Bards.....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by flash000, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Zalamyr Augur

Honestly, if fade is the primary concern when it comes to mana after a rez, I think the simple solution would just be to give them an additional fade AA that has no mana cost but a 3 minute reuse (or whatever sounds appropriate). It serves the same purpose and doesn't involve messing with bard mana code.
  2. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Yes, we tend to die less, but is that a good reason for having the worst post-rez recovery capability?

That being said, I'm not too worried about our post-rez recovery (though I would like it if all rezzes gave the same mana/endurance as Call of the Wild) or the mana cost on Fade, or any of the other changes to Fade. The change that peeves me the most is the change to Lure.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

I've honestly never really heard bards complain about not being useful after a death. Since the latest changes I've heard other classes complain when they get a bad timed ae before they can hit breather after a rez.
  4. Leex Pewpewer

Honestly? Yes. They have to add some type of recovery process for Bards. A good Bard will almost never die on a raid, unless it's a wipe or some random act of stupidness happens.

Let me ask you something, would you trade avoiding more then half of all the AE"s in TDS, to have a higher mana reg? I wouldn't if I were you.
  5. LaVolta New Member

Avoiding half the TDS AEs is a function of the coding issues with bards and mana drain. Since these developers have shown a desire to fix broken issues, why should bards bank on this staying "as is" for the next expansion? Essentially, we could get hit by ALL AEs next expansion AND have our mana issues. Yeah, cool....
  6. Leex Pewpewer

What if questions are always fun...

IF they do, it will suck for Bards. You all shouldn't be dying that much either way though, you don't DPS( Not really ) and you don't heal, you don't tank or try to gain aggro during raids. You have instant fades with no refresh time. Besides a wipe I still don't see this hindering a Bard all that much..Even in lower tier guilds, their bards are probably the last to die.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  7. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

At raids tonight:

[Thu Oct 01 18:45:03 2015] Your Voice of Silisia Rk. III spell has worn off of a scavenger magicae anteq.
    [Thu Oct 01 18:45:03 2015] a scavenger magicae anteq clicks its bony tail together and emits a piercing shrill.
    [Thu Oct 01 18:45:03 2015] A scavenger magicae anteq hits YOU for 20244 points of damage.
    [Thu Oct 01 18:45:03 2015] A scavenger magicae anteq tries to hit YOU, but misses!
    [Thu Oct 01 18:45:03 2015] A scavenger magicae anteq hits YOU for 27111 points of damage.
    [Thu Oct 01 18:45:03 2015] A scavenger magicae anteq hits YOU for 30544 points of damage.
    [Thu Oct 01 18:45:03 2015] a scavenger magicae anteq begins to cast a spell. <Mana Parasite>
    [Thu Oct 01 18:45:03 2015] You are stunned!
    [Thu Oct 01 18:45:03 2015] The parasite surges forward and briefly attaches itself to you.
    [Thu Oct 01 18:45:04 2015] You can't cast spells while stunned!
    [Thu Oct 01 18:45:05 2015] a scavenger magicae anteq latches on and gulps gluttonously, processed essence spewing from its tail.
    [Thu Oct 01 18:45:05 2015] A scavenger magicae anteq hits YOU for 24822 points of damage.
    [Thu Oct 01 18:45:05 2015] You have been slain by a scavenger magicae anteq!

Charm breaks, stunned in the same second, dead 2 seconds later. Fully buffed, raid geared, running tribute.

I noticed something disconcerting about the new fade costs. For reference, here's what the new costs look like (roughly, using +3.3% base cost per level):

[IMG]

The chart below shows how our mana regen changes once Aria starts to cost mana (during SoF), and includes the time (in seconds) it takes to regen 1 fade:

[IMG]

The fade cost increase doesn't scale evenly from 65-105. As our regen increases, we should be able to fade more often - but if the bard is playing Aria (which they absolutely should be), most of this mana regen is instead spent on songs. An increase in levels disproportionately increases the cost of fade - for SoF and beyond, Aria costs mana and we see a major increase in the time it takes to regen 1 fade. Later expansions should improve older abilities (or stagnate at worst), but fade actively becomes worse over time. It isn't until RoF that we see an improvement in the time it takes to regen 1 fade (compared to PoP).

