Thanks for the patch. - Deleted my toons. GL.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vetplayer, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

I think what is frustrating for the OP is the complete lack of any sort of accountability to the player, and feeling like we don't have any voice in the changes, or that our concerns aren't being listened to, taken into consideration, etc. I think Sancus or someone summed it up pretty well in our concern as to whether changes are justified or not. I know as a mage I've been super frustrated with the changes lately, and don't feel considered in the least, nor do I see any indication that the development team won't randomly keep taking things away. At some point, if someone you play with keeps taking your toys, you find someone else to play with, right?
  2. kraggnar Elder

They use the cleric fade when the tanks can't control agro on raids. This could be from rampage getting lost and them not knowing how to set up an extended target bar or them over healing on pulls.
  3. mackal Augur

The CLR can still fade when that happens though ... they just don't have 100% reliable fade. So tanks need to stop sucking or they need to learn how to heal on a pull?

EDIT: It probably was a bigger issue with melee toons being able to hit their OOC regen disc mid combat, which probably caused them to look into the abilities and realize the issues.
    complexication likes this.
  4. bbanz Elder

cleric fade was great when getting agro from smite or turn undead.
  5. Reval Augur

Misery loves company! Next maybe Daybreak can make it so extended target scrambles the order when new npc's are aggroed so it isn't in order for everyone, and make it so that as characters get older, they age and have a prime and then become too old to dps, heal, or tank well. Have a taste of the Zek life.

[IMG]
  6. Melanippe Augur

Why is it some people insist on making excuses for DBG and the developers when it is obvious that patches like this are not fully tested prior to going live? Why is it some people insist on making excuses for DBG and the developers when the developers have obviously ignored feedback from Test?

The fact that it is "only a game" is no reason to not expect quality. It seems though that quality isn't something that is considered high priority. Sad that it appears that mediocre is now the acceptable standard. :(
    Iila, Motherlee and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  7. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Damn, I wanted your stuff first.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  8. Kobrah Augur

Too late, his stuffs has been claimed.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  9. Elricvonclief Augur

Dangit, I'm always too late for these things.

Did he have any good stuff?
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Silent Casting is a pretty cool AA...
  11. Sindaiann Augur

No posts had "Silv" as the user since page 2, so I skipped everything to the end like a bad book!

lmfao
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Mournblade Lorekeeper

I'm not seeing the big deal over the Cleric fade and I've been playing since 1999. If the OP wants to quit over this, it's probably a good time to walk away and smell the roses that is considered real life.
    mystic37 likes this.
  13. Zunnoab Augur

I admit this concerns me.

I've been tempted to make a poll about the one shot raids for example. I recall them getting almost universally panned and they went through with it anyway, and only one of the two (Vitio) is trivial enough to warrant the one shot status and even then the very idea of it annoys me.
    Garshok likes this.
  14. Reval Augur

These conversations never really hit the root of the problem. You end up with people saying "don't fix this, fix my thing instead" over and over, but be quiet random poster and let the adults talk. What we need to be able to do realistically is ask for more devs. So how do you go about that? How much money is daybreak making off of us? Is there enough space for another dev in the budget, and if not, why not?

People make excuses for devs because they know the devs are the people that fix things. Give them a break. What's yelling at them going to do? It's not like they're really in control of what gets done and what doesn't. If a dev makes mistakes, they are probably learning something new, and maaaybe they should hire up some testers. I know there isn't a direct correlation between money spent and quality of product, but there definitely is some. So the real issue is not that people are making excuses for them, but rather that someone higher up, above the devs, doesn't really understand this situation, and doesn't really care about the product that he/she is responsible for to the extent that people playing the game want. Maybe they're doing the right thing and we just want something unreasonable. Who knows! Without transparency, you can't make that sort of judgement.

So the question arises. How do you ask for more devs for a video game? I mean seriously. How. How do you open up this dialogue?

Also, this is like christmas to me.
    Motherlee and Garshok like this.
  15. Zunnoab Augur

Feedback is essential. If the feedback is common enough (more than just a couple vocal people) they kind of have to notice it or at least acknowledge it.

A good example, oddly enough, is the ability to hide helmets. They really did not want to do that, but it was added eventually so it must have been requested a lot.
    Motherlee likes this.
  16. Reval Augur

Have at it my joyful chum! On top of the boards here, there is a JIRA that you can just make accounts for via email. You could make 80 jira accounts for free, and then your issue would be the most important issue! That's why I tell them they should use the boards for this so that they can see which ones are from paying accounts. The polling for interest system is sort of broken outside of when they post surveys in game, which still logistically works. Assuming they know which accounts pay them money.

And as you try to communicate your point, and it falls to the wayside time and time again, let the hatred well within you, and redeem it for full value by only giving tips to waiters and waitresses that did a bad job, and not tipping good ones!*

[IMG]

*The poster of this message is over 30 years old.
  17. Garshok Augur

I took the 160 days gold to mean that he had 160 days paid (gold) time left. Good point re: guild, etc. though.

I will say though i understand the frustration, This nerf doesn't hit me (SK) as hard as the others . . . doubt it will make much difference in day to day play. But when stuff that has been around for five+ years gets nerfed without any discussion . . . . yeah, it's a bit of a pi$$er.

I still have accounts that I haven't gotten TDS for because of last year's nerf frenzy. First time I haven't gotten an expansion for all the boxes. This nerf won't impact me much . . . not looking at rage quitting. But this makes it more likely that I'm going neglect some of the boxes for another year and let them go silver.

Maybe there is some great reason for it everyone will agree with (yeah, right).

Seriously, though, if players could get some logical, coherent, internally consistent rationale for some of these changes, I think it would help. I'm not saying that I need to agree with it - I just want to see one that considers second and third order effects and the devs still say 'yup, that's what we want to have happen and here's why.' I may not agree with the devs judgement - but I at least want to see that there is some.

Instead, we get things like 'let's randomly set one class's pulling ability back to the last decade,' and 'let's nerf all older content t in the name of making it best to play in new content, but meanwhile make a daily task system where the best exp is to hit up one year old content. At least for three missions a day.'

/boggle
    beryon and Motherlee like this.
  18. Motherlee Augur

Stupid comment! Trolls troll because they're mad about something. People are mad and YOU'RE NOT HEARING THEM.
    Melanippe and Vetplayer like this.
  19. Zunnoab Augur

No, trolls post something with the intent of stirring up drama and don't even necessarily mean what they say. Genuine anger is not trolling. I'm debating deactivating an alternate account over this. How else to send a message of how much it disgusts me?
  20. Eriadoc Elder

I played from opening day through the first month or so of the Gates of Discord expansion. When I left, I didn't say anything to anyone, I just stopped paying and stopped playing. I came back in 2011 because I'd heard good things. In the meantime, that was several years of lost income for them. I wonder if the company noticed or cared. I wonder if a little feedback might have helped them. I wonder if they would have been smart enough to take feedback and do anything with it. In the end, I figure they don't care, are unwilling to accept and/or incapable of sorting exit feedback. And most of all, I don't actually care to help them because of my perception that they don't care about me as a customer or as a contributing member of my server community. It's like when you leave a crappy job - some people want to do an exit interview because they want to vent. If I've reached the point where I'm leaving, I no longer care enough about that company to help them in any way, shape, or form. So I have always refused exit interviews.

I'll keep bouncing between toons that aren't currently nerfed until I get frustrated enough and then I'll stop paying and stop playing again. And this post is all the warning and feedback they'll get. It's your world, Daybreak. You can make it be any way you like.
    Motherlee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.