why isnt cultural live with kunark??

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elthorien, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Elthorien Elder

yes, cultural player made armor was live kunark... i can prove this...
    the warrior best of the best was sept 2000
    the magician best of the best was pre-velious as well... however... a restriction was placed on the magician best of the best tourny... in that only player made gear could be used (this was later removed if i recall) and my mage was blacksmithing the crap ouf of the imbued mithril chain for a few highelf mages... i also know that i was makeing the crap out of it for druids

why is it not active with kunark on ragefire???
  2. Lotusfly Elder

YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH
  3. Catashe Augur

Probably cause old cultural was changed in Velious to removed the Gem requirement enchant spells... So the cultural is probably flagged Velious
  4. Elthorien Elder

there was never a "gem" requirement for spells like enchant mithril or enchant steel or enchant adamantite that recall from back then.. and i was a pretty hard core blacksmith
  5. Catashe Augur

Hate to break it to you but it was... Mithril/Adamantite required a Blue Diamond and Brellium required a Jacinth(however you spell it) The gem requirements were removed 4-5ish months after the launch of Velious
  6. Elthorien Elder

will take your word for it... my memory is a bit foggy around that time frame ... still does not change the fact that cultural was live during kunark and should be so now
  7. Catashe Augur

And just to prove it... http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2001-1.html

------------------------------
    April 17, 2001 3:00 am
    ------------------------------

** Spell Changes **

- Removed Gem component from the following spells. They will now only
    require the metal components. These are the Enchant spells for making
    cultural armor.

Enchant Velium
    Enchant Mithril
    Enchant Adamantite
    Enchant Steel
  8. Catashe Augur

Hey I'm just trying to give a reason why the stuff isn't flagged Kunark =) After all the weird stuff being misflagged... Like the Drop of Sunlight or whatever that drops off of Sand Giants being flagged OoW or some weird s***
  9. Gremin Augur

They have always linked cultural such as this to Velious, otherwise it would be a game breaker to be honest. Hopefully, they do the same again.
  10. Catashe Augur

It really ain't that bad, I find it a good mid point for tradeable armor and preraid gear.
  11. Gremin Augur

12. Catashe Augur

Pretty much everything on that list that doesn't have a trivial of 335 is the old Kunark cultural.. The stuff that has just AC and some stats and doesn't have HP or Mana..

I mean you can't call the stuff like

Imbued Koada`Dal Mithril Cuirass
    MAGIC ITEM
    Slot: CHEST
    AC: 26
    DEX: +10 CHA: +8 WIS: +5
    WT: 5.2 Size: LARGE
    Class: WAR CLR PAL BRD
    Race: ELF HIE HEF
    Deity: Tunare
    Slot type 7:empty

As OP for the Kunark era because it ain't.. Its totally the Kunark cult armor.. Sure until 5 months after Velious it had a gem requirement but sadly by then it really was barely twink gear... Its comparable to dropped gear but doesn't reach the power of Plane/Dragon gear.
  13. Elthorien Elder

if they use the argument that the removal of the gem component flags it for velious, then ALL cleric symbol spells should not be useable until omens of war or there abouts because they had the gem component removed around that time frame ....

there has to be another reason...

it can not be game ballance...

The Hole did not go live until velious, and the caster gear that drops there far over powers alot of the gear in classic or kunark and is even better then the cultural made stuff...
  14. Elthorien Elder

the Artkeeper, Blessed Artkeeper, Full Mithril, Blessed Full mithril are known as "blue diamond cultural" (because they needed blue diamonds to make the armor) and did not go live until shadows of luclin (and it pissed all the raiders off at that time too cause filthy casuals got gear almost as good as ntov raid class armor)

the koada'dal mithril, imbued koada'dal mithril, elven chain, imbued elven chain enchanted elven chain.. that was all live with kunark
  15. Bewts Augur

So my Dwarf Smith is stuck making Mistletoe Cutting Sickles until Velious from 188 - 250?

In case a Dev stumbles upon this that can do something, this is the only avenue for advancement for many races.

Just checking so I know what to do with the stacks of tempers I've been hoarding.

WTB race change potions on Lockjaw.
  16. -wycca Augur

....not accurate

April 18th 2000 = Kunark launch
    June 22nd 2000 = Hole launch
    Sept 19th 2000 = Epic quests go in
    Dec 5th, 2000 = Velious launch
  17. Catashe Augur

I'm just saying that it might be the reason for why it might be flagged Velious cause we all know they didn't go through every time to flag it for a certain timeframe.. Most likely that just used a program to flag items based on when the item was last changed... Which is why it was weird that the Drop of Sunlight(whatever it was) for human cultural was flagged for something crazy like OoW cause a Epic weapon for that time period required it or something like that
  18. -wycca Augur

If you dig through old old posts about the last round of TLP's, you'll see Maddoc talking about deciding which expansion it falls in based on how good it is, not when it went in. I bet the primary culprit is Fierce Heraldic and such.
  19. Gremin Augur

Bingo
  20. Catashe Augur

Funny since I always considered the Fierce Heraldic nothing more than twink gear or fill gear when you got nothing better since by the time it was introduced it wasn't even remotely close to the raid gear at the time