Okay, I have a solution to your drama problems (To all Rotation Guilds)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RandomStrategy, Aug 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RandomStrategy Augur

Okay,

So I read all this bullcrap about breaking rotations and stuff, anger, cattiness, general childishness on everyone's part.

You want to settle disputes? I want entertainment (other than this drama). I propose a method for settling disputes like this:

Trial by Combat.

Someone breaking your rotation? Time for the guilds to duke it out on the rolling Qeynos Hills. Thousand man guild wars happening right before our eyes. MAKE IT HAPPEN ROSHEN.

Or....alternatively.....THUNDERDOME. Two man enter, one man leave. Also entertaining to watch. Pick your best oaf and send him into the ring to get beat on by another oaf. Hell, name them Conan, or Maximus for all I care (cliché). I just want some entertainment, because all I read is a bunch of hot air comin' out.....let's see what your guilds can really do in a fight with each other.

Some of this is satirical....some isn't. I don't really care about the planes, since I'm not even near going there yet...but I still say suspending an entire guild as what happened is stupid, and if it happened ever to the guild I'm in for whatever reason...I would definitely be cancelling my account. I am serious, I'd like to see a couple 3-500 man guilds duke it out in a single zone. Or even across multiple zones, think of it....the Karanas filled with warbands of MM, Faceless, TL.....

If you would like to see this happen, let the guild leaders know, cause I sure would like to see it happen (it'd be neat-o!).
  2. Batbener Augur

Or you could just end rotations, and play the game how it was intended.
  3. Kegwell Lurker since '99

End FFA, because if faceless cared, they would share.
    :)
  4. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

re activate /guildwar! In order to be a member of the rotation you must be at war with all other guilds in the rotation. You cannot group with, buff, or heal anyone outside of your guild that is at war with your guild.

edit; You can however freely kill FFA targets without being at war with any guild, but you cannot be apart of the rotation.
  5. Diemond Augur

Exactly, there was less drama before rotations, rotations are stupid, forced rotations are just .
    snubs likes this.
  6. Lifetap Augur

Subtle attempt at spawning more instances of QH to farm hadden/pyzjn confirmed.
    Simone and snubs like this.
  7. RandomStrategy Augur

They know boys! Cheese it! *runs away*

I'd like to say for the record my main character is a 36 paladin (who just got Ghoulbane and am loving it!). I have no reason to farm Pyzjn (Hadden....on the other hand.....)

But seriously, I'd be fine with them all in West Karana duking it out everywhere from the small towns....to the ogre camp, to the bandits, and even in the middle of the farmlands. Wouldn't that be an awesome sight to see?

Also corpses everywhere.
  8. Kattahn Elder

Yes, we should go back to how it was in classic, where we had ... rotations... on most servers...that just about all the guild followed...as well as first to engage/first in force rules...and all of this was followed pretty well for the entire half decade or so we had between launch and GoD.

Seriously, this argument all the time "ughhhh rotations so not classic"...what server were you on that had no form of rotations and was just openly free for all no rules no FTE/FiF DPS race everything?
  9. vardune Augur

Or. They could just load balance all the planes and dragons. More mobs and raid targets to kill, keep rotations. Its prety silly they havent. We all know that filthy casuals and smaller guilds should have a chance to raid but they should, they pay to play just like the rest of us. Locking out the plane of sky to everyone but 6 guilds is completely .
    snubs likes this.
  10. Jaxarale01 Augur

Except these ideas do not work because we have 2, 3, 4 and in some cases 5 times the population on these servers as were on servers back then.
    Simone and snubs like this.
  11. RandomStrategy Augur

But.......but mah sprawling war scenes.....

I don't know, maybe I've just heard tales about old GM events that would be neat to have happen again. I kinda wish I had the power to create some of those types of events.
  12. Elor Elder

we already do this.

seomen ~ faceless
  13. Elor Elder

Both guilds picked a champion to represent them at that CT spawn fun times were had by all. :)

seomen ~ faceless
  14. RandomStrategy Augur

Yeah...but....we weren't there to see it...

(in this video pictured: not me)

Elor likes this.
  15. Zarakii Augur

so it took 3 or more people 4 minutes to down one druid....

idk looked like that druid was alone and the faceless guy had a full group of support songs heals ect... seems legit
  16. Batbener Augur

Well, on Cazic the rotations were in place after the next xpac opened up. For current content, there were some first in force or first tagged rules that were always broken.

And furthermore, I never mentioned classic. The rules for the server, before launch were DPS wins. That's the server I signed up for, as did everyone else. It may not be my first choice, but nothing bothers me more than changing the rules mid game. It's a form of cheating to me.

Since it was a DPS server, I would have taken away memblur on boss mobs(or any named mob tbh) and made the spawn variance from 20 minutes to 5 days on each of the 4 big bosses. I would have made plane of hate and fear like Solb B, with the boss only spawning in the main instance. The casuals could still get their planer armor, and the hard cores could still race to targets.
  17. Zublak Augur

FFA with First in Force is fair in my eyes. That's how we handled it on Tarew Marr.

Raced, guild there first with the force to pull had the first chance. If they wiped, the next guild up had their shot, they wiped, the next guild up... etc...

What has to happen is the new guides on the server need to assist with this. I.E. Naggy spawns first guild there that pulls gets their chance, they fail, next guild steps up, allow the mob to regen. Do not allow socking. This is no the guilds to monitor. If there are more than say 24 members of a guild in a zone and it's obvious said boss is in window than they are punished for socking. Maybe adjustment to that rule in PoFear/PoHate with armor farming, but it's obvious when 50+ guild members are in PoH suddenly farming armor when it's obvious Inny is in window.

Long story short, FFA with First in Force is a good idea.
  18. Elor Elder

It wasn't a druid kiting, was a ranger vs. necromancer since no one wanted to sock CT. Ranger was bow kiting around fire ring for a bit with sky bow. If you watch the video yawg was acutally losing at first, but a well timed gather shadows when the ranger didn't have see invis up turns the tide in Yawgs favor, and then the necromancer dots, and life tap and its over.

Point I'm making is we don't always flame like these board warriors would have you believe. Most times we all get along well on lockjaw. There have been plenty of gentlemen agreements to settle disputes. The best I can figure is now that things are DBG enforced people have become more aggressive since they have a big bother that will take up for them now.

It is what it is, they move the goal post on us we just keep killing mobs if that means one mob every seven days so be it. :cool:

Now let have some fun and go play Everquest

seomen ~ faceless
  19. RadarX Augur

We're going to go ahead and close this one before it gets too much worse. Thanks for your feedback!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.