I know the dev team has limited resources, but this last patch made sweeping changes to the game, with only 6 days on Test, 0 adjustments made, and the result pushed to live servers in spite of feedback and reported issues. I'm trying to be objective, and explain logically (with evidence) why these changes aren't working. Of course I'm biased because I'm a bard, but bards are exactly the players you want to hear from about changes to bard abilities - we have years of experience that make it easier to point out something you may have missed. When we hear nothing in reply, and see no further adjustments to abilities on Test, it makes it seem like a waste of time trying to build a case to make changes, and ultimately that it's pointless to slave away over posts that are not going to be considered (or even read).
  8. Kezlek Journeyman

Sad day, a moment of silence for the 20 bards, without a word of warning were banned/suspended. To 11 of them, we say good bye forever and to the other 9 see next week when you metamorph into a mage army!
    Motherlee likes this.
  9. Kezlek Journeyman

Not tlp, talking about the photo of bards. RIP vah shirs
  10. Derd Augur

I'm glad they were suspended. I still don't have any problems with the fade changes.
    Orbital101 likes this.
  11. Motherlee Augur

Why do you bother to post? 90% of the bards have a problem with it.

And the protesters probably just got booted and their guild name changed.
  12. Motherlee Augur

BANNED? For protesting? That is ridiculous! I've had people warp on top of a named in front of a GM and they only got a 4 day suspension! Someone was in a bad mood. I appeal on behalf of the Protesting Bards. Unban them.
  13. Vetplayer Elder

I WANT TO KNOW WHO DID THE CHANGES ON THE CLASS ABILITIES RECENTLY?

Who was it at Daybreak that grew a brain to nerf the abilities on players recently.

I want to know who it was.
  14. Derd Augur

Banned for making everyone else trying to get to guild hall have a bad day on that server, I'd say its ridiculous to do that more than it's ridiculous to ban them.

And I promise to stop posting when you do motherlee, unless I missed the memo that only people that agree with you are allowed :)
    Tarvas and Vetplayer like this.
  15. Kobrah Augur

Did you hit fade? I hit bard's hate aa to get the mob close .. when I take a hit fade it off then charm lands ... np ... Take a hit or 2 .. fade it .. Saves you that trouble. You can still fade while stunned.
  16. Leex Pewpewer

You say you're raid geared, running tribute and fully buffed, but yet you don't even hit 105k HPs? Ok, strange...

Why didn't you try to fade? Why didn't you have a DI on? Why didn't your healer get a fast heal off?

To me this doesn't even have anything to do with the changes made to Bard, but your own performance playing a Bard.
  17. Kezlek Journeyman

Only one entrance to guild hall was blocked for one day, than they moved to a hallway and from the time I was at keyboard no one was hindered for more than a few seconds(running through centre by magus is more of a roadblock). No warning was issued over the days they were afk in guild lobby and just like that 11 of them perma-banned(cause they never paid dbg) 9 of them were silvers so they only got 7 day suspensions. So its better to break a rotation or run than it is to do am afk protest against dbg. I checked everyday for tells and says and not once did dbg try to communicate with me to cease. Some of the permabanned had heroic(from the freebie offer they gave when they launched) toons as well as multiple years of vet rewards. So yeah what was being going on was silly, I don't feel its more silly than the out of proportion reaction. Next time you get KS'd, trained or watch that bot army day after day auto kill/loot, that standing still in a non-combat zone is worse.
    Motherlee likes this.
  18. Momentum Elder

I am so tired of reading your drivel in this thread. Hasn't your own class got some issues to discuss - you know, something you might have an understanding of? Because you clearly haven't the first clue about bards.
    JolineSZ likes this.
  19. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Protesting with virtual characters in a game? Is this what Americans have really devolved into?
  20. Orbital101 Augur

My bard told me that the change was noticeable on server up but after some time and small adjustment he feels like his head is out of is and that he is doing it right now. Instead of trying to intimidate the responsible why don't you go out and play your bard and at least give it a try. That or go look in the mirror.and will most likely find what you are looking for

May as well cut this short as there is nothing else to add
    Leex likes this.