i get back from work and i have been moved by a gm ??

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ripndobys, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Yara_AB Augur

I also had to read that passage twice to get the full extend. Pets and Mercs are just a deeper clarification that it also applies to those two cases where the general rule can be read like this:
    If a character is found performing actions while the user is away disciplianry action will be taken against the account.

I cannot blame DGC for making this clarification - in fact I like it because now everybody should pretty much know "where we are at".I also pretty much think that nobody needs to overly worry about being afk unless they hang around in a place where others would love to hunt, too, while non-afk.
  2. Numiko Augur

someone should post this on veterans too, I know lots of people on live servers use afk merc leveling to level up alts, which has been legal for years, this will be quite a change for them.
  3. Steampunk Augur

Oh, please no! I do not want to have to see that!
  4. Steampunk Augur

No, don't. Let them find out for themselves.
  5. code-zero Augur

Congratulations OP, it appears that because of your post and the reactions to it that the rules for being AFK have been clarified.
  6. Agrippa Augur

7. Lowbrow67 Lorekeeper

Funny if you look at OP's post history prior to today he tried complaining about afk farming. This post was a really effective troll. 4 pages and rule change
  8. Agrippa Augur

It's a troll, certainly, but it came two days after a rule change that they still haven't put in Everquest's Rules of Conduct. Nor are those rules easily found.
    Warpeace likes this.
  9. Tubben Elder

Well it will care no one on life servers, because you dont disrupt anyones playing experience if you go into an corner where no one else is.

It would care no one on TLP also, if you go into a corner where no one else is, but if i watch spots like the Ice giant right before Permafrost and see HOW OFTEN there are AFK Mages, killing the IG for 24/7, then something is wrong and need to be done.

So, if there is no one who calls the guides because of game disruption, no guide will come to enforce this. And on life no one will call a guide for this.
  10. Okial Augur

I like how no one noticed that a Senior Guide moved him. They can only submit up to a GM to actually suspend/do something about anything. And now OP has been MIA for awhile.. mhmmm
  11. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

When mercs first came about 5 years ago one of the first questions asked to the devs was if afking with mercs out or a pet to kill stuff while afk was legal. They said it was perfectly fine and intended, this annoyed lots of people but none the less they said it was legit. So he was doing something perfectly fine as long as no 3rd party programs were there. Unless they suddenly have decided to now change those rules without letting the population at large know about it.

I could care less either way but they need to openly let people know that they have reversed their stance on afk pets or mercs now since the TLP and holly have come about.
  12. Freki Augur

and here again is the term legal. i do not think you know what the term means. this is not illegal to do, just against the rules. there have been lots of things posted on this, this post did not make them change their wording. there is a lot more out there as well this post is not special.

afking has never been OK... it may have been tolerated and not enforced but it has never been perfectly OK... it's been seen as cheating. now with smaller staffs they let it go because there were bigger fish to fry... but it has always been seen as a form of boting both by the player base and the gms.
  13. Diemond Augur

Yes it's been changed, it is no longer allowable. At least on TLP.
  14. Numiko Augur

this is a post from Zatozia (then Community manager for EQ) back on Feb 10th 2010 on the subject, I could not fine anything after this, but the post make it clear, in a sort of wishy washy way that it was considered "not against the rules" back then.

15. Aghinem Augur

AFK killing doesn't make you a botter; but it does make you an ***hole.

I'm glad the policy against this practice is going to be enforced. You got too many people who abuse afk camping; and those with boxes do this in multiple instances of the zone to create a monopoly. Not really fair to others.
    Steampunk likes this.