Will the melee buff be on the progression servers?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Alpha_Ragefire, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Alpha_Ragefire Lorekeeper

- - Starting at level 40 and extending to level 105, all non-caster classes will be granted ranks in a passive AA ability line that increases overall melee damage dealt with all skill types. The percentage increase starts at 10% and increases to 50% by level 65 for all classes. For levels 70 through 105 the percentage increase scales differently per class.

Will the TLP servers get this?
  2. Freki Augur

probably when the aa is put up in luclin or later
  3. Alpha_Ragefire Lorekeeper

With it being lvl 40+, I'm thinking (hoping, praying, etc.) that we will get it.
  4. Freki Augur

the point is it is changes to the AA. there are no AA's available till luclin.
  5. Lateryn Augur

You say that, but HT/Origin etc are in on TLP and they are considered "AAs". So they are there.
  6. Freki Augur

they were mentioned at the begining that the AA's were not going to be there but Harm Touch is NOT an AA, origin is the only out of era item. HT and LoH are class abilities that have been in the game since day -whatever developing time. origin is there to assist melee on these servers. just like in game mail and parcel transfer service... things the devs though would not be over powering.
  7. Reht The Dude abides...

Silv likes this.
  8. RainbowTest Augur

Scroll down to the very bottom of the patch messages and watch 2/3 of the raiding guilds piss their pants.
  9. Silv Augur

You mean the live servers? Yeah. That has nothing to do with you.

All you got were properly tuned raids, nerfed pet-walling (if you can even consider that a nerf), and improved melee DPS.
  10. Skuhdoosh New Member

Yes, it will be on progression servers, scroll to i believe the 2nd? red reply, and they confirm it.
    Simone likes this.
  11. Swarfega New Member

'Will' or 'If' these changes go to TLP servers is the wrong question

When will these changes be available to use on the TLP servers? is the correct question. When AA's are officially unlocked (Luclin) or somehow be available in classic or Kunark.
  12. Simone Augur

I just logged in with my warrior on test. At level 50 I had 25% melee damage increase. That seems like a pretty big increase. With the buffs on the raid encounters being scaled back and with changes magician and necromancer pets I'm not sure the melee boost was needed on these servers at this time.
  13. kythik Lorekeeper

I'd say for all melee classes minus monk it was needed. I guess they want monks doing wizard/necro dps but no one else.
    Protocol likes this.
  14. Simone Augur

If that was the only change at this time I would agree that it's needed but in conjunction with all of the other changes I'm not sure how this is going to pan out. It could be fine or it could make melee classes overpowered compared to the caster classes. Are monks set to become the new mages? I don't know; I guess we'll find out.
  15. Protocol Dragon Defender

If we assume that Monks will be seeing roughly a 20% DPS increase at level 50 they may actually get close to the top of the parse for some raids. During DPS races it's still going to be all about those casters though.
  16. RainbowTest Augur

The necro and mage pets got 2 major nerfs. A rollback on stats from before TLP launch and now raid bosses will do some crazy things to summoned pets.
  17. Kobra Augur

The game at this juncture needs more class diversity so I am all for these changes even if it nerfs my class.
  18. Numiko Augur

Time to start working on my ranger! :eek:
  19. skattabrainz Augur

from what i heard, Beastlords and zerkers were kinda suffering on live servers (and, well not existing on the progression servers heh) hope the devs continue to work towards making all classes bring-worthy to a good raiding guild.
  20. Tudadar Augur

Monks were OP just like mage/nec. Maybe they didnt know this ^_^ 40%ish dmg increase at 60 for monks will be insane.