Raid difficulty upgrade

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drakang, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Drakang Augur

Thanks for making the ARX raids harder. Some had gotten very easy. But the fade, Lull, and HA/MM changes all make the raids harder and result in a lot more dead people. Not being able to fade off rampage sucks.

Hopefully the caster change goes live soon since wizards are useless on raids atm.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  2. Fidde Lorekeeper

3. Leex Pewpewer

:eek:
  4. Maurasi Journeyman

On Test now....

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/test-update-09-24-15.226818/

- Fixed a bug that caused spells with a recourse component to cause triggered spells to hit the caster rather than the caster's target. This is most notable in the case where the wizard claw line of spells would cause effects such as Pyromancy to harm the wizard rather than the wizard's target.
  5. Axxius Augur

Lull? Where in Arx were you using that? Just curious.
    Iila likes this.
  6. Famka Elder

Probably on their raidleader.
  7. Drakang Augur

Sorry short hand. Bard Lullaby songs. Nice when you need to pile up a few mobs in separate areas to make mezzing easier. Can no longer bunch up or move a pile of mobs around where they are easier for an enchanter to see oh say 3 groups of 5.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

Thats incorrect. Warriors have a disc, which is a cone shaped drag ability. Warriors should be well within their talent levels , of doing the dragging of mobs, into a pile ..

I've done this on multiple servers in multiple guilds .. so its a viable / legit strat / ability.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  9. Whulfgar Augur

Arx raids harder now tho eh .. MAN I CANT WAIT FOR RAID DAYS ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ! ! ! !
  10. Devildawg Elder

Everyone seriously does need to hug a wizard when they log in :p Hug them. Tell them it's going to be ok. Maybe slip one a few plat to play on test a couple days a week :D Just don't do anything illegal to them! No means no.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  11. Kobrah Augur

for some reason this made me lmao
  12. Zunnoab Augur

The fact they did this with seemingly no thought that they may outright destroy raid forces that do not have the most stable numbers astounds me. I'm glad my guild has enough turnout right now that it didn't stop us in our tracks. I'm sure some others may not be so lucky. Just ridiculous.

Especially on the rampage. It's utterly ridiculous this way. It's dangerous even to outright tanks in Arx, and now there is no way for people to ditch it? Please spare me the "tag ramp and never have the ramp tank die play perfectly" excuses if any are coming too. Memory blurring is at best roulette too. Just ridiculous.

The addition of fade abilities to other classes (I say this as a bard) helped tremendously. Now they are turning back the clock and rolling back improvements to the game, all for what some appeal to nostalgia?
    Garshok likes this.
  13. Axxius Augur

You mean Lure, not lullaby. Yeah, losing the ability to adjust the mob pile is going to hurt some.

I'm more concerned about the rootable mobs in Arx 4 and boss rampage in Arx 5. If those raids were designed and tested with these mechanics already working this way, they would probably be adjusted. But now we get these changes all of a sudden, and of course nobody is going to adjust Arx raids.

Can't wait to see how many rezzes we're going to need on Monday... :rolleyes:
  14. Zunnoab Augur

Lure is an amazingly useful and fun ability. I'm not even sure why it was nerfed either, considering it's not even that useful for pulling.

I mean I have used Lure when pulling, but only for very marginal gains. It has to be timed perfectly and rarely gives any advantage to the pull. Lure is a crowd control mechanic. I see no reason for them to have done this to it other than to just remove utility.
  15. Lianeb Augur

Do you mean this one?

Or this one?
    I think you mean Forceful attraction but obviously didn't realize it got nerfed also.
    Koryu and Mayfaire like this.
  16. Zunnoab Augur

It's like introducing an ability for a purpose, and then changing an ability so it can't be used for that purpose. The most ridiculous excuse I saw was to have people pay attention to move a mob into position. How does that improve the fun factor of the game at all, considering that's kind of the entire point of being able to move mobs?
  17. Garshok Augur

And then meanwhile, don't adjust mechanics of existing content built around pre-nerf abilities.