take a break and come back when it releases.
  7. Deadlyfury New Member

This is very narrow minded towards the community that plays this game now a days.

I woukd sit tight because I thibk instancing will be coming soon.

The only good suggestion I can see there is to maybe merge with a larger guild, lots of them dont have mandatory raiding these days and they have batphones but really just to let people know something has spawned.
  8. Nerdz Elder

Pretty sure a vast majority of players in EQ are 30+ years old in other words likely out of college and in a career. I am also pretty sure 2004 EQ was about the time they started instancing content so your mass departure theory on why people left is a bit flawed.

That all being said, sadly MM is really being quite childish in their ways at the moment and we can only hope that they realize that what they are doing is creating a community that resents them and doesn't respect them. Just because someone bullies you, it doesn't mean you have to go bully someone smaller than you just to get your point across. That is just counter productive.

I feel like, if they were run the way way they were on Fippy, they would last longer than any of the guilds out there and eventually thrive once instanced content comes out but they aren't run like they were on Fippy, They are creating a rift in the community which is going to ultimately hurt their recruitment and lead to their failure.
  9. frankie78227 Augur

Unsub and find something else to do? You can come back and pick right up if instancing goes in.
  10. Sheaffer Augur

What kind of jobs do people have that they can just stop working for 20 minutes to play Everquest? The only things I can think of are maybe IT jobs? Or work from home type jobs maybe?

If I tried to even download eq on a work computer I'm pretty sure I'd be out of a job quickly.
    Starr and toddv like this.
  11. Edrixx Lorekeeper

It's a general statement. My point is that you would be surprised of how many people can login for 20 minutes to kill a raid target where as the alternative is just hoping that people are on when a raid target spawns.

If your bat phone doesn't pull the numbers needed for morning/day raids, then that's fine. What happens when your mob is up during your prime time and you don't have the numbers? Don't rely on people to be online just fooling around because once you're 50 and have your planar gear, there's not a whole lot of reason to play outside of leveling alts and raid content. If you sent out a bat phone that Nagafen is up, you will pull in those players that are watching TV, playing other games, etc.
  12. Tulgin Augur

Stick around for a few more days and see what happens. I don't expect DBG to sit around while MM troll an entire server, I suspect they will either be suspended or get fed up losing dps races and disband of their own accord.

While the rotation is still active I wouldn't give up hope. If it becomes FFA? Yeah ok time to quit and wait for instances.
  13. Edrixx Lorekeeper

DBG won't get involved. They made the mistake of getting involved previously and created a huge headache for themselves.

The server will level itself out though - I do agree with that.
  14. Croak Augur

There is always the option of returning the rotation to the state immediately before enforcement was removed and then having a real scheduled meeting. The enforcement was only meant for extreme cases anyway...
    MM have already said if there was a real vote they would go along with it.

You may find a goodwill modification to increase the non-rotation "community" allocation on all mobs significantly would go a long way to encourage adoption by the whole server, and also reduce the number of guilds that have a protected slot.
    It is fairly easy to say that on any "non-rotation" encounter you can't have more than 50% of the raid comprised from a single guild if others wish to join in... enforced co-operation.
    Lots of guilds would be better served doing co-operative raiding.

Another interesting modification would be to have an assigned Efreeti day (in addition to any FFA), you might have to give up dragons, or gods, or both (you could still challenge on FFA).
    That would then give each guild the option to have more of what they want.
    lockjaws likes this.
  15. Risiko Augur

I always love seeing people saying things like "this game isn't for you. quit" or "dont let the door hit you in the butt", and then later on they are saying "why is this game's population so low?"
    toddv, Hateseeker, Gemstones and 2 others like this.
  16. Lee81 Augur

I am not going to be a part of a guild where there are hundreds of people. There is no fun in this. Also, it's very limiting to what you may receive. It's so random. I would be lost in all that.
  17. lockjaws Augur

2 of my 3 accounts are un-subbed (expired krono) now awaiting what's going on with instancing, rotations, etc. Shame since I'm in a top raiding guild, but I just don't want to poopsock raid content all day. My 3rd account has a week left on it, so we'll see!
  18. Edrixx Lorekeeper

ok?

I assume this is one of those passive aggressive type posts that tells DBG that they no longer have your business unless they do X. I'm sure you can find their customer support e-mail on their website.
  19. Porygon Augur

Yes. MM is being childish, because we are standing up to a bully. Seems legit.
  20. Edrixx Lorekeeper

Yes, we get it. You have a few MM members that have been pounding this rhetoric into the ground for several days now. Make sure you tell the casual guilds that FI is the bully here as you're attempting to kill their rotation mob.

And before you say there is no rotation, yes there is a rotation that every guild but MM recognizes (DHS as well, but only since MM dropped out).