Weapon AoE Procs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lighteningrod, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Lighteningrod Augur

I'm looking for caster weapons which proc an AoE and are obtainable prior to level 85. The weapons I currently have:
    I'm aware of the level 90 Hierophant's Crook from the Naggy raid which is unusable at my level. Does anyone have any ideas for upgrades, possibly one-off loot from DoDH or something similar to the Spore-Covered Rod?
  2. LaVolta New Member

3. Lighteningrod Augur

Yes, thank you. I was looking for upgrades to the above, not necessarily collectors items.
  4. LaVolta New Member

As you are listed as a 75 Ranger asking about caster weapons and want ones that are upgrades and apparently usable around a certain level, perhaps you be more specific then?

"I'm looking for caster weapons which proc an AoE and are obtainable prior to level 85."
  5. Lighteningrod Augur

lol ... Wut?

Listing the current weapons, the target class, the target level, the type of proc, and stating the desire to upgrade is about as straight forward as one could get. I'm at a complete loss of how to be more specific.
  6. menown Augur

7. LaVolta New Member

You probably already listed some of the better AE procs in the heroic character range. You are reaching the levels where casters generally don't want to be in melee range especially generating a lot of agro on multiple mobs.

When looking for "upgrades", look at a higher level item to see how much higher it really goes:
    Gilded Hammer of Ro's Light procs: Ember Blast usable at level 100 by ALL except BRD ROG.
  8. Lighteningrod Augur

9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

For the record, the Argin raid hammer is a rare/chase item, and probably doesn't meet your "available before level 85" criteria, unless you have access to a raiding guild that gives out rares, fwiw. Or if you can unlock the achievement it's only 360 t2 raid currency, or ~8 weeks straight if clearing rot, Argin, void and PoWar raids ;).

As pbae are generally the best for this kinda thing, that hammer should be the current best in slot for most.

I was also a little confused on the question as well, lacking what your purpose/use was for the weapons. Power leveling? Many casters get ae spells obviously...
  10. Lighteningrod Augur

The purpose is to have weapons that proc an AoE.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

To what end? And as what caster class? Many classes get much better spell options, and while others do not, proc damage is generally so poor that even swarming weakish mobs you'd be better off with a variety of other kill methods if you care about dps at all.

Just curious is all, since you said you were looking for upgrades and not collectors items.
  12. Lighteningrod Augur

Farming zone drops for Hero's Journey Achievements such as Efreeti Armor and BiC keys. Standard setup is SHK, BER, BRD, RNG, ENC, MAG. Running 3 x Fabled Coral Hilted Tulwar and 2 x Spore-Covered Rod will kill often kill a swarm of mobs before the first cast would finish and definitely before the spell would refresh.
  13. Brogett Augur

I don't understand why a caster would want a *weapon* with an AE proc when they can just cast AE themselves without the randomness of procs.

As for melee, see http://lucy.fnord.net/item.html?id=5160. PBAE proc.
  14. Schadenfreude Augur

Interesting. How are you going to go about acquiring this weapon?
  15. Lighteningrod Augur

The same way I've acquired everything else ... by playing the game?