Character is gone... support not responding

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Finnster, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Finnster Elder

a few days ago, I want to log in my character, he is at character select, but I keep getting the message that the zone is unavailable. Since I have a char on another account in this exact same zone, I restart EQ. From now on my character is missing from character select. Apparently, he is still listed as a guild member, so he can't really be deleted.

I opened a support ticket, but waiting a few days now for a response.

I re-installed the game, still nothing.

Is there any way to get customer support to look into my support ticket?
  2. Drewie Augur

I had the exact same problem two weeks ago, tried to log in PoK, got "zone unavailable" a few times, could log on another character in another zone, then my main character was gone. I sent a petition and my character was restored 2 days later.
  3. Finnster Elder

thanks, that's good to know.

But I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up high to get it done before the weekend
  4. Brudal Augur

Have you tried return home or is your home city the zone you can't log in to?

Disregard, missed the part about the character missing.
  5. Finnster Elder

now if only somebody looked into that ticket....
  6. Wraithlord1998 New Member

I sincerely wish you all the best. Friend of mine is going on 4 1/2 weeks for something similar. Ticket response time is ridiculously slow. They laid off way too many support reps to get any sort of reasonable response times.
  7. Merrigrin New Member

My characters are gone, too, but I did not have the "Zone Unavailable" message. They were just gone. Items and money gone, too. Last time I logged in (over 1 year ago) I deleted all my other characters saving my level 38 Bard (my first character back in 2001).

My shared bank seems to be not shared, also, between the 2 new characters I created just to check it out. I place a backpack full of vendor trash into the shared bank slots and it does not appear in my other character's bank. Nor does the money I dropped in there.

I am a "free" player right now and wonder of this something new Daybreak implemented as I have not logged in since long before they took over (over 1 year).
  8. Ghubuk Augur

IIRC, f2p accounts do not have access to a shared bank.
  9. Merrigrin New Member

Ah! Thanks. I thought as much :)
  10. Hostile Meat Wizard Elder

That is incorrect.

Free-to-play accounts do have access to the top 2 shared bank slots; the bottom 2 should also be available if you've purchased CotF, as those slots are a feature of that expansion.

However, if you haven't purchased CotF and you use the bottom 2 shared bank slots, the items in those slots will disappear when you log that character out. I'm not sure what happens to them or if they eventually reappear somewhere, but they weren't in the bank, in bags, or in parcels when I tested this out on my f2p account (I tested this on a silver account as well, and it works the same way).

Money can also be shared by characters on a f2p account.. I'm unsure if there's a limit on how much you can share as I just tested it with a small amount of plat, but it worked just fine for that.
  11. Wraithlord1998 New Member

It sometimes takes a while, but it should eventually end up in your parcels. Please note that I said should; there have been reports of said items sometimes vanishing into cyberspace.