Following sky logic..

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MastShaman, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Makelite Augur

Not in a guild, think that was my point. Not very bright are you.....
    Batbener likes this.
  2. Protocol Dragon Defender

Then blame DBG for allowing players to vote on rules which can result in you being suspended for not reading the forums. You think I agree with this? I'm just playing by the rules that get put out here.
  3. Fiyero Augur

Lockjaw wasn't all that toxic before transfers and enforced rotations. Those really brought the server down.
  4. Lowbrow67 Lorekeeper

Never been happier to play on Ragefire. Your rotation is jacked. If you must rotate Sky have it be Horse island or higher that's where the long re spawn hits.
    The stuff about keys is kind of crap. You leave everyone not keyed on island one and have them each buy a coffin from Keymaster. (It's almost like this is how it is designed) then attack Keymaster to die. Get ported back up. Have necro who is on island you are trying to reach summon corpse then Rez corpse. Hand him a coffin for next person. Boom your raid is together.
    Punchu and snubs like this.
  5. Makelite Augur

Well nothing in this "googledoc of rules" mentions that it applies to the server, just to raid guilds and targets(36 people to be exact). Neither does it state anything about trash mobs in sky, hate, or fear, only actual raid targets yet they are treated differently. Nothing, and not even from DBG states that a user not in a raiding guild is not allowed in a raid zone to kill trash. In fact, the only people that have any say or agree to the document are the guilds so how can you make others follow it?

So as far as I'm concerned, this dribble means nothing to the casual grouper looking for a few no drop planar items. Are you going to report every person that enters sky at any time? Is that what this has become? Good luck having that enforced, I guarantee DBG isn't going to suspend random folks for killing the trash.
    Batbener, Punchu and snubs like this.
  6. Korillo Augur

Giving guilds an entire day in sky when the respawns are so short seems pretty ridiculous to me. Especially the first island, hard to believe anyone complained about people clearing island 1...

Rotations are one think but Lockjaw seems to be way over the top. I tried reading their rotation document once and found it to be more than a little absurd.
  7. Protocol Dragon Defender

You've already been proven wrong on that count. If DBG decided rotation rules only applied to guilds in the rotation then people could just leave the rotation, or just disband their guild but still operate as a singular entity.
  8. Kegwell Lurker since '99

Thank you Faceless, you REALLY CARE!!
    Kobra likes this.
  9. snubs Elder

100% this....wtf is the first island on a rotation??
    Batbener and Punchu like this.
  10. Makelite Augur

I was expecting that exact reply....they suspended a guild, your guild did not report a person, you reported a GUILD and cried about a GUILD on the forums, a guild that accepted the rules, the guild was suspended, not the person of interest, oh, and almost immediately retracted within DBG's operational time frame.

So no, I have not been proven wrong. Let me know how it goes when you report Tom A, B, and C from "no guild" for killing "your" trash mobs who had no idea of your rotation or rules set by guilds they aren't a part of. Nothing in the ToS that we all hit accept on mentions that if you aren't in said guilds, you give up the right to kill any loot dropping mobs capable of being killed by a group.

In fact, I encourage all folks not part of these rotation guilds to go kill sky trash for drops and such, might as well blow this ridiculous mindset out of the water cause I guarantee it will fall apart.
    Punchu and snubs like this.
  11. snubs Elder

with you on this one
  12. Fiyero Augur

FI didn't call for the guild to be suspended. Just for snubs to be removed from Sky before messing up the progression. DBG overreacted and suspended everyone.

Well, technically there is when Roshen announced enforced rotations are now required.
    Simone likes this.
  13. Makelite Augur

Are all of your minds made of butter? I started two weeks ago, no announcement was made to me, just the agreement I clicked accept on and I guarantee it isn't there.

Have you read the actual announcement? It refers to raid rotations between guilds, that doesn't include trash mobs, or does it? Neither does it refer to the entire server population, they can't enforce that. What they can enforce is guilds being mean to each other but they aren't going to punish the group player that enters sky to kill trash.

This whole thing is an abomination with so many loop holes. If 3 or 4 groups went to sky just to kill trash on the first island, just like they do in hate and fear who aren't part of the guild rotation discussions, I find it hard to believe that DBG is going to suspend them or the entirety of their guilds, especially not after this debacle.

You guys are making this game a laughing stock, and don't use competition as an excuse because you rerolled on LJ to avoid it.
    Batbener, Punchu and snubs like this.
  14. Fiyero Augur

In the case of sky, yes, because that's what the majority of guild leaders voted on.
    Simone likes this.
  15. Makelite Augur

Correction, "some" guild leaders, you can't apply the rules to some random joe, even if Daybreak agrees to it because unless they make every individual sign it, it means nothing to me.

This is all because DBG has no idea what they are doing here. It's all knee jerk and most of you should be able to see that but instead you encourage them and then cry foul...
    snubs likes this.
  16. Protocol Dragon Defender

Oh gee I sure hope you guys don't cause the rotation to fall apart and make DBG back off from enforcing nonsense rules. What would FI ever do if that happened?
    Tudadar likes this.
  17. SnapVine Augur

As someone with no dog in the fight, I can't believe you would even make a claim like this. Your "requests" regarding suspensions should be meaningless. I hope they are.

I can't believe people got suspended over Fairies and Azeraks in the first place. That sounds completely ridiculous. Even if its in your silly rotation agreement.
    snubs and Protocol like this.
  18. Protocol Dragon Defender

The sad thing is that DBG actually brings guild leaders into private chats to discuss punishments for players who break the rotation. That's not a joke. With that said the request does have weight.

I think it's stupid too man, trust me.
  19. Makelite Augur

From the history that I have read, sock all targets until someone beats you and then transfer back to test to practice? I don't know, I don't run FI....
  20. Ghubuk Augur

The rotation guilds should make all zones in eq "rotation zones". That way they can exp and farm everywhere and every one else will be banned as soon as they log in if DBG is using the rotation rule of a few guilds to be the overarching agreement that everyone has to follow.
    Tudadar and Makelite like this.