Krono - Where is it, and what does it do?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Slaytanic, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Slaytanic New Member

So, this morning, I tried to upgrade my secondary account to all access. For whatever reason it kept giving me an error message, and refused to take payment. It did however allow me to buy a Krono.

So here I sit, hours later no Krono, and now that I am reading about the Krono, it does not grant all access, which the way it was written, I thought it would for free to play accts. There was no disclaimer telling me it would take so long to get before my purchase (now im reading it can take up to 48 hours? WTF) And no real "here is what a krono does when you redeem it on a free to play account".

So my question is for anyone who has ever redeemed a Krono on a free to play account: What does the Krono do for a free to play account? Can I access the better mercs, have 8 chars and get the daybreak cash? I am confused by the googled info as these things have changed since the Krono was introduced. Any info would be awesome.
  2. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

It can take up to 48 hours for a krono to be delivered from Daybreak. They have this automated system that checks for fraud before delivering it to you and then the system has a queue. The best method is to buy from other players with plat if you have enough.
  3. Slaytanic New Member

Yeah. Lesson learned. I only bought one because I couldnt buy all access for whatever reason. They need to have a disclaimer telling you how long it can take, as all other cash purchases are almost instant.

Still looking for info on what a krono does for a free to play account.
  4. Stickietoes Augur

It gives that account 30 days of gold/all access
  5. Foxxbott Lorekeeper

You'll have all access, so yes everything will apply. The only thing you won't get is the station cash.
  6. Slaytanic New Member

Will it enable the auto grant AA's? This is mostly what I am concerned about.
  7. Riou EQResource

Yes and Krono do give the DBC though that you normally get for being all access (500)
    Iila likes this.
  8. Foxxbott Lorekeeper

Oh really?! I remember when they first introduced Krono they were not offering the DBC cash, found that out by consuming one and being disappointed. I am happy to hear they have changed that!
  9. Riou EQResource

Yea, to get it at that time you just had to extend your normal monthly payment with Krono and not let it lapse. Since the change to all access vs nothing though it now gives it :)
    Foxxbott likes this.
  10. Tronk Augur

The point of Krono is to be trade-able in-game though, unlike Gamecards. So you wouldn't normally buy a Krono to use yourself, since it is expansive compared to a $15 sub or a Gamecard.

Otherwise, when you consume the Krono it is just like any other sub. Yes it includes the 500 station cash points (be sure to redeem it in the Store, top left side has a button for that). It's isn't automatically applied to your account.