Fix epics

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Theseus, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Theseus Lorekeeper

Dear Daybreak, can you code epics so they can't be multi-quested? Selling epics on Project 1999 has led to greedy behavior and many of us believe it destroys having to work hard and being dependent on others. What sense of pride is there for a rogue who paid for his Ragebringer?
    Norathorr likes this.
  2. Simone Augur

Allowing them to be multiquestable makes it easier for casual players to actually acquire their epics as that might be the only way they are able complete it.

Also most people don't care about the "pride" of doing it all themselves. Most people simply want to have the best in slot item for the era and that's what the epics for most classes are.
  3. Soon Augur

Although I have few pieces of epic item that can be sold for some kronos, I somewhat agree with OP.
  4. Feradach Augur

Allowing the Harbingers on RF/LJ would get rid of a lot of that. During beta, it was stated the Harbingers would *not* be in game when Kunark launched. Really hoping they change their minds on that one.
    Croak likes this.
  5. Croak Augur

If I had access to killing stuff in Sky (for my own epics) and there was noone in zone or in general who could get to them in time, I think it would be very wasteful to not be able to loot the epic drop so I could give it away to someone later.

I have no idea if guilds are hanging onto drops like Swirling Sphere of Color on mules for later multi-questing rather than immediately granting them to appropriate classes. They are not that rare, and LORE so I would imagine many guild mules already have them.

Having multi-questing as an option is a double-edged sword.

By nature I am a really trusting person. Sometimes it works, sometimes I get screwed

I trust people every day sending out items by parcel with no guarantee of payment. I stopped counting when I hit over 3000 parcels sent that way to customers - I have never had a payment default.
    I trusted the rotation guilds would somehow accommodate non-rotation players in Sky in a fair and timely manner - so far that trust is misplaced, especially considering the private messages of support I received.
    It is my belief that whilst there is a massive potential for good in opening up sky, of course people will also sell drops - guilds used to pay for their raiding costs selling Swirling Sphere of Color multiquests among other things during Kunark/Velious. The big issue is not people selling drops, but people selling drops from mobs to people restricted to accessing them.

Far more people will benefit from guild/generous multiquests than people selling them will ever find customers willing to buy them.
  6. Kibanu Augur

Having people camp things like Raster in Guk or Pawbuster in Karnors (granted, this one is a little different, group exp area) just to sell idols or pipes instead of letting monks camp them is what I'm afraid of happening. People will lock others out just to make plat to buy Kronos (or sell for Kronos outright). It's pretty pathetic. :(

I'm all for the guilds selling items that drop in raid zones if they don't need them, however.
  7. Zublak Augur

You can beat the farmer. Just be clever or bring more fire power ;)
    Marthisdil likes this.
  8. Thegoat Elder

Paying 10 krono for Ragebringer !
  9. Simone Augur

Well with Guk being instanced that should be less of a problem. Also it seems unlikely that a farmer would choose Rastur as a farm target since it seems like there would be farm more efficient ways for them to make money.
  10. Asheran Augur

Considering my guild, and at least a few other guilds on the server, have been stockpiling various epic items for multiquest, this would be horrible. The only way they could remove the ability to multi epics like this, without pissing off a huge portion of the community, would be to do it BEFORE a server launched.

So, no. Not on these TLPs. It would likely lead to a huge number of people quitting the game.

On the no-box server? They could do it there, as long as it was announced before the launch. Since the server will have quite a few unique rules, it could work there. That said, multiquesting was always part of EQ. Honestly, I hate that they stopped letting things be multiquested in later expansions...it was always so useful.

You need to think about this a bit more...do you really think that removing multiquesting would stop that greed?

Instead of selling multiquests, people would just sell the loot rights to the items. This has already been happening on the server, but would just become more prevalent. I mean, I'll be perfectly honest, I've sold two Robes of the Lost Circle already. Since the Robe is such a good item at the moment, and Monks want to have it lined up for their epic, it is worth more to just sell it now, rather than multiquest it later. If multiquesting didn't work, then that would become (more) commonplace for the Phinny drops as well.
    Simone likes this.
  11. Freki Augur

not all portions of the epic can be multi-quested. some things require combines which make those items be on the player.. it was intended to be multi-questable. but I will not say I condone outrageous prices but with this, you can only do this on each character once so it takes time to get and then you have to break off to get the other parts again. it is not as much of an issue but then again there are the ones that don't care and spend the Real Money for this... me... i'm stocking my items... but sigh i am blocked by the mage armies!
  12. Porygon Augur

I can accommodate this, it would be within the first week of Kunark launching!
  13. Theseus Lorekeeper

The fix I want to see is coding epics so they can't be multiquested and Daybreak taking a cue from Project 1999. The TLPs should require you to be in yours 40s to equip an epic weapon. If you want an epic for your alt, you should play with others to level up, learn your class, and Experience the Journey.
  14. Freki Augur

project 1999 does not offer anything truly groundbreaking that DBG does not already have and has under their IP. I personally see P99 as a pirate site that feels justified because the company said we are going to not stop you but we can if we want.
    Simone likes this.
  15. Lowbrow67 Lorekeeper

Yeah fix epics. Doesn't matter that they aren't even officially in the game yet.
  16. Necromonious Augur

DBG can shut down your future Everquest small business venture if they feel like it and you are welcome to find another game

Much more of a hassle. I can see how this is going to hurt your projected Quarter 1 earnings ;)
  17. Theseus Lorekeeper

As long as your guild is a friendly place to be, members will stick around even if you don't hit your quarter one earnings. :)
  18. ntellect Augur

New to TLP. What is multi quest epic?
  19. Nolrog Augur

You're entire premise is false. Fix epics says that they are broken. Broken <> not the way you want them.

<> means not equal to (or not the same as).
    Simone likes this.
  20. Marthisdil Augur

I have a couple of extra Quillmane cloaks on Ragefire I might be able to talk into MQing for mage epics for people...if the price is right :)